Official Visits - December 10th Weekend

Advertisement
Heard it went terrible. Direct source. We have no shot.

It sounds like Mario Cristobal is nailing this first official visit weekend after talking to a source who has been involved in all of the activities.

Here are some of my biggest takeaways from our conversation.

- There seems to be a full buy-in from the recruits currently on the visit. They made it sound like all the commits there feel much better about the direction of the program and that it would be impossible not to given everything they have experienced this weekend.

- It's become abundantly clear that Miami will quickly matchup with the rest of the country in terms of the 'arms race' of college football. There is big money being invested into the programs and the vision has been laid out in terms of how the university plans to upgrade facilities and potentially add even more to what is already set up there on San Amaro Dr. That was a really impactful portion of the trip.

Cristobal made it very clear that this program will give everything it can to give the student-athletes the best possible experience, from an investment in sports psychology, to a top nutrition program, to the locker rooms, to upgrade across the football facility. It seems like it's only a matter of time before Coral Gables matches up with the top programs in America when it comes to things made to improve and benefit the student-athletes at Miami.

- The source, while showing tons of respect to Manny Diaz and other UM staffers for the job they did here, says there is a clear difference in the way the program will operate under Mario Cristobal. You can see that he's a pure football guy, no-nonsense type, and makes it abundantly clear that he's going to demand a ton from these players. Cristobal also made it known that he would feel 'disingenuous' to ask that of his players and not do it himself. It's obvious how hard Cristobal is going to work to make this program run at the standard that he expects, and that begins with the process of talent acquisition. Cristobal plans to attack that every day and takes recruiting extremely seriously. The source fully believes he is going to get things going at Miami and that the idea of that makes other major college football programs around the country nervous.

They said multiple people at schools you could see any given Saturday on ESPN's College Gameday have reached out wondering about what Cristobal is doing down here because there is a legitimate worry that if Miami gets rolling it could really impact them. There are major programs that do not want to see Miami succeed because they know what that means for the sport.

- On the recruiting front, the source indicated that he believes Miami has only helped themselves with uncommitted guys like Nyjalik Kelly, Jaleel Skinner, and Kevin Coleman. It appears as though everybody is thoroughly enjoying themselves and that there appears to be legitimate interest. I don't think it's far-fetched to assume that this weekend may have sealed the deal for a guy like Kelly. Not saying that's done, but have to feel good about it at this point.

With Skinner, it seems like he's really enjoyed himself as well. I'm not going to predict a flip right now or anything like that, but I would not be super shocked if he left Miami this weekend thinking much harder about this final decision.

There were also rumors floating out there that Coleman didn't come with family and I don't believe that to be true. The source couldn't confirm that Coleman's father is there, but they met a person who introduced themselves with the last name Coleman in his camp. I guess it could be a relative of some sort but I would bet that his father is with him on this visit. There is reason to feel good about how this weekend is impacting that recruitment as well based on my conversation. They have a lot of respect for Cristobal and, again, the source feels like there is a consensus buy-in on the vision.

Does that mean everyone here is coming? Maybe not. But there is reason to feel hopeful that Miami has done its part this weekend.

- Another factor to consider is the quality of athletes in the 305 this weekend. Every guy on the official visit is a blue-chip prospect. I don't of a time that's been a reality at Miami. The guys look to their left and to their right and see a potential big-time college player. There are eight Top247 talents in the room at all times. I believe this was a great opportunity for Cristobal to sell his vision of the program and how much this school is going to give to these athletes with the understanding that if this group came in together, they could change the course of Miami football. And there is reason to believe, again, that Cristobal absolutely nailed his opportunity to address the guys both individually and as a whole.

- Cristobal also laid out the vision for the offense and there is reason to believe names being linked to Miami are legitimate. I wasn't directly told Joe Brady or Kendall Briles, but they hinted that names discussed were 'names you've reported on.' There is mutual interest. It's more likely that final decisions aren't announced or even completed until after the Early Signing Period. The number one priority is for Cristobal to get through Wednesday and then turn towards the current staff and give them a chance to sell themselves to the new Hurricanes head man.

Advertisement
Nun ****?!?!
1639280412154.gif

It sounds like Mario Cristobal is nailing this first official visit weekend after talking to a source who has been involved in all of the activities.

- There seems to be a full buy-in from the recruits currently on the visit. They made it sound like all the commits there feel much better about the direction of the program and that it would be impossible not to given everything they have experienced this weekend.

- It's become abundantly clear that Miami will quickly matchup with the rest of the country in terms of the 'arms race' of college football. There is big money being invested into the programs and the vision has been laid out in terms of how the university plans to upgrade facilities and potentially add even more to what is already set up there on San Amaro Dr. That was a really impactful portion of the trip.

