Official State Penn job as it relates to Golden Thread

Would You Be Upset If Al Left For Pedo State?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Advertisement
LOL oh man I love this place.

Yeah Butch, Chud, Orgeron, Coley, Cristobal, Dorsey, the whole gang is coming together. Going to be like a F8cking Voltron Reunion. til you all wake up with your d8cks in your hands to watch James introduce the coach from Northern Illinois, or Cristobal as your new HC.

In my opinion, he wants the job and if offered he would accept in a heartbeat. If he really wanted to stay or there was at least that possibility, he would make a statement because the recruits are starting to look around. And I don't blame them.

I have no idea if he's leaving is a good or bad thing. But certainly short-term, it's not good.

@HNYNUT_BERRIOS 1m

I'll be mad, let's put it that way

Cot **** if that kids bolts, its going to be a blood bath. Valentine and Kaaya are probably gonzo. Chad Thomas has said he will be looking, if Coley goes, Yearby is gone. Class is going to totally implode.

Dude, you are total debbie downer. This happens every time there is a coaching change. Some recruits will be lost, some recruits will moan and whine and will be put to ease once a new coach comes in.

Because this was my worst nightmare. Him leaving NOW with this class on tap. This was the class that could have put us back in the game. Valentine, Kaaya, Yearby, that OL class, Chad Thomas, Hester, Jenkins, man it was SICK. That was our future. If it comes apart, we are going to be PRAYING for 8-4 seasons under whoever the new nobody coach is going to be. You know as well as I do we are not getting any "A list" top coach in here.

This is going to be starting ALL over again. F8cking back to square one. This is a DISASTER that this happened THIS year. IMHO.

Advertisement
In addition, if the modern day equivalent of Dennis came here in 2014 he'd win no titles. Why? Bc the program isn't built yet. He'd have no program to ride with his innovative scheme. That's why I don't consider him or his ilk as an appropriate hire.

Follow the rules, follow the wins.

How does Dan Mullin "pass" your rules?

He was a coordinator at a major program under an elite coach, then went to MSU and has done a solid job. Following along? See how this whole thing works? It's really quite easy once you get the hang of it.

Kayaa will go to UCLA. If Coley goes than Yearby is gone. Valentine will be at LSU, Jenkins and Hester will be at Penn State, Goyat will go Louisville. That is my safe guesses the rest. I am not sure but Chad Thomas said he would look around if golden left. If he leaves that probably means we will lose Bethel maybe Jackson. I am sure players would were committed to other schools like Moten and Brady would reconsider.

That's all speculative.

If we hired Petrino, Kaaya would be a fool not to learn from an offensive guru like Petrino.

And Penn State still has two years of bowl bans and scholarship sanctions. It's not a lock that studs like Jenkins and Hester would want to follow him there and be part of a rebuild. Gayot is not a back-breaking loss. Valentine and Thomas can be salvaged, as well as many other players.

You hire someone like Petrino, and I bet he holds the class together.

David Jones ‏@djoneshoop I do know that there is intense interest in @GoldenAl. #PSU job might be offered in future but just got a firm NO, not yet.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Anybody upset about this just because of a couple recruits leaving is a ****ing moron.

We are upset that we are rebuilding yet again. If you think Golden is a terrible coach, fine your opinion. But we are a more talented team now than we he took over. We would be a more talented team next year if stayed. In 2 years if he kept recruiting like this year, we would either be a talented team that could not win big games (like Clemson), a talented team that underachieved that is looking for a new coach (like Auburn last year) or Al would have figured things out.

All of those sound better to me than going through another rebuilding project which means we have to wait another 4 to 5 years before we are relevant again.

Last edited:
@HNYNUT_BERRIOS 1m

I'll be mad, let's put it that way

Cot **** if that kids bolts, its going to be a blood bath. Valentine and Kaaya are probably gonzo. Chad Thomas has said he will be looking, if Coley goes, Yearby is gone. Class is going to totally implode.

Dude, you are total debbie downer. This happens every time there is a coaching change. Some recruits will be lost, some recruits will moan and whine and will be put to ease once a new coach comes in.

Because this was my worst nightmare. Him leaving NOW with this class on tap. This was the class that could have put us back in the game. Valentine, Kaaya, Yearby, that OL class, Chad Thomas, Hester, Jenkins, man it was SICK. That was our future. If it comes apart, we are going to be PRAYING for 8-4 seasons under whoever the new nobody coach is going to be. You know as well as I do we are not getting any "A list" top coach in here.

This is going to be starting ALL over again. F8cking back to square one. This is a DISASTER that this happened THIS year. IMHO.

I can see Valentine leaving but he was shaky from the get go, despite his quotes.

Yearby will stay and so will most of the others - guaranteed. Kayaa is a wild card but I think if a strong offensive guy gets brought in and perhaps Coley is retained, Kayaa will stay.

Kayaa will go to UCLA. If Coley goes than Yearby is gone. Valentine will be at LSU, Jenkins and Hester will be at Penn State, Goyat will go Louisville. That is my safe guesses the rest. I am not sure but Chad Thomas said he would look around if golden left. If he leaves that probably means we will lose Bethel maybe Jackson. I am sure players would were committed to other schools like Moten and Brady would reconsider.

That's all speculative.

If we hired Petrino, Kaaya would be a fool not to learn from an offensive guru like Petrino.

And Penn State still has two years of bowl bans and scholarship sanctions. It's not a lock that studs like Jenkins and Hester would want to follow him there and be part of a rebuild. Gayot is not a back-breaking loss. Valentine and Thomas can be salvaged, as well as many other players.

You hire someone like Petrino, and I bet he holds the class together.

You been around a long time dawg. Come on mane. LOL. Petrino? You think for ONE second this program is going to hire Bobby Petrino? This is a DISASTER. Go ahead and just call me Chicken Little now, because I think the motherf8cking roof is about to cave in on our heads.

Advertisement
All I know is whoever we bring in to replace Golden would do good to put someone like "Ice" Harris on his staff at some capacity.

Why did this not help Shannon? Serious question.

Because Shannon is a fool... Nothing would've helped him.

Clearly Ice can coach. He runs that BTW team like a phuckin boss and obviously he has connections locally.

Have you ever heard the guy speak? Plus...he's ancient.

Last edited:
Valentine is here b/c of Hurlie. Hurlie ain't following that turncoat up to Rapesville.

Kaaya and Yearby are here b/c of Coley, who took this job bc he wanted to call plays and is back home. I highly highly doubt he goes to Rapesville.

Keep Barrow, Coley, and Hurlie and most of the class will stick, ESPECIALLY if we get A REAL COACH for the first time in 20 years.

Advertisement
Back