Oh boy Gundy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
The man wore a t-shirt. He’s entitled to do that in this country no matter what the butt hurt bigots say about it.
Lol

D168D8CE-EEEC-4DAD-AE4B-CB18FFF14FCF.jpeg

Isn't he a self proclaimed republican? Calling out the underage, backstage wanderer seems pretty bi-partisan these days...
He's been very malleable in his proclamations throughout the ages.

As much for shock as anything.

FUN FACT: Robin Givens served our nation up to ranknof O-3.

Advertisement
Absolutely. But if recruits don't want to sign with him, he's out of a job.
I agree and that’s their decision. They are bigots if they make that decision because he’s a republican. Now , if they don’t want to play for him because of past racist issues, so be it. His fault.

People can evolve and become better going forward but certain past behaviors may always continue to eliminate them from participating in certain things. Reformed Felons May be changed but they still can’t buy guns.

Apparently, this information was available and known when Gundy was hired in a position supervising a majority of athletes who are black. That shows indifference by those who hired him, IMO.
Was it really known? This article is from 1989. I suspect they hired based on results and used the logic that if there was something bad in the past, it would be widely known.

Advertisement
Was it really known? This article is from 1989. I suspect they hired based on results and used the logic that if there was something bad in the past, it would be widely known.
I don’t know. If they did reasonable due diligence, it would’ve shown up. And if they knew it then they didn’t put any high value in it.

What’s going on right now is a decompression. It’s the ability to speak to lash out and in some instances to take vengeance. For many years **** women African-Americans any minority or any minority group have been ridiculed or have been silenced. Even when legal action has been taken nothing happened.
The fact that you can use your phone to film a snippet or an entirety of any injustice that has occurred to you or your race creed or religion and then have the ability to post it and send it to millions of people and news outlets is a small release valve that’s under a lot of pressure.
What we are witnessing is a feeding frenzy. A feeding frenzy that’s feeding the appetite a politically leaning news outlets social media pages and blogs. There are people who are reinforcing and pushing for their agenda at the same time that they are making money on YouTube on Instagram and any other social media platform that you can benefit from. There are forces in government that are using this to further their agenda and it’s causing in my opinion irreparable damage to American society freedom and stability of this nation if it doesn’t get a handle on it.
Ever since I came to this country in 1975 all I’ve been hearing is that “doesn't happen here it can’t happen here this is America”. Well it seems like it is happening it seems like we are turning into that society. For those that think that a politician a leader a political party a fringe group can’t make you do horrible things even against your own kind, then you haven’t been paying attention to history. America is the best country in the world imo. But it hasn’t been immune to terror by its own citizens and government. And the fact that that ability exists in human nature means that the fabric of this nation can be torn to pieces and again history has proven that ot doesn’t take much.
If you have the time to listen to a podcast I recommend this one about the genocid in Rwanda where the killing occurred not with guns or artillery but with machetes. We literally have people in this country that are praying to fight a civil war. They are convinced that this is the only way to fix it. Militias, white supremacist, anarchists, you name it. we need to start toning this sht down.

Last edited:
People can evolve and become better going forward but certain past behaviors may always continue to eliminate them from participating in certain things. Reformed Felons May be changed but they still can’t buy guns.

They can file a petition to get their rights back though. It also depends on the severity of the crime.

For example, an armed robber may very well never get his firearms rights back, but a guy that was a street racer going 120mph in a 55 is considered a felony speeder.

Should a kid that drives a car fast (as most kids do) be forever denied their civil rights?

In any case, some head coach calling blacks n****** 30 years ago is a false equivalency to someone committing a felony.

What if a black did the same thing? Are they forever disqualified from coaching for using a racial slur? What if he called white players 'white boys' or 'honkies' when he was a player 30 years ago? Should he get fired?

I think thats a bit silly. Obviously if he is *now* wearing a white hood, yelling racial slurs and forcing blacks to sit at the back of the bus; okay you got a point.

Advertisement
This isn’t new info. It’s been out there 31 years... so this clearly isn’t what this is about. It’s about the tshirt. And the truth with the tshirt is that the key problem is that it indicates he is republican... let’s be real about this. That’s what people don’t like. The rest is just trying to find whatever ammo can be used.
He might be a Republican but Fox is the establishment Republican home base. I am not a Republican and listen to OAN for news a lot and Charles Payne on Fox business for intelligent advise. Dude could just as easily be an independent. He is likely a conservative and that could be the offense you mean. Blue blood Republicans are not usually real conservatives.

I just want to see consistency. Either we are permanently accountable for our past sins or after a period of time and a little contrition, they are forgiven. I'd choose the latter because I believe in second chances and the ability to change.

What we can't have is some people being forgiven like Sen. Byrd and some people being crucified like Gundy.
Accountability is only for who the mob says at that instant.

Advertisement
He might be a Republican but Fox is the establishment Republican home base. I am not a Republican and listen to OAN for news a lot and Charles Payne on Fox business for intelligent advise. Dude could just as easily be an independent. He is likely a conservative and that could be the offense you mean. Blue blood Republicans are not usually real conservatives.

giphy.gif

They can file a petition to get their rights back though. It also depends on the severity of the crime.

For example, an armed robber may very well never get his firearms rights back, but a guy that was a street racer going 120mph in a 55 is considered a felony speeder.

Should a kid that drives a car fast (as most kids do) be forever denied their civil rights?

In any case, some head coach calling blacks n****** 30 years ago is a false equivalency to someone committing a felony.

What if a black did the same thing? Are they forever disqualified from coaching for using a racial slur? What if he called white players 'white boys' or 'honkies' when he was a player 30 years ago? Should he get fired?

I think thats a bit silly. Obviously if he is *now* wearing a white hood, yelling racial slurs and forcing blacks to sit at the back of the bus; okay you got a point.
Some good points. People can evolve. For me, if I was doing the hiring in this public position and I knew the history, i would opt for a candidate without that history.

So when OSU fires him, do we want him for Manny replacement. We did okay with our last OSU HC. Not that there is a chance in **** we hire him, just wondering. I seem to remember lots of people wanting him when it was just a coaching question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back