Cristobal made it very clear that this program will give everything it can to give the student-athletes the best possible experience, from an investment in sports psychology, to a top nutrition program, to the locker rooms, to upgrade across the football facility. It seems like it's only a matter of time before Coral Gables matches up with the top programs in America when it comes to things made to improve and benefit the student-athletes at Miami.

- The source, while showing tons of respect to Manny Diaz and other UM staffers for the job they did here, says there is a clear difference in the way the program will operate under Mario Cristobal. You can see that he's a pure football guy, no-nonsense type, and makes it abundantly clear that he's going to demand a ton from these players. Cristobal also made it known that he would feel 'disingenuous' to ask that of his players and not do it himself. It's obvious how hard Cristobal is going to work to make this program run at the standard that he expects, and that begins with the process of talent acquisition. Cristobal plans to attack that every day and takes recruiting extremely seriously. The source fully believes he is going to get things going at Miami and that the idea of that makes other major college football programs around the country nervous.

They said multiple people at schools you could see any given Saturday on ESPN's College Gameday have reached out wondering about what Cristobal is doing down here because there is a legitimate worry that if Miami gets rolling it could really impact them. There are major programs that do not want to see Miami succeed because they know what that means for the sport.

- On the recruiting front, the source indicated that he believes Miami has only helped themselves with uncommitted guys like Nyjalik Kelly, Jaleel Skinner, and Kevin Coleman. It appears as though everybody is thoroughly enjoying themselves and that there appears to be legitimate interest. I don't think it's far-fetched to assume that this weekend may have sealed the deal for a guy like Kelly. Not saying that's done, but have to feel good about it at this point.

With Skinner, it seems like he's really enjoyed himself as well. I'm not going to predict a flip right now or anything like that, but I would not be super shocked if he left Miami this weekend thinking much harder about this final decision.

There were also rumors floating out there that Coleman didn't come with family and I don't believe that to be true. The source couldn't confirm that Coleman's father is there, but they met a person who introduced themselves with the last name Coleman in his camp. I guess it could be a relative of some sort but I would bet that his father is with him on this visit. There is reason to feel good about how this weekend is impacting that recruitment as well based on my conversation. They have a lot of respect for Cristobal and, again, the source feels like there is a consensus buy-in on the vision.

Does that mean everyone here is coming? Maybe not. But there is reason to feel hopeful that Miami has done its part this weekend.

- Another factor to consider is the quality of athletes in the 305 this weekend. Every guy on the official visit is a blue-chip prospect. I don't of a time that's been a reality at Miami. The guys look to their left and to their right and see a potential big-time college player. There are eight Top247 talents in the room at all times. I believe this was a great opportunity for Cristobal to sell his vision of the program and how much this school is going to give to these athletes with the understanding that if this group came in together, they could change the course of Miami football. And there is reason to believe, again, that Cristobal absolutely nailed his opportunity to address the guys both individually and as a whole.

- Cristobal also laid out the vision for the offense and there is reason to believe names being linked to Miami are legitimate. I wasn't directly told Joe Brady or Kendall Briles, but they hinted that names discussed were 'names you've reported on.' There is mutual interest. It's more likely that final decisions aren't announced or even completed until after the Early Signing Period. The number one priority is for Cristobal to get through Wednesday and then turn towards the current staff and give them a chance to sell themselves to the new Hurricanes head man.
Thanks. I was being sarcastic as all get out. This thread was merged with another one.

Advertisement

As all the Bama recruits say…. Ballers want to play with ballers.

Can’t be trying to get a 5 star when they come on a visit and see a bunch of jags.

Time recruit at the top of the food chain and same when we bring in portal kids.

Advertisement
Looks like the gimmicks are gone. Maybe he even takes the U off their helmets and makes them earn it in practice.
Looks that way. I would be ok if he kept them for these visit photo shoots exclusively. But not use them in games. I don’t think he is gonna completely retire them tho. He’s gonna keep them locked away until we play in a playoff or championship game where it will make a surprise appearance (even the players won’t know) that we’ll all love (including the entire nation). Then he should announce that the chains only come out during playoff appearances. Ditch the rings for good 🗑

Advertisement
Looks that way. I would be ok if he kept them for these visit photo shoots exclusively. But not use them in games. I don’t think he is gonna completely retire them tho. He’s gonna keep them locked away until we play in a playoff or championship game where it will make a surprise appearance (even the players won’t know) that we’ll all love (including the entire nation). Then he should announce that the chains only come out during playoff appearances. Ditch the rings for good 🗑

I like that idea. Rings completely gone in the trash. Chains maybe on visits or just on display and then surprise break them out during some massive game out of nowhere.

As all the Bama recruits say…. Ballers want to play with ballers.

Can’t be trying to get a 5 star when they come on a visit and see a bunch of jags.

savages play with savages.. I remember Jeudy tweeting that right when he commited to Bama.
Time recruit at the top of the food chain and same when we bring in portal kids.

Advertisement
Back