Sat, Sep 29 vs North Carolina State LOSS
Sat, Oct 6 vs Notre Dame (Soldier Field Chicago) WIN
Sat, Oct 13 vs North Carolina WIN
Sat, Oct 20 vs Florida State WIN
Thu, Nov 1 vs Virginia Tech LOSS
Sat, Nov 10 @ Virginia WIN
Sat, Nov 17 vs South Florida WIN
Sat, Nov 24 @ Duke WIN

10-2. Color me optimistic but I looks at those games and I see them all as winable. Especially the teams we played to the wire last year and lost to like KST. I don't see how anyone has us losing to GT but alot of you do.

I could see us losing to VA also, but I'm thinking if we just lost to VT we will not be coming out after a loss like we have in the past.

If the OL can stay healthy, we go 10-2 and make the ACCCG.

Advertisement
i see no big losses on that schedule every game that we would lose will come down to the wire. we have the ability to beat any team on that schedule.

last year no blow outs in loses this year we lost some veteran players but some we lost ended up being addition by subtraction. if we get out of the gate with 3 wins out of the first 5 games watch out. the young players we have learn quick and are striving to succeed.

season prediction 9-3

Advertisement
Whats crazy is this, college football! I have us 8-4 on my prediction. However, I dont think we win more than 7 games. So I guess I am going slightly optimistic even though I want this to be realistic. Young inexperienced teams just do not rise to the occassion. They default to their level of training and preparation. We have been consistent in one thing the last decade, inconsistency. I for one think that is what has been so maddening about our team. One game we look like we are starting to get it and then bam the bottom falls out. Honestly, to think any game save for two, maybe, are auto wins is head in the sand. But, and this is a big but, I dont think any game can be circled as an auto loss. I do think Fsu is more talented than us. I might say Va Tech is as well, but marginally. KSU has a stud linebacker in Brown. I wish we could get kids like him at Miami, oh wait. Yes to go on a tangent, AB may have wore out his welcome at the U. Fine. But I feel almost certain that had he stayed at Miami, it would have been a waste of his abilities. At some point you see all these top talents flopping at Miami, transferring and balling out, or getting to the Nfl and having solid careers and you have to ask yourself what is wrong with the U. Rant over.

Whats crazy is this, college football! I have us 8-4 on my prediction. However, I dont think we win more than 7 games. So I guess I am going slightly optimistic even though I want this to be realistic. Young inexperienced teams just do not rise to the occassion. They default to their level of training and preparation. We have been consistent in one thing the last decade, inconsistency. I for one think that is what has been so maddening about our team. One game we look like we are starting to get it and then bam the bottom falls out. Honestly, to think any game save for two, maybe, are auto wins is head in the sand. But, and this is a big but, I dont think any game can be circled as an auto loss. I do think Fsu is more talented than us. I might say Va Tech is as well, but marginally. KSU has a stud linebacker in Brown. I wish we could get kids like him at Miami, oh wait. Yes to go on a tangent, AB may have wore out his welcome at the U. Fine. But I feel almost certain that had he stayed at Miami, it would have been a waste of his abilities. At some point you see all these top talents flopping at Miami, transferring and balling out, or getting to the Nfl and having solid careers and you have to ask yourself what is wrong with the U. Rant over.

if AB stayed he'd have been starting at MLB with Spence and McCarthy on the outside that year. Kylan Robinson would have stayed as a guy who never plays meaningful snaps - as it should have been.

as for my prediction. If the defense doesn't make guys look like heisman candidates I say 9/10 wins are possible. Otherwise 7 wins.

10-2

We were an 8-4 team last year, Maryland and BC were both lost due to NCAA bull****. I think we are at least two wins better than that, and our strength of schedule this year is weaker than last year. We were close in every game last year, I would also say that we go +7 in point differential this year.

10-2

We were an 8-4 team last year, Maryland and BC were both lost due to NCAA bull****. I think we are at least two wins better than that, and our strength of schedule this year is weaker than last year. We were close in every game last year, I would also say that we go +7 in point differential this year.

I will give you MD, but how exactly did we lose to BC b/c of the NCAA?

Advertisement
10-2

We self-imposed our bowl ban 3 or 4 days before the game. The 2008 class was filled with pussies whose entire motivation hinged on the possibility of getting a Best Buy gift card, and when that was taken away they came out flat to a far inferior team. Sorry for the harsh language towards Canes players, but these are the same guys who couldn't handle Golden's practices and left early for the NFL. That is ***** behavior, and while we could certainly use guys like Streeter and Miller on the team this year (despite their deficiencies in Cane mentality), our overall corp of guys will be much better this season than it was last year.

We may have lost some kind of alright players (and one really good one in Spence), but on the whole we are physically and mentally tougher this year. Also, most of our losses were at skill positions, which we have no problem finding replacements for down here. We certainly aren't any worse than we were last year, and provided Morris can be at least as good as Jacory was last year (he played alright except for BC), we can be **** good as far as record is concerned considering the quality of opponent we play. There is nobody on our schedule that we couldn't beat on a kind of alright, maybe above average day.

And ****, man, when it comes down to it, I would rather be in the 10-2 camp than the 4-8 or 6-6 one. I have expectations for this program, and I feel that some people are starting to lower theirs. I understand when we all know it's impossible to be good before the season, like Shannon's first and second years and last year, but sometimes there is just a good possibility that we begin to come back in a given year. I believe that this is the year we begin to come back. Elite coaches tend to do very well in their second year. Ask: Meyer, Saban, Tressel, Stoops, *** bar Pete, all these coaches that brought their teams back to national title relevance did it in their second year. This year will say something about Golden.

