Oh boy Gundy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would cheating 31 years ago make you a cheater today? Have you ever cheated on someone? Does that mean you're a cheater? Since you've grown/matured, would you then label yourself a cheater had you cheated? If you cheated before your wife, did you tell her you were a cheater?
Yes, no, yes, yes (same question as one worded differently) two was no, so the last question doesn’t have an answer.

Advertisement
Interesting that people are arguing about the use of vocabulary 30 + years ago and it's only relevant because the color of his skin.

For context, I started dating my wife thirty one years ago. I’ve never cheated on her. If I had, I’m sure I would have grown/matured since. I don’t think time would have made it acceptable if I had.

No but you losing your marriage would be a steep price to pay over something you did 30 years ago,

Advertisement
If you’re trying to make a point then why’d you use a video of him defending his African American QB when the white folk said he had an “attitude” problem?

I’m not even trying to get into it with anybody. I’m not saying he said something or he didn’t say something and if he did he was wrong for it. What I do know is that this **** started over a stupid t-shirt and the mob police got after him likes it was Germany in 1931. Next step, jailing anybody who agrees with you. Funny, that’s how it happened in Cuba too.
This is not the beginnings of genocide. Now that we’ve overcome that horribly inaccurate comparison, we can move onto a ruthless dictator who destroyed a country and it’s people for power and money... you need to read the entirety of the conversation/posts before you comment. Mike Gundy is a fraud. That video, like the comments he made that started this thread, are his to own. Nothing you or I post here will change either of them. It’s his life, words and actions on display. Good or bad, he’s going to live with them.

Last edited:
No but you losing your marriage would be a steep price to pay over something you did 30 years ago,
Or living a thirty year lie and hurting someone for that same thirty years, for actions of said “partner”, would be more steep for the unknowing victim. Steep 🤔 thinking my wife might disagree with you.

This is not the beginnings of genocide. Now that we’ve overcome that horribly inaccurate comparison, we can move onto a ruthless dictator who destroyed a country and it’s people for power and money... you need to read the entirety of the conversation/posts before you comment. Mike Gundy is a fraud. That video, like the comments he made that started this thread, are his to own. Nothing you or I post here will change either of them. It’s his life, words and actions on display. Good or bad, he’s going to live with it.
Yes. it. is.

Go read a history book or even better how Hitler or any other dictator gained power. I’ve never seen so many “educated” adults literally pick and choose what they want to believe about history. It’s literally documented and fact checked there for you to see and you have multiple occurrences of it in the past 130 years alone. The playbook on how they’re using you is literally right there for you to read and educate yourself and you go “Nope, not happening”.

Seriously, how the **** can you be so ignorant? Oh that’s right, you’re going to vote for a presidential candidate who’s solely responsible for disproportionate incarceration of African Americans due to a crime bill he passed in 1992 because...”drum roll”... racism exists. Welcome to America.

Last edited:
This isn’t new info. It’s been out there 31 years... so this clearly isn’t what this is about. It’s about the tshirt. And the truth with the tshirt is that the key problem is that it indicates he is republican... let’s be real about this. That’s what people don’t like. The rest is just trying to find whatever ammo can be used.
Young kids that give a **** about racism aren't usually into the white mans partisan politics.

Advertisement
Yes. it. is.

Go read a history book or even better how Hitler or any other dictator gained power in Germany. I’ve never seen so many “educated” adults literally pick and choose what they want to believe about history. It’s literally documented and fact checked there for you to see and you have multiple occurrences of it in the past 130 years alone. The playbook is literally right there for you to read and educate yourself and you go “Nope, not happening”.

Seriously, how the **** can you be so ignorant? Oh that’s right, you’re going to vote for a presidential candidate who’s solely responsible for disproportionate incarceration of African Americans due to a crime bill he passed in 1992 because...drum roll... racism exists. Welcome to America...
I kindly asked you to read the entirety of the thread and my posts. You obviously didn’t. My mother’s parents were married after the war. The both lost their first wife/husband and children and families. One hundred and forty seven dead, two survived. You are ignorant. I’m also not voting for Joe Biden. However, you and your posts make the point for some, that Republicans are racist and under educated. Pander your racist fear mongering propaganda to someone else. I’m done with this conversation.

How the F did this thread go from Gundy repeatedly using the ‘N’ word 30 years ago to conjuring up Hitler and Castro?
I take that responsibility. I moved apartments today and I’m a bit short fused. I got to do my part of keeping that stuff off the board. It’s not what we’re here for.

Advertisement
You’re saying he should lose his job over statements made 30 years ago. Not something he’s done or said as HC at OSU.

Thanks.

I think he should be fired for not being a very good HC and going 2-13 vs OU, but I can imagine the ugly mullet, t-shirt and N-word is ultimately going to be what does him in.

Advertisement
So? What about it? What are the next steps? End Gundy’s career? Demand an apology?
Im in the “end his career” camp. That’s should be the obvious next steps for anyone, and the fact that an explanation is needed for why his career as a college coach should end is strange.

Cant be a college coach at a public university and be an example of leadership and morality, while making millions suckling off of the free labor tweet of young black men, when you’ve used that word with hate in your heart. And it doesn’t matter if it happened 31 years ago, 13 or 3.

Sorry, “it’s fine for Gundy to have used an ethnic slur” supporters, but he’s got to go.

And the fact that there are some on attempting to paper over this with “it was 31 years ago so don’t judge him for his sins as a 22 year old” or “I need more evidence,” even though this was in newspapers at the time and confirmed by James today is “interesting” and quite striking to say the least.

Last edited:
You’re saying he should lose his job over statements made 30 years ago. Not something he’s done or said as HC at OSU.

Thanks.
Yes. He should and will lose his job. Rightfully so. Doesn’t mean he should lose a chance to make a living. Just not in a profession whose business model allows him to gain generational wealth off the skills of majority black athletes...I’m sure that news network he reps could use a Football analyst tho🤷🏾‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back