Official Round 2 NCAAT vs. Hoosiers Thread!

****. Great play by the boys tonight.

69-60 Canes with 3+ minutes left. Wong with a Steph Curry 3, steal, Joseph with a baseline 3. 75-60 and that was a wrap. 6 points in 20 seconds.

Nice bit of coaching by L when whoever that was from Indy hit a couple threes back to back late in the game. Quickly had the team adjust and started running out on that guy.

Also, love that our guys stayed aggressive when Indiana had to full court press in the closing minute and a half and we ended up with three easy buckets to seal the deal. Two Miller dunks and a Pack layup.

Advertisement
Outrebounded them by 17, 48-31, with 20 Offensive Boards to their 12.

Omier had 17 rebounds by HIMSELF!

Absolutely DOMINATED the glass!
He was a PROBLEM. Just an animal all game long. TJD had his moments, but Omier just alpha'd him.

He and Pack worth every penny. All of these dudes on the team that may have one time wilted in the moment are battle tested and know what it takes.

Really fun team to watch right now. Got the jitters out versus Drake...Indiana is a good basketball team, but Miami's ability to just put their foot on your throat late in the 2nd half is something promising for the rest of this tournament.

Advertisement
I have to say that I was not overly impressed with this kid Trayce Jackson Davis. Yes he finished with 23, 8 rebounds and 5 blocks but he seemed to disappear for large portions of the game. He never seemed to really challenge on a lot of plays.

I dunno. He just seemed to be playing 3/4 step slower than the pace.

Sounds like you are a tough audience.
23 points, 8 rebounds and 5 blocks is a pretty good night.
His supporting cast is who disappeared.
What did you expect out of him?
Did you expect him to give a Wilt Chamberlain type of performance?

Advertisement
rjWn6.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back