Official Season Predictions

7-5

Biggest thing I want to see is the team get better as the season goes on. To me this season is just one big opening act for next season which I feel could/should represent our first decent to good season (8 or 9 wins) we've seen in a while. Give me hope for the future dammit.

Advertisement
I'm going 8-4 this year. Feel like we are better than last year and will win some of the close games.

6-6. 7-5 if we catch a break.

Depth and inexperience rear their ugly head. I don't think people understand how much production we lost of last years team, which was 6-6 themselves. We're going to live.. and die by underclassmen, and that has a cost.

Repped

For those of you predicting 8+ wins, who are the guys that are going to make the plays to get us to there?

Our two best players for 2012 (IMHO) are true sophomores on D who aren't even near their potential yet. This team is really lacking playmakers, depth, and experience. I can't help but call it as I see it. We're really feeling Shannon's ****** recruiting right now.

Perryman was easily our 2nd best LB last year, and Chickillo was arguably our best DE (and maybe D-lineman period), so how are we worse off on that side of the ball?

I don't think we're going to be good on defense, but I definitely think we'll be better.

Because you just named the only two guys on the team that have done anything noteworthy on the defensive side of the ball.

6-6. 7-5 if we catch a break.

Depth and inexperience rear their ugly head. I don't think people understand how much production we lost of last years team, which was 6-6 themselves. We're going to live.. and die by underclassmen, and that has a cost.

Repped

For those of you predicting 8+ wins, who are the guys that are going to make the plays to get us to there?

Our two best players for 2012 (IMHO) are true sophomores on D who aren't even near their potential yet. This team is really lacking playmakers, depth, and experience. I can't help but call it as I see it. We're really feeling Shannon's ****** recruiting right now.

Perryman was easily our 2nd best LB last year, and Chickillo was arguably our best DE (and maybe D-lineman period), so how are we worse off on that side of the ball?

I don't think we're going to be good on defense, but I definitely think we'll be better.

Because you just named the only two guys on the team that have done anything noteworthy on the defensive side of the ball.

But how does that equate to us being WORSE?

if the team and players have improved at the end of the season then this season is a success in my book

Advertisement
Aha smart man making a thread to find out who DBC is, hes probably itching and sweating at his computer right now to write undefeated national champs.

Imma go with 7 wins

Repped

But how does that equate to us being WORSE?

Last years D at least had some guys with experience that could make a play here and there. Just losing Spence makes the defense significantly worse.

Advertisement
Sat, Sep 1 @ Boston College Win
Sat, Sep 8 @ Kansas State Win
Sat, Sep 15B vs Bethune-Cookman WIN
Sat, Sep 22 @ Georgia Tech LOSS
Sat, Sep 29 vs North Carolina State Loss
Sat, Oct 6 vs Notre Dame (Soldier Field Chicago) WIN
Sat, Oct 13 vs North Carolina WIN
Sat, Oct 20 vs Florida State Loss
Thu, Nov 1 vs Virginia Tech Win
Sat, Nov 10 @ Virginia LOSS
Sat, Nov 17 vs South Florida WIN
Sat, Nov 24 @ Duke WIN

8-4,

I don't know the number, but I think it will be higher than most expect....we have a staff unlike in the past. Talent has never been an issue with this program.

Looking at it again, we have a lot of tough games, man.

@ K State - Early road test with a lot of green players
@ GT - We have owned them lately, but with that offense and how inexperienced our backers are, you never know.
Notre Dame - Huge stage in a packed stadium for a big time game on the national stage. Guys might get those deer in highlight eyes against a solid football team.
UNC - Luckily a home game, but they are a good squad.
FSU - I have them in the title game.
VT - Always ******* strong, getting them at home helps.
@ UVA - This is going to suck. Road game against a team I think will be very good and is kind of under the radar right now.

7 games I think are tough. If we go 3-4 on these and win the rest I'd be thrilled.

Advertisement
If we lose to Virginia again, time to shut down the program.

I think we could be 5-0 before ND. Then again, we could be 1-4. No predictions until after BC. It all depends on if Morris comes out like he did for Maryland, all bug eyed, deer in the headlights, or not.

I think we could be 5-0 before ND. Then again, we could be 1-4. No predictions until after BC. It all depends on if Morris comes out like he did for Maryland, all bug eyed, deer in the headlights, or not.

Sat, Sep 1 @ Boston College WIN
Sat, Sep 8 @ Kansas State LOSS
Sat, Sep 22 @ Georgia Tech WIN
Sat, Sep 29 vs North Carolina State LOSS
Sat, Oct 6 vs Notre Dame (Soldier Field Chicago) WIN
Sat, Oct 20 vs Florida State LOSS
Thu, Nov 1 vs Virginia Tech WIN
Sat, Nov 10 @ Virginia WIN
Sat, Nov 24 @ Duke WIN

Advertisement

Agree with your Virginia prediction.......

No way we lose to them this year......

Until the ball is snapped next Saturday, 12-0. The schedule is such a tweener I can't objectively call it until I see the guys on the field. BC is ****, so if we truly play like a young team (which I expect) then 9-3. Everyone on our schedule is beatable and I'm sure those schools are saying the same about us right now.

I'm going to officially predict 6-6 or 7-5. No chance in my mind we get to 9-3 after today.

Sat, Sep 1 @ Boston College WIN
Sat, Sep 8 @ Kansas State LOSS
Sat, Sep 22 @ Georgia Tech LOSS
Sat, Sep 29 vs North Carolina State LOSS
Sat, Oct 6 vs Notre Dame (Soldier Field Chicago) LOSS
Sat, Oct 20 vs Florida State LOSS
Thu, Nov 1 vs Virginia Tech LOSS
Sat, Nov 10 @ Virginia WIN
Sat, Nov 24 @ Duke WIN

6-6. Same as everyone else, there is definitely some toss up games that could make us 4-8 or 8-4.

This is why I am still happy with how things are going this season. I had us pegged at 2-4 at this point in the season and we have pulled out some great wins. Our defense is a lot worse than I expected but I see us beating UNC and winning the last three games.

Advertisement
Back