Officiating

Advertisement
Advertisement
The Pass interference call when the linesman clearly said it was def holding... you knew the fix was in ..

And how many holding calls did their offensive line get called against them....? just ridiculous at this point

And I hate to criticize officials because.... I am one!!! NCAA but not in football Thats why I come on here.....

JC

Advertisement
There were terrible calls all game. But that sequence at the goal line was horrid. First, Hodges was held on his route out in the open, clear to see. So King pulls it down and is clearly short, quick snap, TD. But no, they blow it dead, after he breaks the plane mind you. Remember when you reviewed a play like 1 or 2 plays later during the UL game? Why couldn't they just wait for the outcome of the play and then review it if we didn't score. Then of course the false start that really didn't look like a false start. There were so many other bad calls but that whole sequence just stunk.

They also gave them a yard or two several times with bad spots.
Glad I wasn’t the only one who noticed this. Sometimes I question whether it’s my implicit bias that causes me to question all the calls we don’t get...but after watching ACC refs ignore obvious holding multiple times per game against us for many years now I realize that they simply hate us and always will.

Advertisement
The replay call after we scored on 4th-goal was BS. We knew we didn’t score, lined up, and ran another play. Nothing to review. We scored on 4th down, no need to review 3rd down. The rule to replay timing needs to change.

And, if a player needs the game stopped for ‘injury’ make him sit 3 plays, or 5 plays, or maybe even the remainder of series. If he’s really injured it won’t matter, and coaches won’t have players flopping if the player won’t be able to return quickly. And if different players are flopping, make the time on the bench longer each time. See if coaches want to have players miss entire quarters for that nonsense.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The Pass interference call when the linesman clearly said it was def holding... you knew the fix was in ..

And how many holding calls did their offensive line get called against them....? just ridiculous at this point

And I hate to criticize officials because.... I am one!!! NCAA but not in football Thats why I come on here.....

JC
So you can get us the solid evidence that the fix is in!!

Advertisement
Back