**Official NFL Draft Thread****

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Figured we may as well start the official thread now. Some interesting tweets and notes on our guys:

Pete Prisco@PriscoCBS 18h18 hours ago
The Phillip Dorsett in the first-round talk is gaining steam. Just like I said last week.

Peter Schrager@PSchrags 13h13 hours ago
Teams are universally high on Phillip Dorsett (Miami WR)...not as high on Mizzou/Okla WR Dorial Green-Beckham.

Peter Schrager@PSchrags 13h13 hours ago
Miami TE Clive Walford could go before Minnesota TE Maxx Williams. Not viewed as a good TE draft at all.

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly Apr 19
"Only thing Denzel Perryman doesn't have is ideal height. But tell me something else he doesn't do," @LRiddickESPN said. "Extremely smart."

Ian Fitzsimmons@Ianfitzespn Apr 14
Asked @LRiddickESPN to identify a RB in 2nd rd that would be a fit for Dallas & he couldn't stop raving a/b Duke Johnson.I completely agree.

PHILLIP DORSETT, Miami (5-9½, 184, 4.28, 1-2): Three-year starter. "He can play outside because he'll be the fastest guy in the NFL," one scout said. "There's nobody that fast. Better version of John Brown, who was a **** of a rookie for the Cardinals." He's just a bullet." Tremendous deep speed. "He may be a gadget guy but, boy, he gets on the DB's toes quickly," another scout said. "I mean, he is explosive." Finished with 108 catches for 1,860 (17.2) and 15 TDs. "Can play inside or outside," a third scout said. "He might not be a team's No. 1 ever but he's going to scare people because he can go." From Fort Lauderdale, Fla.

CLIVE WALFORD, Miami (6-4, 250, 4.75, 2-3): Played just one year of high-school football in Belle Glade, Fla. "He can block," one scout said. "He can get open. He can beat a DB one-on-one." Labeled as "probably the most complete tight end in the draft" by another scout. Improved each year, finishing with 87 catches for 1,299 (14.9) and 12 TDs. "He's a bigger guy who can actually run and catch and block," a third scout said. "The big game for him to watch is Florida State. Big hands (10¼), long arms (34), degree of toughness."

Advertisement
As a Colts fan, I hope we get Flowers, Duke or Denzel, but I can definitely see Duke fitting in at Dallas.

proxy.php

The Draft is crazy. I never saw Dorsett getting into the 1st, Duke slipping out of the 2nd, or Walford getting drafted before Duke. All are very realistic possibilities.

Hope they all go high as possible and get that $$! This will be the best draft for Canes in a long time

Advertisement
If a team is able to get Duke in the 3rd round it will be an absolute steal. Yeah he isnt a bruiser like Gurley but Duke is going to be far closer to an every down back than people are giving him credit for.

3 unstoppable offensive weapons in Duke, Dorsett, Walford...and we get embarrassed by the likes of Pitt and UVA and finish 6-7.

LMFAO :jordan:

Advertisement
3 unstoppable offensive weapons in Duke, Dorsett, Walford...and we get embarrassed by the likes of Pitt and UVA and finish 6-7.

LMFAO :jordan:

Valid,

I think it's time for a new avatar my man, baby Jeebus has left the building.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The misuse and waste of talent is astounding. Not sure there is a close second to what happened at the U this year

Here are my predictions from another thread:

Miami will have 4-5 players taken in the first 2 rounds. Flowers and Dorsett will go in 1st, Perryman and Duke in 2nd and possibly Walford in 2nd as well.

Flowers could possibly go as high as 9th overall to the Giants and won't fall past the Colts at 29. Dorsett could go to Philly at 20 and won't fall past the Saints at 31.
Perryman could have been a 1st rounder if he ran a better 40. He will go top 50 for sure, possibly to San Francisco at 46. Someone will pull the trigger on drafting Duke higher than expected - I could see him going as high as 37th to the Jets and not falling past Dallas at 60. Walford may be the 1st TE taken in the draft, could see him going as high as Atlanta at 42 and not falling past Green Bay at 62.

Gunter and Chickillo will be drafted by round 5, Feliciano, Armbrister, Ryan Williams, and Olsen Pierre as possible late picks as well.

I got a sneaky feeling Duke is going to Arlington.

Last edited:
Here are my predictions from another thread:

Miami will have 4-5 players taken in the first 2 rounds. Flowers and Dorsett will go in 1st, Perryman and Duke in 2nd and possibly Walford in 2nd as well.

Flowers could possibly go as high as 9th overall to the Giants and won't fall past the Colts at 29. Dorsett could go to Philly at 20 and won't fall past the Saints at 31.
Perryman could have been a 1st rounder if he ran a better 40. He will go top 50 for sure, possibly to San Francisco at 46. Someone will pull the trigger on drafting Duke higher than expected - I could see him going as high as 37th to the Jets and not falling past Dallas at 60. Walford may be the 1st TE taken in the draft, could see him going as high as Atlanta at 42 and not falling past Green Bay at 62.

Gunter and Chickillo will be drafted by round 5, Feliciano, Armbrister, Ryan Williams, and Olsen Pierre as possible late picks as well.

You may be a bit optimistic but nevertheless pretty good prediction.

Advertisement
Back