Officially Media Favorites for Coastal

Advertisement
Disappointed in this take from you Rok... I hoped you'd go the other way with the expectations.

I feel like your trying to be too safe.
There's been a lot of news since the bowl game - and it's all been bad.
All of the strengths that were supposed to be there in 2017 have been eroded by attrition.
QB, RB, TE, OL, DL, DB...they've all been hit pretty hard.
One thing that hasn't changed is Perry's potential, and he's surrounded by some good talent.
But this latest thing with Willis was what did it lol
DB was hit pretty hard? We added Dean, Delaney, Bandy, Amari Carter & moved Red over to his natural position.

TE & the interior DL has taken a hit no doubt, but our DLine is deep enough to survive it imo.

The biggest loss to the OL to me was Isadora, but Donaldson will probably be better than him as a TF.
I don't see Dogwu as that big of a loss to be honest, he wasn't going to start ahead of St. Louis.

Dean, Delaney, Bandy, Carter...four guys who we haven't seen play.

I'm as excited as anyone about these guys but our two-deep is comprised largely by players who just got here.

Should be fun, but I'm trying to remain guarded as you pointed out.

I tend to lean toward reasonable projections over "what we've seen."

Before last season, Mcintosh and Norton were relative unknowns. Our DL players had looked subpar under a different system for years. Our LBs rarely made plays and we introduced 3 True Frosh LBs, which is a recipe for disaster. Still, I felt hopeful because of the change in system and what that'd do to results. Sometimes, you have to project.

Our defense is far from hurting. Where we currently stand (health-wise), there aren't any excuses for the defense. Gerald Willis' loss is highly unlikely to affect the W/L column. Then again, I'm high on Pat Bethel's projection.

Whatever has happened since January is less relevant than where we will be after Fall practices relative to the other teams on our ACC schedule. We are still at a clear advantage in the coastal and it would be a big disappointment if we remain relatively healthy and fail to win the Coastal division.

Louie CKane,

That is a lucid, intelligent, well thought-out objection.

And I was almost convinced until the very end, and then you mentioned about staying healthy and was reminded of how precariously thin we are at several positions, and how we have to play @FSU while teams like Pitt don't play FSU, Clemson or Louisville at all in 2017. Feels like a lot of things would need to break in our favor.

There's been a lot of news since the bowl game - and it's all been bad.
All of the strengths that were supposed to be there in 2017 have been eroded by attrition.
QB, RB, TE, OL, DL, DB...they've all been hit pretty hard.
One thing that hasn't changed is Perry's potential, and he's surrounded by some good talent.
But this latest thing with Willis was what did it lol
DB was hit pretty hard? We added Dean, Delaney, Bandy, Amari Carter & moved Red over to his natural position.

TE & the interior DL has taken a hit no doubt, but our DLine is deep enough to survive it imo.

The biggest loss to the OL to me was Isadora, but Donaldson will probably be better than him as a TF.
I don't see Dogwu as that big of a loss to be honest, he wasn't going to start ahead of St. Louis.

Dean, Delaney, Bandy, Carter...four guys who we haven't seen play.

I'm as excited as anyone about these guys but our two-deep is comprised largely by players who just got here.

Should be fun, but I'm trying to remain guarded as you pointed out.

I tend to lean toward reasonable projections over "what we've seen."

Before last season, Mcintosh and Norton were relative unknowns. Our DL players had looked subpar under a different system for years. Our LBs rarely made plays and we introduced 3 True Frosh LBs, which is a recipe for disaster. Still, I felt hopeful because of the change in system and what that'd do to results. Sometimes, you have to project.

Our defense is far from hurting. Where we currently stand (health-wise), there aren't any excuses for the defense. Gerald Willis' loss is highly unlikely to affect the W/L column. Then again, I'm high on Pat Bethel's projection.

Whatever has happened since January is less relevant than where we will be after Fall practices relative to the other teams on our ACC schedule. We are still at a clear advantage in the coastal and it would be a big disappointment if we remain relatively healthy and fail to win the Coastal division.

Louie CKane,

That is a lucid, intelligent, well thought-out objection.

And I was almost convinced until the very end, and then you mentioned about staying healthy and was reminded of how precariously thin we are at several positions, and how we have to play @FSU while teams like Pitt don't play FSU, Clemson or Louisville at all in 2017. Feels like a lot of things would need to break in our favor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX15un8nf3o

Coastal title or bust...

It's time to re-set the standards for this storied program

The future is now...

Advertisement
Coastal title or bust...

The future is now...

Nobody wants to believe it but the ACC is the toughest conference in the country.

I'd accept 10 wins for the first time since 2003 and no Coastal division title.

A blind man can see that the Canes are the favorites.

They just have to go out there now and take what belongs to them.

Coastal title or bust...

The future is now...

Nobody wants to believe it but the ACC is the toughest conference in the country.

I'd accept 10 wins for the first time since 2003 and no Coastal division title.

I dont disagree with this, and I think what separates this conference(at least last season) is it's overall QB play. But for years the ACC has been right up there in terms of players drafted into the NFL and I believe the ACC has better head coaches top to bottom than the SEC

Advertisement
Back