This team does have more deficiencies than theirs, however, so I'm bringing my expectations down to 10-2. At the same time, my heart has been broken for so many ******* years by these ****** Canes teams we've put out there that I'm not emotionally attached to my 10-2. If we go 7-5 or 6-6 again, I won't go crying in a corner like I would have a few years ago, I'll just be at typical football season levels of suicidal depression.

10-2

We self-imposed our bowl ban 3 or 4 days before the game. The 2008 class was filled with pussies whose entire motivation hinged on the possibility of getting a Best Buy gift card, and when that was taken away they came out flat to a far inferior team. Sorry for the harsh language towards Canes players, but these are the same guys who couldn't handle Golden's practices and left early for the NFL. That is **** behavior, and while we could certainly use guys like Streeter and Miller on the team this year (despite their deficiencies in Cane mentality), our overall corp of guys will be much better this season than it was last year.

I'm sorry, but I do not blame that on the NCAA, that was our players' weak mentality or whatever else you want to blame it on, but if anything I would have thought it would motivate them being their last game. Either way, not the NCAA's fault IMO.

"And ****, man, when it comes down to it, I would rather be in the 10-2 camp than the 4-8 or 6-6 one." - I'm sorry, but this made me laugh, who on this board wouldnt rather be 10-2 vs 4-8 or 6-6?

Until the ball is snapped next Saturday, 12-0. The schedule is such a tweener I can't objectively call it until I see the guys on the field. BC is ****, so if we truly play like a young team (which I expect) then 9-3. Everyone on our schedule is beatable and I'm sure those schools are saying the same about us right now.

"And ****, man, when it comes down to it, I would rather be in the 10-2 camp than the 4-8 or 6-6 one." - I'm sorry, but this made me laugh, who on this board wouldnt rather be 10-2 vs 4-8 or 6-6?

I meant the 10-2 camp as in the camp that is predicting us to go 10-2. I'd feel like **** if I was predicting a 6-6 season and we went 10-2. I would rather be on the more optimistic side, whether I'm right or wrong at the end of the year (and while I feel that a lot of things point to me and others being right about 9-3/10-2, people predicting 6-6/7-5 or less have a lot of valid points as well). I just think we might be ready to break through a little bit this year. Elite coaches kill **** in their second year. It's a proving ground for Golden.

And I'm not exactly blaming the NCAA for Boston College, but the fact of the matter is we would have won that game (even though our players were mentally weak) without the announcement. The point of my post wasn't to assign blame, but rather to point out that without the Shapiro scandal last year, we are an 8-4 team. Two wins better is all we need to be to achieve 10-2 (although I know that the gap between your typical 8-4 team and 10-2 teams indicates that those two wins are not easy to come by, compared to the difference between 6-6 teams and 8-4 teams, where the gap in talent is significantly smaller).

Last edited:
Advertisement
6-6 then 7-6 after a bowl win

I'll take this, but give me a bowl ban this year so I can be done with the bowl bans.

Making it to a bowl is huge for that reason and that reason alone - we will self impose a 2 year bowl ban (probably) and we already had one last year. Last thing you want is to miss a bowl invite this year and then go to 9 wins next year and have to forgo a bowl ban that year.

8-4.

But I see us only overmatched by FSU, and Bethune-Cookman and Duke as the only gimmes. The rest look like the could go either way - so no idea what games the wins and losses come from.

I don't see us self imposing another bowl ban unless we get word from the NCAA that it will help somehow going forward. Like, if they tell us to take another Bowl Ban in order to lessen the scholarship losses or something.

Advertisement
no reason we can't beat every team on the **** schedule. Things is we won't so I will say 9-3. No clue who will beat us cause like I said we can beat every team on the schedule.

I'll give you some good reasons: lack of depth, weak defensive line, beaten up lb corps, and freshmen dbs. and take a look at Morris's Int to TD ratio; it's not good.

no reason we can't beat every team on the **** schedule. Things is we won't so I will say 9-3. No clue who will beat us cause like I said we can beat every team on the schedule.

I'll give you some good reasons: lack of depth, weak defensive line, beaten up lb corps, and freshmen dbs. and take a look at Morris's Int to TD ratio; it's not good.

Drifter man, stop letting facts get in the way.

Sat, Sep 1 @ Boston College WIN
Sat, Sep 8 @ Kansas State LOSS
Sat, Sep 15B vs Bethune-Cookman WIN
Sat, Sep 22 @ Georgia Tech WIN
Sat, Sep 29 vs North Carolina State WIN
Sat, Oct 20 vs Florida State LOSS
Thu, Nov 1 vs Virginia Tech WIN
Sat, Nov 10 @ Virginia WIN
Sat, Nov 24 @ Duke WIN

10-2

Let's see what you got for the Canes this year. We all want an undefeated season, but lets see what you think will happen.

Sat, Sep 1 @ Boston College WIN
Sat, Sep 8 @ Kansas State WIN
Sat, Sep 15B vs Bethune-Cookman WIN
Sat, Sep 22 @ Georgia Tech WIN
Sat, Sep 29 vs North Carolina State WIN
Sat, Oct 20 vs Florida State LOSS
Thu, Nov 1 vs Virginia Tech WIN
Sat, Nov 10 @ Virginia LOSS
Sat, Nov 24 @ Duke WIN

I think we will improve over the year this year, I just dont think we are going to be all that good. But Ill be rooting and yelling like **** for the Canes to win em all.

10-2; ACC championship bound :cigar:

Advertisement
Back