Visits Official & Unofficial Visitors June 19-26, 2023

Yeah strange someone would need that explained to them

When someone goes out of their way to make you feel good and a priority, it doesn’t matter how many hotels you stay at or what you’ve seen, it always feels good

In the space I’m in with all the technology and advances we have, it’s always the hand written notes that people respond to. Doesn’t have anything to do with the “what” it’s more the sentiment behind it
It’s also just the excitement and miami is still the u. It’s a big deal for these kids. When I was doing my ov’s back in the day to 1AA schools (now fcs) it was a big deal for me and University of Rhode Island put me in a holiday inn and I felt like I was in the ritz. It’s all perspective. Not everyone grows up staying in 5 star hotels or even 3 star hotels. Some never get to stay in an environment that’s clean.

They are 17 years old. I know I was grateful my flight was paid and my food was taken care of.

Advertisement
I agree with you that based on what we have the portal is the best route but it is risky and it underlines my frustrations there. We have dropped the ball QB recruiting wise. Whether you believe in JB or not the reality is that he was a project, Emory is a project and now Judd is a project. We need to do a better job recruiting QBs. Judd is so raw, his footwork is garbage and his stats are pedestrian. Not sure who we flip or find but we need to do better at QB recruiting and I’m not asking for the world here. If TVD is gone which he probably is after this year we are in a bad spot and nobody to blame but ourselves. JB looked horrible in the spring game and didn’t look good in 22, sure he has time but a roster that otherwise should be pretty **** good in 24 might get clipped before it takes off because of bad QB recruiting.
No one on staff views Emory as a project. Not sure where you’re getting that from.

Having room to grow does not mean project.

Advertisement
Regardless if we take Judd and a second hs qb we will need to grab a portal qb unless jaccuri puts it all together.

Don’t sleep on Williams though
We will have to unless Williams is ready. I’m just saying that you don’t want to be in a position to rely on the portal like that. Lastly I do believe Williams is a project as he needs acclamation to a faster game, his comp at Milton was awful. That all said he is my favorite of the three we have after TVD if you count Judd.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I know nothing more than y’all but the staff seemed noticeably quiet on social media this weekend. Hopefully things get rolling here next week or two.
Yea. Like really quiet. No tweets or pics of anything. Not much from the kids either. Jones talked about how great it was at Mario’s house last night yet not a shred of social media from any one.

Advertisement

Excited Come On GIF by Jomboy Media

Advertisement
Back