Official Round 2 NCAAT vs. Hoosiers Thread!

Advertisement
Well that was fun! Great win & terrific team performance. Wong bounced back big time & Miller kept scoring consistently on high probability baskets at critical moments...and then boom baby (Wong & Joseph with two back-to-back daggers from 3 that essentially put the game out of reach). Norchad played like a man possessed & his physical play inside & rebounding was a key differentiating factor. Huge game by Mr. Baby Food. Love his game. We started strong, played fast (except at the end for obvious reasons) and really took it to IU. That was a quality win against a blue blood in the NCAA tournament. Anyway you slice it, that was impressive and a big moment for the program. Congrats to the players and the coaches on a fantastic performance. Let's shock the world & take it to the Cougs in the Sweet 16. We can do it with a performance like this. Go Canes!!

Advertisement
They’re salty and I guess this guy is racist, but good samaritan to the rescue

Always us “thugs” vs. their precious blue bloods

GO ******* CANES
Anytime IU basketball gets their *** WHOOPED, they talk ****. This is why I hate their fans with a passion. Their basketball fans are 10x worse than our football fans. Delusional. They have not won jack **** since 1987, and they think they are still big time. Go back to hillbilly Bloomington, feed your roosters and hit the factory for your 8-5 shift.

When you get more and more removed from your childhood and even your college days it becomes less and less likely that you'll elevate current athletes to your "favorite ever".

Omier is easily one of my favorite Canes basketball players ever.
I think that he’s our MVP. He’s not our best offensive player, but without him we’re toast.

Advertisement
This isn’t hyperbole but if they play like they did tonight, they’re beating Houston and anybody else thereafter. You cannot defend elite guard play when everybody is flowing and running. Offensive rebounds were crazy tonight too. 45-29, +16 in total

Omier was a beast in the second half. Him sitting for most of the first half had him energized against guys on Indiana who played significant time.

Most important, this game changed in the second half when L brought in both Beverly and Joseph for what seemed like 10 minutes and put Pack on the bench.

I don't think fans appreciate what elite defenders these two guards are. They clamp down and know their assignments on ball screens. Just a great move by L tonight.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think that he’s our MVP. He’s not our best offensive player, but without him we’re toast.
He is one of the best defenders I’ve seen. He is an elite rebounder. He is completely unselfish and never takes a play off. It’s not often you call a player great when they don’t score a lot but he is a great player. No matter how much credit he gets it isn’t enough.

He is one of the best defenders I’ve seen. He is an elite rebounder. He is completely unselfish and never takes a play off. It’s not often you call a player great when they don’t score a lot but he is a great player. No matter how much credit he gets it isn’t enough.

Omier is the 21st Century version of Bill Russell. Not as tall but just a beast around the basket.

For the record, I was screaming at the TV for him to call a timeout during Indiana’s run. I guess that’s why he has 700 wins and I don’t.
That’s funny. That reminds me of the presser after the Drake game where some tool reporter asked L if he thought they should have gone to the press sooner?

L basically laughed at him and then simply explained how and when the press is to be executed.

L is a savant when it comes to the X & O’s

Advertisement
Back