Official Round 2 NCAAT vs. Hoosiers Thread!

TJD postgame remarks:

Q – For Trayce and Race, Miami had 20 offensive rebounds. I mean, how difficult was it to try to get that contained? Why do you think it was difficult to get it contained?

TRAYCE JACKSON-DAVIS: They're a great offensive rebounding team. They've got athletes. They would shoot shots. Everyone was crashing. They didn't have guards getting back. Everyone was going to get the ball.

Omier played really well on the offensive glass to bring energy and wedging people under, myself included. They were playing relentless on the glass. So they punished us, and that's what they did honestly.
---------------------------------------------------------
Without Norchad, this woulda been quite a different story. As I've said before, he's the one guy we can't replace. No one else with his size and skill inside.

Advertisement
Nice win. I wonder if this is how other schools feel beating our FB team. Hoosiers have a huge BB legacy.
Lol, one part of this that's interesting is you think Miami and Florida hate each other etc. then you go to these other teams boards and see siht like Purdue an IU fans massacring each other.. lol. You think Perdue fans ever cheered for Miami in anything prior to last night!

Gotta say in the interest of calling balls and strikes and in light of the random internet classlessness by some Indiana fans, that I'm still watching the postgame presser and the actual IU players and Mike Woodson have been super deferential to us and pretty heavy in praise of how we played and L as a coach.
Classy. Woodson coached them well. Notice how 25 on the far right glared and did not say a word. He is a punk player.

Advertisement
A few random thoughts:

- I love the Green uniforms (a view apparently not shared among traditionalists around the country)

- Gotta get back to 80%+ FT shooting; leaving too many points at the FT line in the Tourney

- Knew it was our night when Wong threw up that brick of a 3 ball and it just perched on the back of the rim and fell in

- Players REALLY seem to love playing for Coach L (obviously everyone on Cloud 9 after a big win , but ... seems genuine)

- TJD for the Hoosiers impressed me most as a shot blocker -- kid has timing and quick ups

- Classy post-game remarks by Coach Woodson

If we're wearing green, they should be these

2d559d5.jpg

To me? Yeah he’s not nba good. That’s always been my personal opinion. I think it tends to show more when he actually has to play against nba players. He performed admirably against flip though. Let’s see what he does with Jarace
He took it straight at TJD back to back last night. I was stunned he bodied him. Likely college player of the year with all the defensive accolades you can throw at him and Jordan worked him at a crucial moment in that game. That was the most impressive thing about our win IMO.

He took it straight at TJD back to back last night. I was stunned he bodied him. Likely college player of the year with all the defensive accolades you can throw at him and Jordan worked him at a crucial moment in that game. That was the most impressive thing about our win IMO.
He’s always there when you need him, for sure

Advertisement
Great game last night! Glad I recorded it so that I could watch it after I got home from the USA-Cuba baseball game. Omier was fantastic. Seems to be at or near full strength. Moved well, was active and absolutely killed Indiana on the boards. Was somewhat surprised to see Casey get early playing time. Too bad he couldn't really capitalize on it, but was happy to see Walker not pout and take full advantage of his minutes when he came in. He played well. Still had some instances where he may have taken some ill advised shots, but he was engaged and energetic, which is all many here have been wanting from him. His production may not have been visible in the stat sheet but he gave us some quality minutes. Pack was great in the 1st half and although he didn't do much in the 2nd it was great to see Wong and Miller pick up their play and carry us to the finish line. My biggest concern with this team going into the tournament was the health of Omier. Seeing that he seems to not be hampered by the ankle, sky's the limit for how far this team can go. Major hurdle to climb on Friday, but considering Houston is battling the injury bug I think it's a toss up on who will come out on top. Going to need our big 4 to play well as a unit and if we do I expect us to come out on top. GO CANES!!!

Great game last night! Glad I recorded it so that I could watch it after I got home from the USA-Cuba baseball game. Omier was fantastic. Seems to be at or near full strength. Moved well, was active and absolutely killed Indiana on the boards. Was somewhat surprised to see Casey get early playing time. Too bad he couldn't really capitalize on it, but was happy to see Walker not pout and take full advantage of his minutes when he came in. He played well. Still had some instances where he may have taken some ill advised shots, but he was engaged and energetic, which is all many here have been wanting from him. His production may not have been visible in the stat sheet but he gave us some quality minutes. Pack was great in the 1st half and although he didn't do much in the 2nd it was great to see Wong and Miller pick up their play and carry us to the finish line. My biggest concern with this team going into the tournament was the health of Omier. Seeing that he seems to not be hampered by the ankle, sky's the limit for how far this team can go. Major hurdle to climb on Friday, but considering Houston is battling the injury bug I think it's a toss up on who will come out on top. Going to need our big 4 to play well as a unit and if we do I expect us to come out on top. GO CANES!!!
driving fast lane GIF by Dish Nation

lol

Advertisement
Advertisement
for all the spectacular plays the men’s team put up, somehow what sticks out in my mind was a moment late in the game when the indiana guard lost the ball and bensley joseph was on the ground diving for it in an absolute split second, norchad was right behind him going for it, and the IU guys were just kind of standing there in shock. i don’t think we even got points off that possession but the total difference in intensity in that moment was a microcosm of the whole night. our guys just wanted it more.

and how about the ladies? unbelievable game and the grit they showed was incredible. the crowd was so hostile, every time the canes went to the free throw line it sounded like the roof was gonna blow off the place but we kept knockin em down. destiny harden sinking the winner and then saying “face up and go win the f***ing game” on live tv postgame lmao, what a savage.

what a great couple of nights for canes hoops. so happy for these kids.

Advertisement
Back