Official Visit Weekend #3 June 18-20th

View attachment 148042

I know it's LSU but I thought it was interesting to see them lined up next to one another

From the left: Nyjalik Kelly, DeMario Tolan, Kamari Wilson, Chris Graves, Azareyah Thomas

Crazy how many of the same kids Miami and LSU are after. ... In fact, it's kind of crazy how many of our top targets are also talking to Bama, Georgia and UF (good luck with the Mullet). We're going head to head with the SEC schools hard this year.

Advertisement
Crazy how many of the same kids Miami and LSU are after. ... In fact, it's kind of crazy how many of our top targets are also talking to Bama, Georgia and UF (good luck with the Mullet). We're going head to head with the SEC schools hard this year.
And that's why Manny brought in the staff he did to compete with the seeec.. We gotta go hard or go home this class.. and Manny is doing just that. Fight fight until they sign..

Its a step in the right direction for sure but we're not seriously battling with these schools just yet. For example, our top targets are plan B or C for them. Hopefully winning and continuing to add to the staff will elevate us into that next realm of recruiting.

Advertisement
Who else is excited about another weekend of recruits saying they had a great time and love it here but don't commit.

The month of June was supposed to be the start of us getting commits and so far nothing. Everything seems good but I want to see some results.

Advertisement
Who else is excited about another weekend of recruits saying they had a great time and love it here but don't commit.

The month of June was supposed to be the start of us getting commits and so far nothing. Everything seems good but I want to see some results.
16 months of no visits makes sense not to push for a premature commitment. Once the new dead period begins in July the staff will have more leverage to push for commits considering most prospects will have had 3 or 4 OV's with a couple unofficials too. I wanna see some action & news too but tbh I got tired of being decommit U.

Advertisement
Honestly this D might improve dramatically if it switched to more of a hybrid front like NE or the Fins play. That way the focus is just taking the best athletes and creating mismatches on a week to week basis. @Coach Macho what do you think brotha?
For years I've been thinking that we aren't multiple enough. I run 6 different fronts, 7 different coverages and at least 4 different personnel groupings... and we're just a high school team. There's no reason why the University of Miami should always be lining up in the same fronts and same coverages versus every opponent.

There's many new and innovative fronts and coverages in the college football world, and I see Miami use NONE of them. We are very stubborn and stuck to certain schemes. Up front we are dead-set on being an upfield 4-front. Meanwhile I've watched our offense play against traditional 4-front defenses that used the Odd Tite front against us to stop inside zone and the zone/read. (Clemson for example)

There are teams all over the college football world that run man/zone combo coverages ("special" is one of them for example) yet at Miami we generally only run zone or man, no combos. And our zones leave areas wide open because we don't play a "match" version...so if we want tight coverage and contested throws we have no choice but to go 'man'.
(I could be wrong, I don't review all of our film, but that's what I've personally seen)

Kinda makes you wonder about that anonymous quote from a fellow ACC coach about Manny thinking he's the smartest guy in the room. Generally those type of guys are stubborn and stuck to their ways, never innovative or embracing new ideas.

I will say this though, some of the blitz schemes that we've drawn up over the years have been ****, but then we overuse them versus too many different opponents so they become predictable. But IMO we leave a lot to be desired in our coverage schemes.

Advertisement

I am... I like the approach they're taking. We have really solid recruiters on the staff now. No more pushing for kids to commit early only to decommit later.

Also the list of recruits is impressive and we just found out a 5* committed elsewhere snuck onto campus for a UOV.

I am... I like the approach they're taking. We have really solid recruiters on the staff now. No more pushing for kids to commit early only to decommit later.

Also the list of recruits is impressive and we just found out a 5* committed elsewhere snuck onto campus for a UOV.
Did I miss the 5*? Who is on campus?

NM - realized you were talking about Singletary. I was thinking someone showed up this weekend.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back