Official Round 2 NCAAT vs. Hoosiers Thread!

1679290892530.gif

Advertisement
We have a team full of MVPs! Every player knows and embraces their role! I tried thinking to myself last night who was our mvp vs Indiana? This is what went through my head…
Omier - so many boards, hustle plays, oh wait
Wong - came out and scored like we know he can, oh wait
Miller - attacking the rim and back to his old self, oh wait
Pack - dude can go off at any time, I smile every time he shoots :)
Wooga - that’s my dog, defense, intensity, attacking style, oh wait
Bensley - love his full court d, just annoying to the opposing pg, plus a huge 3 late oh wait

Not mvp but played their role for the most part…
Walker - yes, Walker! not mvp but other than a couple shots he shouldn’t have taken, I felt he did a better job in his role last night.
Casey gave us decent minutes too.
Beverly had a nice 3 as well. Plus I work with his cousin so I gotta give him a shoutout.
I could go on and on. Love this squad! Nobody will outwork us!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Mike Woodson, IU coach at the post game press conference:

“You’ve gotta give Miami a lot of credit. They played their butts off,” said Indiana coach Mike Woodson. “It was a well-coached game and I thought they were the better team, they showed it first half and second half. That coach has done a **** of a job with that team for many years, and that team tonight competed and played their asses off, and that’s why I’m sitting here going home and they’re moving forward. That team was pretty **** good.”

For the record, I was screaming at the TV for him to call a timeout during Indiana’s run. I guess that’s why he has 700 wins and I don’t.
During runs, Coach L don't normally like to waste his TOs. He tries to let his team figure stuff out. There is some good and bad that comes with that. The bad is that you may get too far behind. The good is that when it works, your team can calm itself down, figure out the adjustments "on the fly", and you get to save those TOs till the end of the game, when you really need to use them.

Advertisement
Back