Officially Media Favorites for Coastal

Advertisement
I don't want to be coastal favorites until we prove we can stay there.

I don't know what's sadder

Not winning the Coastal in 13 years, or only being picked to win it 4 times in the last 13 years...

I don't know what's sadder

Not winning the Coastal in 13 years, or only being picked to win it 4 times in the last 13 years...

Agree. But I'm guessing our inability to win it feeds into the number of selections we've been afforded.

Advertisement
Both. The She-man-holes have done both. We? Nada.

Last edited:
Says more about the state of the Coastal than it does about our team.

Somebody has to win the **** thing.

My guess would be either GT or Pitt, with 2 conference losses. That should do it.

One thing is almost certainly guaranteed: it won't be us.

My guess would be either GT or Pitt, with 2 conference losses. That should do it.

Disappointed in this take from you Rok... I hoped you'd go the other way with the expectations.

I feel like your trying to be too safe.

Advertisement
Still Golden and Shannonized around here. I'll believe in the hype come November. I always thought we had the pieces to win the Coastal, at least once. ****, Duke has even won one. They're really betting on our defense, and a part of me wants too, as well, but who's running the show at QB has way too many question marks.

Disappointed in this take from you Rok... I hoped you'd go the other way with the expectations.

There's been a lot of news since the bowl game - and it's all been bad.
All of the strengths that were supposed to be there in 2017 have been eroded by attrition.
QB, RB, TE, OL, DL, DB...they've all been hit pretty hard.
One thing that hasn't changed is Perry's potential, and he's surrounded by some good talent.
But this latest thing with Willis was what did it lol

All of the strengths that were supposed to be there in 2017 have been eroded by attrition.
One thing that hasn't changed is Perry's potential, and he's surrounded by some good talent.
DB was hit pretty hard? We added Dean, Delaney, Bandy, Amari Carter & moved Red over to his natural position.

TE & the interior DL has taken a hit no doubt, but our DLine is deep enough to survive it imo.

The biggest loss to the OL to me was Isadora, but Donaldson will probably be better than him as a TF.
I don't see Dogwu as that big of a loss to be honest, he wasn't going to start ahead of St. Louis.

Advertisement
this was obvious as UM will be the highest ranked preseason team out of the coastal . Also UM's schedule is so easy 10-11 wins with decent qb play is almost a lock IMO since we have real coaches now. The question will be can we beat FSU 1 out of the 2 times we play them. I think we do but the 2nd time not the first as Perry ain't going into Tally in Sept and winning .

DB was hit pretty hard? We added Dean, Delaney, Bandy, Amari Carter & moved Red over to his natural position.

TE & the interior DL has taken a hit no doubt, but our DLine is deep enough to survive it imo.

The biggest loss to the OL to me was Isadora, but Donaldson will probably be better than him as a TF.
I don't see Dogwu as that big of a loss to be honest, he wasn't going to start ahead of St. Louis.

And who thought QB would be a strength?

Advertisement
Still Golden and Shannonized around here. I'll believe in the hype come November. I always thought we had the pieces to win the Coastal, at least once. ****, Duke has even won one. They're really betting on our defense, and a part of me wants too, as well, but who's running the show at QB has way too many question marks.

On top of that, I think people are overlooking vtech and n. carolina. Until we beat both of them, I'm wait-and-see as well.

Dean, Delaney, Bandy, Carter...four guys who we haven't seen play.

I'm as excited as anyone about these guys but our two-deep is comprised largely by players who just got here.

Should be fun, but I'm trying to remain guarded as you pointed out.

Last edited:

Dean, Delaney, Bandy, Carter...four guys who we haven't seen play.

I'm as excited as anyone about these guys but our two-deep is comprised largely by players who just got here.

Should be fun, but I'm trying to remain guarded as you pointed out.

I tend to lean toward reasonable projections over "what we've seen."

Before last season, Mcintosh and Norton were relative unknowns. Our DL players had looked subpar under a different system for years. Our LBs rarely made plays and we introduced 3 True Frosh LBs, which is a recipe for disaster. Still, I felt hopeful because of the change in system and what that'd do to results. Sometimes, you have to project.

Our defense is far from hurting. Where we currently stand (health-wise), there aren't any excuses for the defense. Gerald Willis' loss is highly unlikely to affect the W/L column. Then again, I'm high on Pat Bethel's projection.

Whatever has happened since January is less relevant than where we will be after Fall practices relative to the other teams on our ACC schedule. We are still at a clear advantage in the coastal and it would be a big disappointment if we remain relatively healthy and fail to win the Coastal division.

Advertisement
Back