Visits Official & Unofficial Visitors June 19-26, 2023

I don't mind waiting..... What I mind is waiting while everyone else is getting recruits to commit.

Buuuuuuut I understand how Mario works and I prefer it that way. Still gotta shake the Manny's hot summer vibe off of me a lil lol
You know what weirdly bothers me even more? That we have way too many 2025 threads on the first couple of pages when we haven’t even gotten going with 2024.

I know it’s silly to think this way and I’m joking around but man I want to see info on this year’s class, not next. That’s how tight Mario has things? That we’ve got nothing to talk about except 2025’s 😂

Advertisement
Mario definitely takes the recruiting personally. One reason he’s so good at it

I don’t have blind faith in the guy but when it comes to recruiting if we are feeling some type of way, I bet he’s about 100x us

He’s not a beta type to sit back and let UiF and FSU make him look bad
I totally agree.

You know what weirdly bothers me even more? That we have way too many 2025 threads on the first couple of pages when we haven’t even gotten going with 2024.

I know it’s silly to think this way and I’m joking around but man I want to see info on this year’s class, not next. That’s how tight Mario has things? That we’ve got nothing to talk about except 2025’s 😂
Lmao I really wanted to express how much that irritates me as well but I just decided to not say anything

Advertisement
Advertisement
So the only communication in a dead period is player reaching out to coaches? I thought it was just no visits didn’t know coaches couldn’t reach out. If anyone knows how this works it’s you

The key is the in-person contact.

It's why the BBQ is happening after the dead period ends.

Dead period feels like somewhat of a formality these days given the way people communicate

It's actually somewhat more important now, because of the rise of unofficials. So "no secret visitors", etc. over the next month.

Also hard for coaches/schools to coordinate NIL counteroffers, which is largely handled on UVs.

He's wrong for once. Dead period is no in person contact.

Not wrong, just poorly worded. The "fight back" I'm talking about largely involves NIL. I know we have already countered with one particular well-known recruit, so if you can't UV for a month, it limits the back-and-forth on NIL matching and counteroffering.

There was "fight back" from Florida with Aldarius, and "fight back" from Miami on Chance. Because those guys are publicly committed.

You can stay in contact with recruits, but the substance will be more limited this month. This is why schools will be trying to get guys back for events at the end of July, to "touch bases" and see if there is anything they can do after a month to keep things on track or get things back on track.

I realize what Mario is doing here. I'm not 100% in agreement, but I understand.

Advertisement

Some posters want the next big thing before they get the next big thing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back