Officiating

I’m usually the first to go against officials but we battled against ourselves most the night.

Advertisement
There were terrible calls all game. But that sequence at the goal line was horrid. First, Hodges was held on his route out in the open, clear to see. So King pulls it down and is clearly short, quick snap, TD. But no, they blow it dead, after he breaks the plane mind you. Remember when you reviewed a play like 1 or 2 plays later during the UL game? Why couldn't they just wait for the outcome of the play and then review it if we didn't score. Then of course the false start that really didn't look like a false start. There were so many other bad calls but that whole sequence just stunk.
Real talk Hodges got held like a mf

Advertisement
What about the kicker from NC St telling us to suck it after he made the 53 yarder? How was that not an unsportsmanlike penalty??
Oh, but it was okay because he's a pro wrestling fan according to the announcers.

Advertisement
I don't ever bring up race, i really don't.... however, i actually think there are some major biases causing the one sided penalties. I mean this has been going on for years and it's incredibly blatant.

I'd love for someone to do a statistical analysis of this over the years. I bet it would be shocking (not to us, but to the casual football fan).

I mean we have ridiculous DEs and that's the one position we really have been good at for years, yet we NEVER get holding calls.....ever. I mean it's common sense that on average, lineman will be forced to hold more often if the player they're blocking is good, yet it somehow doesn't apply for Miami.

There were terrible calls all game. But that sequence at the goal line was horrid. First, Hodges was held on his route out in the open, clear to see. So King pulls it down and is clearly short, quick snap, TD. But no, they blow it dead, after he breaks the plane mind you. Remember when you reviewed a play like 1 or 2 plays later during the UL game? Why couldn't they just wait for the outcome of the play and then review it if we didn't score. Then of course the false start that really didn't look like a false start. There were so many other bad calls but that whole sequence just stunk.
I can't lie. I actually turned the game off in the 3rd quarter because of the officiating. Went to sleep ****ed as a ****. I was mesmerized by how blatant the BS was. Convinced refs were going to make sure we lost. But the wife woke me up 1hr later screaming "the refs lost"!! Sweet wet dream after that

When I we going to get out of this conference. This tobacco road bs has gone on for as long as we joined. And Manny and this administration need to find some guts. The ACC needs us a lot more than we need them. The U is still THE brand in cfb!

What was the ratio of holds on us vs them, the almost game changing calls at the goal line, etc. - pathetic. Proud of the guys for over-coming but it won't happen every time. The old Canes could win regardless, but there's too much parity these days to have to beat the opponent and the officials.

Advertisement
The Pass interference call when the linesman clearly said it was def holding... you knew the fix was in ..

And how many holding calls did their offensive line get called against them....? just ridiculous at this point

And I hate to criticize officials because.... I am one!!! NCAA but not in football Thats why I come on here.....

JC
Thats it, call a spade a spade

Can confidently say that was the worst officiated game that I've seen in as long as I can remember.

Its almost impressive that a conference can so blatantly say fvck you to a university smack dab on national television as the ACC did last night

Did anyone see an OL move on that TD by Harris that was called back? Once again a horribly offficiated game involving Miami. Sad.(n)
It’s a joke, the way the officiating was all One sided. No one on the line moved on that TD, and why did the booth take a look and the previous play? King was down well before the Goal Line, and I didn’t see anyone protesting the call or placement of the ball

Advertisement
What about the kicker from NC St telling us to suck it after he made the 53 yarder? How was that not an unsportsmanlike penalty??
I thought the same thing. The NCST players looked like they were being extra the whole game, and nothing.

The Pass interference call when the linesman clearly said it was def holding... you knew the fix was in ..

And how many holding calls did their offensive line get called against them....? just ridiculous at this point

And I hate to criticize officials because.... I am one!!! NCAA but not in football Thats why I come on here.....

JC

I rarely blame the refs but last night was a disgrace. It’s makes this win that much more impressive because the refs were terrible. I’m going to list all the terrible ones I remember thay

-Calling back the Harris TD when the play had already been ran to review a play that King was clearly down short.

-the following play calling false start where in slow mo replay you can’t even say definitively anyone moved early

-personal foul in Roche. The guy who threw the flag is seen on tv in the ref huddle saying the NC State guy was shoving Roches head in the ground. His flag was for him. You then see the others Roche pushed and the main ref convince him it’s in Miami. Roche barely touched the guy who put his head in the dirt and sat in him for 3 seconds after the play

-Phillips offside call when we had them pinned deep end of first half trying to get the ball back. Phillips body didn’t even move towards the line of scrimmage. He flinched and they call him for offsides.

-Clark hold on the King first down run that was called back. We eventually had to punt. He blocked the guy and turned him out of the hole as you are taught. There was no hold

-the countless missed holding calls on their offensive line. They were **** near tackling our guys. Nesta’s huge tackle on the second to last drive he was literally getting held all the way into the tackle haha

-the PI call on blades that the ref clearly and the announcers clearly indicated was a hold and the main ref just said **** it and going with PI instead.

-I’m sure we held on kickoff returns as most teams do these days cause no one really practices it anymore but **** every single one we got a flag!?!?!?

-NC state kicker celebration saying suck it to our bench. No flag? Miami would have gotten a flag and dogged out by the announcers for being disrespectful of some ****. I actually thought it was funny cause I liked DX and actually got written up cause I did that motion to my 8th grade PE teacher.
This team overcame a lot against a solid team on the road down 10 pts late to win. Some will say it’s NC State and we should have smashed them but this is football and dogfights happen. In past years this team would’ve folded and got embarrassed in national tv. Then blown up by media about “not being back”.

hopefully this teams sees how bad they played in defense and comes out ready for Va Tech who will give us a battle next week.

Advertisement
Back