Official Visit Weekend #3 June 18-20th

My first time seeing Thomas on tape, got ****.
Holy ****, me too! Maybe it's the number (same HS #) but he looks like a more athletic Frierson. Long arms, good frame, versatile. Haven't heard much about him being linked to us but that might change after this weekend.

Advertisement
Yeah Thomas looks like a “must get” type of player. Looks equally well on both sides of the ball too, are we pushing him as a Striker role?
I think we're looking at him for striker. He's perfect for it. Can play in space & come downhill in run support or via blitz. If that weren't enough has excellent ball skills with a good frame. Sign me up.

Advertisement
From Mansell this morning: - Nashville (Tenn.) Hillsboro offensive tackle Jacob Hood had a "great" official visit to Georgia. The 6-foot-8, 350-pound prospect has named a top five of Georgia, Auburn, Miami, Mississippi State, and Ole Miss. Right now, I am told Miami is the biggest competition for Georgia and he will be there June 25 for his third official visit. That is likely going to be his final visit with a decision probably coming in August
Man **** Georgia, gotta beat those clowns

These summer ov’s are so weird. I get it with covid these kids waited a long time to start the recruiting process. After these visits we are at about 28 visits which is more than half of what we are allowed. Obviously not going to be a lot of fall ov’s. Glad this is going to be a small class.

Couple things with this. I understand completely the initial thought of this being kinda strange, but...

1. These kids haven't been able to travel in forever. So it's nothing but phone calls, zooms, emails, texts, etc. And coaches telling kids, "We can't wait to see you, can't wait for you to visit, etc". When June 1 was set as the free-for-all, the floodgates were opened.

2. With Covid limiting the season and camps in a lot of spots last year, kids are more eager to get in front of coaches to claim spots. A lot of these kids didn't even play football last year. Nobody has measured them, weighed them, ****, even SEEN them, in months and months. They want to get themselves out there.

3. It's the Portal Era. Miami is not the only school taking a small class to hold spots for transfers. HS kids know this, so the timeline is moved up even more.

4. With ESD, this was inevitable. The timelines are moved further and further to the left every year. This will continue.

From Mansell this morning: - Nashville (Tenn.) Hillsboro offensive tackle Jacob Hood had a "great" official visit to Georgia. The 6-foot-8, 350-pound prospect has named a top five of Georgia, Auburn, Miami, Mississippi State, and Ole Miss. Right now, I am told Miami is the biggest competition for Georgia and he will be there June 25 for his third official visit. That is likely going to be his final visit with a decision probably coming in August
Good Lord, 18 years old and 6'8" and 350 lbs? That shouldn't be possible.

Advertisement
These summer ov’s are so weird. I get it with covid these kids waited a long time to start the recruiting process. After these visits we are at about 28 visits which is more than half of what we are allowed. Obviously not going to be a lot of fall ov’s. Glad this is going to be a small class.

You also have to take into account the rise in the number of kids who sign LOIs in December. When you factor in HS playoff schedules and college games that matter in November/December, you simply will not see massive visit weekends during the fall semester. You'll still get some kids to visit here and there in October/Novemberr, but the fall is going to be big for coaches doing in-home visits, not hosting large recruiting weekends.

Advertisement
Gonna be honest, didn’t think Hood was a legit option for us. Would be real, real, REAL nice to win this one but if he is a legit take for UGA, I don’t see him leaving SEC country. Lets hope to blow him away for paradise weekend and hopefully he sees his pathway to PT is much smoother here than where they have 5* OL sitting on the bench in Athens.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back