Official Visit Weekend #3 June 18-20th

Advertisement
1624048082169.png

I know it's LSU but I thought it was interesting to see them lined up next to one another

From the left: Nyjalik Kelly, DeMario Tolan, Kamari Wilson, Chris Graves, Azareyah Thomas

Back in the late '80's I used to hear from friends down in Miami who were close to the program that our recruiting reached the stage where we were "selecting" not just recruiting. We had so many quality kids interested that we could, to some extent, pick and choose.

It sounds like we might be entering that situation again. I hope so. It's amazing to think we are recruiting but might not take some vry good prospects who will end up at the major powers, like Bama and Clemson.

On the other hand, I also remember how hard it was to recruit some quality legacies. Andre Carter is one that comes to mind. We got Anthoy Chickillo, but we lost on others. Remember that all world safety from New Jersey (The Hun School, I think) whose father attended UM but didn't play football.We lost the kid to FSU but he really didn't become that great a baller. Ended up as a brilliant student and went to med school. Still, we couldn't persuade him to come to Miami. We also didn't get that DE from Indiana whose father was a walkon. A Greek kid, ended up Purdue.

Back in the late '80's I used to hear from friends down in Miami who were close to the program that our recruiting reached the stage where we were "selecting" not just recruiting. We had so many quality kids interested that we could, to some extent, pick and choose.

It sounds like we might be entering that situation again. I hope so. It's amazing to think we are recruiting but might not take some vry good prospects who will end up at the major powers, like Bama and Clemson.

On the other hand, I also remember how hard it was to recruit some quality legacies. Andre Carter is one that comes to mind. We got Anthoy Chickillo, but we lost on others. Remember that all world safety from New Jersey (The Hun School, I think) whose father attended UM but didn't play football.We lost the kid to FSU but he really didn't become that great a baller. Ended up as a brilliant student and went to med school. Still, we couldn't persuade him to come to Miami. We also didn't get that DE from Indiana whose father was a walkon. A Greek kid, ended up Purdue.
The Purdue DE is Pre Season AA

Advertisement
Advertisement
Just took a shot with the company owners to end the day as way of celebrating our 4 millionth gallon sold. Tequila has a funny way of making me drink a lot more after I take a shot of it.
Mezcal and tequila both do that to me as well. Usually takes me a full week to recover now after indulging too much into either one of those wonderful spirits.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Didn't we do something like that when we moved Rousseau inside on passing downs? I don't watch much pro so I'm not sure what they do (NE and Dolphins.
Similar but the idea would be permanently moving around majority of the bodies. You still need the traditional 1-tech and a speed rusher but if we’re going to recruit guys as athletic as LT, Shemar, and Anthony Lucas where they can play DT and DE then play mismatch football.

Funny looking at all those kids throwing up an “L”. My kids do that to others to tease them. Is Coach O that clueless to it meaning Loser? Or does every team have to rip something off of the U? Chains with Os, backpacks, it’s all the same rip off job. I hope the kids could see it even more. We can’t be duplicated, only followed. Go Canes!

Advertisement
Back