Visits Official & Unofficial Visitors June 19-26, 2023

Advertisement
Not sure "project" is the word for Emory. From all comments he has looked very very good throwing the ball ... accuracy and can make all of the throws. Also have been comments that he has excellent vision ... sees the field and makes good decisions. That doesn't sound like "project" ... just a kid who will be QB#2 this season, and will hopefully get plenty of live fire reps in mop up to take that next step. Experience / seasoning is what it takes for a HS QB to take that next step. He could very well be ready and be the guy to start in August 2024 in The Swamp.

Not sure "project" is the word for Emory. From all comments he has looked very very good throwing the ball ... accuracy and can make all of the throws. Also have been comments that he has excellent vision ... sees the field and makes good decisions. That doesn't sound like "project" ... just a kid who will be QB#2 this season, and will hopefully get plenty of live fire reps in mop up to take that next step. Experience / seasoning is what it takes for a HS QB to take that next step. He could very well be ready and be the guy to start in August 2024 in The Swamp.
I agree. Emory is not a project.

I think Williams looks more polished than Brown, but Brown has the highest physical traits. Williams was grossly underrated by the ranking services. His Elite 11 performance was proof.

I'd like to see both Brown and Williams as the #2 QB this season. This way they could both get snaps and redshirt. So that's 5 games neither would play in. I would be strategic about which games they play and make sure to leave reps for the bowl game.

You never know. Dorsey was a 3 star ... was a hungry kid that hated losing and did a great job. And yes ... he was surrounded by one of the best D1 rosters ever assembled.
The 3-star is just a label that recruiting service place on these young men. It doesn't mean jack. Emory made it to the Elite 11 Finals. That speaks for itself that he's not a 3-star. He also performed well over higher ranked kids including Rashada.

The 3-star is just a label that recruiting service place on these young men. It doesn't mean jack. Emory made it to the Elite 11 Finals. That speaks for itself that he's not a 3-star. He also performed well over higher ranked kids including Rashada.
I dont know about all that but I do believe that freaking out about a players ranking in the summer is pointless unless its a complete enigma. They still have their senior years to play. Many kids will emerge and many will be found to be maxed out by the time December/January rolls around.

Advertisement
I guess quiet isn't necessarily bad. The elite have a spot just about anywhere at any time. So all bets are off there, but for the majority not putting your recruitment on blast could be a good way of finding out who really wants you. Kids do social media for so many reasons and a big benefit is to market themselves. If your visit goes well and the NIL's good, keeping quiet is a good way for all parties to find out who's genuine. Or maybe nothing's goin'on😅.

I guess quiet isn't necessarily bad. The elite have a spot just about anywhere at any time. So all bets are off there, but for the majority not putting your recruitment on blast could be a good way of finding out who really wants you. Kids do social media for so many reasons and a big benefit is to market themselves. If your visit goes well and the NIL's good, keeping quiet is a good way for all parties to find out who's genuine. Or maybe nothing's goin'on😅.
If you didn't think Mario wanted to keep things quiet before the second rivals leaked that mack commitment graphic I figured the rest of the weekend would be complete silence.

Advertisement
I dont know about all that but I do believe that freaking out about a players ranking in the summer is pointless unless its a complete enigma. They still have their senior years to play. Many kids will emerge and many will be found to be maxed out by the time December/January rolls around.
Yes, and at least a year of development at the college level before becoming the starter.

Staff Tweets tons of stuff:

“Omg these tweets are so corny! Just shut up until there’s something to say!!”

Staff doesn’t tweet:

“I’m scared.”

Happy Feel Good GIF

Advertisement
Im not judging JB off 1 spring game. I trust other people like D$ who seen him the entire spring. Also a spring game where he cant use his best attribute. So no.

Also Emory is not a project. He was simply lowly ranked by recruiting services. Is no way u can watch man film and say he is a project.

As for Judd i will watch his Senior film. I seen elite throws on his film better throws than alot of higher ranked players.

And finally if Dawson can get Thune drafted, i would trust him with all these guys u calling projects including Judd.

Philadelphia 76Ers Basketball GIF

He is a project because he needs to catch up to the pace of the college game and doesn’t have elite tools. He ideas would need multiple years before he was ready to start. Unfortunately as you stated, I think he gets thrown into the fire next year. Hopefully he will be up to the test because if he is we should be a very good team in 24.
He has elite accuracy.

Advertisement
It really is a lose lose situation. Last weekend it was the staff tweets to much, we need to operate in silence, that tweet better not be for a 3 star.
I’m just kinda poking fun at the situation

I get it people are excited. **** this past year or so has definitely been the most excitement we’ve had recruiting in a long time

People just gotta chill a bit and think happy Bob Ross petting a fawn thoughts

100%

He can bring that energy at another position, because he hasn't been a reliable passer.
We will see how that goes. No one was a reliable passer in Gattis’ offense

JB was already a bit raw there and he’s learning a new offense again so makes sense it would take time so I tend to take the spring game talk with a grain of salt

Not sure how it plays out but yeah I want kids like this on my team. Dawson should be a good fit for him as well

Advertisement
Back