Soccer Official soccer/futbol thread (Europe/USA).

Bender

Premium
Decided to open this thread cause why the **** not. Miami has a soccer team and people all over the world love the sport.

General discussions are welcomed.

world cup football GIF

Advertisement
I’ll kick things off. The USMNT has looked better the last few years. I don’t care for Berhalter but I do think our midfield talent is much better (and the wingers) so we have a hope to possess the ball. Makes the games much more watchable

Advertisement
Klopp should be punished for suggesting that fans without tickets should have traveled to Paris for the champions league final.
He is partially responsible for the chaos with legitimately ticketed fans not getting in.
Liverpool fans in general have history of "bunking" into games. Last season UEFA claimed they have the worst behaved fans.
Liverpool and their gob****e fans should be permanently banned from any European competitions and they should be demoted to level 7 of English football.

For clarity I have zero personal bias against the red ****e. Remember KAGS.

Advertisement
You'd be surprised how well equipped the US is in terms of soccer compared to some countries.

What you lack imo is a clear philosophy.
Well equipped in terms of facilities etc for sure. The problem is as a sport it's lucky to be the 4th or 5th choice for the best American athletes. No matter how much the media wants to tell people every few years that Americans now care about soccer, they still essentially don't. It's grown in popularity for sure but still doesn't attract the top athletes here compared to other sports. No kid in the US with the ability to be a football or basketball star is saying "Yu know what? I think I'll try soccer instead."

Well equipped in terms of facilities etc for sure. The problem is as a sport it's lucky to be the 4th or 5th choice for the best American athletes. No matter how much the media wants to tell people every few years that Americans now care about soccer, they still essentially don't. It's grown in popularity for sure but still doesn't attract the top athletes here compared to other sports. No kid in the US with the ability to be a football or basketball star is saying "Yu know what? I think I'll try soccer instead."
The problem is also coaching from the youth up. I watch NCAA soccer every now and then and the level is **** poor.

Advertisement
The problem is also coaching from the youth up. I watch NCAA soccer every now and then and the level is **** poor.
I think the MLS academies are really helping with this. It seems like the talented guys coming through those are generally being bought by European clubs pretty early on in their careers. The guys going to play college soccer will probably have it look more semi-pro as a skill level.

What in the f^cking world happened to my club.

Old Trafford is going to be bonkers next week, my word I hope the Glazers and board continue to be spat on in the public eye.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back