OFFICIAL OVER REACTION THREAD

You lose perspective when failing to consider the 13 disastrous years of Canes football before Coach Richt arrived.

Over those years we were fighting to beat teams like Duke and Wake Forest. We were, and rightly so, regularly belittled and laughed at by fans and media across the nation.

But here's the thing...if you read through the game day threads from last year you will find that the many geniuses who are now running around with their hair on fire are the same geniuses that from the first quarter on in every game during a 10 game win streak wanted Richt fired, Diaz fired, all the other coaches fired and every single player either kicked-off the team or benched.

Trust me on this boys and girls...the haters were thrilled to see Virginia beat the Canes, especially during a bye week so they can regale us all as to how smart they are and how stupid are the fans who don't want Coach Richt burned at a stake. Also, notice the number of posts after a loss versus a Canes win...the haters are on overdrive after a loss and depressed after a win.

And finally, the haters love to see decommits as that, in their addled minds, proves that EVERYTHING they say (all negative) is an incontrovertible truth. By far, Florida for decades had college footballs worst fanbase...this is one area the haters should be proud as they blasted their way past the Gators to sit atop the country's worst fanbase! Congratulations!

Your right. But I never asked for anyone to be fired or lost my wig after any loss until the uva loss. The past is the past. But I expected something like this on year one or maybe 2. Our o stats are worse in year three than 1 despite shedding most of the recruits from the previous underwear staining staffs. **** yeah we’re in a better place 💯 percent.
But you have to call it like you see it man.
Many of the people complaining now are not the ones you are referring to.
Those dudes are in every program. But we have legit cane fans on here sensing a problem and it came to a head last weekend and we don’t know where this offense is going.
I think the response by many is appropriate given the opponent and what is expected on the 3rd year.

Advertisement
You lose perspective when failing to consider the 13 disastrous years of Canes football before Coach Richt arrived.

Over those years we were fighting to beat teams like Duke and Wake Forest. We were, and rightly so, regularly belittled and laughed at by fans and media across the nation.

But here's the thing...if you read through the game day threads from last year you will find that the many geniuses who are now running around with their hair on fire are the same geniuses that from the first quarter on in every game during a 10 game win streak wanted Richt fired, Diaz fired, all the other coaches fired and every single player either kicked-off the team or benched.

Trust me on this boys and girls...the haters were thrilled to see Virginia beat the Canes, especially during a bye week so they can regale us all as to how smart they are and how stupid are the fans who don't want Coach Richt burned at a stake. Also, notice the number of posts after a loss versus a Canes win...the haters are on overdrive after a loss and depressed after a win.

And finally, the haters love to see decommits as that, in their addled minds, proves that EVERYTHING they say (all negative) is an incontrovertible truth. By far, Florida for decades had college footballs worst fanbase...this is one area the haters should be proud as they blasted their way past the Gators to sit atop the country's worst fanbase! Congratulations!
I’m actually seeing your point more clearly as the days and hrs go by. Thee mf’ers are on a quest. It’s non stop thread after thread of coach and team bashing that I’m starting to regret and feel embarrassed that I’ve been a part of by following and posting on without regard on who’s starting them and what their goal is.
Place is full of spies trolls moles lurkers etc....

Your right. But I never asked for anyone to be fired or lost my wig after any loss until the uva loss. The past is the past. But I expected something like this on year one or maybe 2. Our o stats are worse in year three than 1 despite shedding most of the recruits from the previous underwear staining staffs. **** yeah we’re in a better place 💯 percent.
But you have to call it like you see it man.
Many of the people complaining now are not the ones you are referring to.
Those dudes are in every program. But we have legit cane fans on here sensing a problem and it came to a head last weekend and we don’t know where this offense is going.
I think the response by many is appropriate given the opponent and what is expected on the 3rd year.

Allow me to suggest that subsequent the Boston College game (after an additional week to prepare) is the time to do an inventory. In my view, what makes college football so great is the unpredictability. Virginia was certainly a team with inferior talent, but upsets like last week are a common occurrence in the world of college football. Most importantly, these games are a diversion and while I am in the die-hard Cane category we are watching kids play a game. If Miami has a bad season I will be disappointed, although I am not going to hurl myself off of a tall building. As you originally commented...perspective.

I’m actually seeing your point more clearly as the days and hrs go by. Thee mf’ers are on a quest. It’s non stop thread after thread of coach and team bashing that I’m starting to regret and feel embarrassed that I’ve been a part of by following and posting on without regard on who’s starting them and what their goal is.
Place is full of spies trolls moles lurkers etc....

When reading that nonsense I often suggest to those perfect human beings calling for the firings of most all of the coaches and the benchings of countless players that they apply the same stringent standards they demand of those associated with the "U" football program to their daily business and personal lives.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back