2023 Official Visit Weekend #1

Huge.

Alinen’s Miami official visit may be over, but he nor his family plan to leave South Florida. The Alinen’s plan to stick around until Friday with mom and dad in down from Finland ahead of the next official visit up in Tuscaloosa next weekend

Advertisement
Huge.

Alinen’s Miami official visit may be over, but he nor his family plan to leave South Florida. The Alinen’s plan to stick around until Friday with mom and dad in down from Finland ahead of the next official visit up in Tuscaloosa next weekend
I didn’t want to say it but people from his country vacation here all the time! He’s going to be living where his countrymen vacation and he’s probably going to be the most comfortable in a city like Miami. Consider me not surprised.

I didn’t want to say it but people from his country vacation here all the time! He’s going to be living where his countrymen vacation and he’s probably going to be the most comfortable in a city like Miami. Consider me not surprised.
Not sure if most comfortable in a city but it makes sense for them to stay the week. Miami to Europeans is like us going to Barcelona. It’s an international destination with weather, beaches, music, art and food. Being from Finland they maybe more comfortable with country, it’s a large country with only 5.5 million in it.

Huge.

I’d assume he comes back to campus and visit while in town? I think OSU is the biggest threat.

Advertisement
Not sure if most comfortable in a city but it makes sense for them to stay the week. Miami to Europeans is like us going to Barcelona. It’s an international destination with weather, beaches, music, art and food. Being from Finland they maybe more comfortable with country, it’s a large country with only 5.5 million in it.
Finland is kinda like the eastern part of Canada--- it's sparsely populated other than the major towns.

If the family is from near Helsinki, I'll be surprised if our Miami location is not a huge plus for us.

Wisconsin might have an advantage if they prefer to freeze their asses off and are from the (or north of) polar circle (Lapland).

Last edited:
The people from the country in other countries like the Cities. We see it on TV all the time. And also they are more likely to meet people that are familiar with their country and other neighboring countries as well. Its way more comfortable than going to an american small town.

The people from the country in other countries like the Cities. We see it on TV all the time. And also they are more likely to meet people that are familiar with their country and other neighboring countries as well. Its way more comfortable than going to an american small town.
I agree with your middle statement but not really with your first statement. Different strokes and all… my experience and I was born in Europe and have family in Europe, country folk like the country.

Last edited:
Advertisement
And super diverse… 😏

They're from Finland.

Cut the crap, everyone knows that Helsinki is in Sweden. I learned that from a movie...

1655069664462.png

Hasn’t Alinen been playing HS football in Connecticut? I think we have a QB from there….
His high school is loaded! Loomis has committed to football. Their Tight End Carver is a stud. It’s refreshing to see Miami in Jersey, CT, and Mass. you can find kid’s up here now with kids bolting high school ball for prep ball. My boy Bo played at UNH his son Cole is a QB heading into his sophomore year this coming season. Plays at Deerfield in Mass. kid just landed a Virginia Tech offer last week. He will be a name to pay attention to in years to come.

Advertisement
His high school is loaded! Loomis has committed to football. Their Tight End Carver is a stud. It’s refreshing to see Miami in Jersey, CT, and Mass. you can find kid’s up here now with kids bolting high school ball for prep ball. My boy Bo played at UNH his son Cole is a QB heading into his sophomore year this coming season. Plays at Deerfield in Mass. kid just landed a Virginia Tech offer last week. He will be a name to pay attention to in years to come.
Kid out of my alma mater Shrewsbury High School in MA named Cooper Ackerman is starting to get some looks as well. Believe Pitt and Rutgers have been in contact so far and BC is going to offer soon as well. He’s going into his JR year and plays OLB/DE and TE. Think his money spot will be TE at the next level depending on how much growth he does.Was playing at a legit 6’4 225 this year. Good IQ, big motor, and loves to hit. Pretty cool seeing a kid from my hometown get some D1 looks. Been a while since that’s happened.

Kid out of my alma mater Shrewsbury High School in MA named Cooper Ackerman is starting to get some looks as well. Believe Pitt and Rutgers have been in contact so far and BC is going to offer soon as well. He’s going into his JR year and plays OLB/DE and TE. Think his money spot will be TE at the next level depending on how much growth he does.Was playing at a legit 6’4 225 this year. Good IQ, big motor, and loves to hit. Pretty cool seeing a kid from my hometown get some D1 looks. Been a while since that’s happened.
One of my best friends played for Walpole! I know the area well! I knew alot of kids that played at Xavarian Brothers ( big steroid school) good stuff appreciate the post!

Advertisement
Back