Official Visits - December 10th Weekend

Advertisement
I like that idea. Rings completely gone in the trash. Chains maybe on visits or just on display and then surprise break them out during some massive game out of nowhere.
Exactly, if they go missing for an entire season or two, and then we make the playoffs and Cristobal surprisingly green lights them that would crash the internet/media. Our players would be hyped and it would form a Hurricane, whoever we are playing would die after they come out. Guaranteed win when substance and style meet.

Alot of talent in the Portal, especially at positions we need like LB.
In order for us to win the ACC next season - yes, that should be a realistic goal to strive for in the 2022 season- we need the following from the portal (minimum):

2 LBers
1 OT
1 CB (preferably 2)
1 RB (we’re too fragile there, still need one)
1 stud WR (some of these other positions we can afford to take a good player, but there’s no reason to take a wide receiver unless they are a stud and basically can take Rambo‘s place for one season)
1 DE

AFTER getting those must haves, here are some that aren’t as important, but would be good to have:

1 more CB
1 stud TE
1 more OT
1 more C
1 more DE

Advertisement
I don’t think we need a RB in the portal, that would be a luxury and not top priority, especially with Brashard Smith being able in a limited role. I expect jumps to serviceable from Mammarelli and Brantley, so no TE especially if we land Skinner, which we can.

I’d take:
2 OL
1 DT
1 DE or 2 DE if no great DTs are available
2 CBs especially if TS leaves
2 LBs

Jaleel Skinner is an Alabama commit that Miami convinced to come on an official visit this weekend, and a flip is possible here.

Skinner is expected to wait until signing day, but the Canes are right in this.

The skinny (no pun intended) off his visit?

He told CaneSport his visit "has gone really well."

Skinner is friends with QB Jacurri Brown and the two have spent time together during the weekend. So we also asked Brown his perspective on what might happen with Skinner.

"He’s feeling it here, but he has one of the best coaches in colleges football on him, coach (Nick) Saban. But he’s having a good time. He likes coach Cristobal, that’s why he came on the visit. I told him Tuscaloosa isn’t like Coral Gables or Miami. We talked for a good bit and hung out last night.

"I really don’t know what he’ll do. If he’s signing next week I doubt he comes to Miami. But if he doesn’t sign then yeah, there's a chance. But h e said he already has in his mind what he’s going to do."

So now the wait is on to see what will happen here.

Advertisement
Jaleel Skinner is an Alabama commit that Miami convinced to come on an official visit this weekend, and a flip is possible here.

Skinner is expected to wait until signing day, but the Canes are right in this.

The skinny (no pun intended) off his visit?

He told CaneSport his visit "has gone really well."

Skinner is friends with QB Jacurri Brown and the two have spent time together during the weekend. So we also asked Brown his perspective on what might happen with Skinner.

"He’s feeling it here, but he has one of the best coaches in colleges football on him, coach (Nick) Saban. But he’s having a good time. He likes coach Cristobal, that’s why he came on the visit. I told him Tuscaloosa isn’t like Coral Gables or Miami. We talked for a good bit and hung out last night.

"I really don’t know what he’ll do. If he’s signing next week I doubt he comes to Miami. But if he doesn’t sign then yeah, there's a chance. But h e said he already has in his mind what he’s going to do."

So now the wait is on to see what will happen here.
Sounds like he’ll stick with Bama.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Skinner is very impressionable and he loves the Canes (you could see the sparkle in his eyes during Paradise camp while meeting the former players). I trust Mario got him to visit with a plan of attack for this weekend. Skinner came to hear and listen to why he should not go to Bama and should instead be a Cane. He gave Mario a chance to explain this to him. Mario can do that.

Advertisement
Back