Official NCAAT Game 1 vs Drake thread!

Agreed. Walker is limited. I’m sure if I read the rest of the thread at one point some would be firing Coach L, packing Miller and Wong’s bags and asking Ruiz to rescind Pack and Omier’s NIL deals…

And it all comes from the same place - which is posters’ need to feel they are right about something - “I’ve been saying all year…”

Yet there are zero perfect brackets left, so maybe March is indeed Madness and we should enjoy the run…
Just win and advance. No matter how it happens. We won a game against an older team that most had upsetting us , while 3 of our top four guys had awful days. On top of that Drake played much better and that still wasn’t enough. Tbh I feel more positive now than before the tip last night. I’d wager big money Miller and Wong can’t have 3-17 days again.

Advertisement
If me questioning him on playing Walker is considered bashing maybe you need to take a break from message boards. That’s more than a fair question and far from bashing.

Yo my dude..Easy with telling someone to take a break from message boards.
Especially considering the source. This ain’t the football board where you control the narrative and rightfully so. There’s absolutely no need to criticize the coach or the team right now. Especially after a Big Dance win! You’re coming off like the dude that’s just chomping at the bit for this team to lose so you can come on here to tell everyone how or why we lost.

After you got eviscerated on the hoop board last year for trying to do the same thing, you didn’t show your face around here not once during the magical run. You missed out. It was a blast! I’m sure it’s more fun when you’re not on the read bus as this coach and team march towards trying to win a national title! But you do you yo!

Just win and advance. No matter how it happens. We won a game against an older team that most had upsetting us , while 3 of our top four guys had awful days. On top of that Drake played much better and that still wasn’t enough. Tbh I feel more positive now than before the tip last night. I’d wager big money Miller and Wong can’t have 3-17 days again.

Yes! Survive and advance. Agreed on the positivity.

I mean I wasn’t 💯 energized going into the game last night, took me a while to get going then I came crashing the boards late with renewed vigor…

Sometimes it’s both, which is how the pressure of one and done works. I mean If you don’t think Drake crumbled some under the pressure late we just won’t agree. Which is cool. I personally don’t give a crap if they did choke some because a win is a win and we survived. I won’t apologize for moving on just like FSU won’t apologize for our bed wetting. To let something like that bother you is just odd. We made every clutch play late and they didn’t handle that pressure as well.

I find it odd that you on here trying to justify your negative takes after a huge tournament win!

Advertisement
Especially considering the source. This ain’t the football board where you control the narrative and rightfully so. There’s absolutely no need to criticize the coach or the team right now. Especially after a Big Dance win! You’re coming off like the dude that’s just chomping at the bit for this team to lose so you can come on here to tell everyone how or why we lost.

After you got eviscerated on the hoop board last year for trying to do the same thing, you didn’t show your face around here not once during the magical run. You missed out. It was a blast! I’m sure it’s more fun when you’re not on the read bus as this coach and team march towards trying to win a national title! But you do you yo!
Lying again. I was on the board during the year , the ACCT and the tourney run. One thing I can’t stand is a lying A hole putting words in my mouth or posting bs.

I’ve never bashed or took personal shots at Coach L. I’ve questioned things and that rubs some of you cult members wrong. The same brilliant basketball minds that attacked me for saying Wong being the next Curry talk was ludicrous lol. That was an actual argument by this board lmao. I figured out fast some of y’all will argue anything lol.

Once again you’ve lied multiple times this AM , I never said fire him or I wanted him fired , I was also in fact back on the board during the season after those posts that rustled you. I’ve always posted more later in the year , I just can’t post all the time during the season live because I get up very early and have to watch the replays after work. I don’t want to know the outcomes.

Lastly when I did question where things were trending a year and a half ago I said “I never tell people to eat crow when they’re wrong because things can change , L could turn things around going forward“.

If wondering why a coach is playing a guy gets you this angry you are very emotional. That’s why I said maybe it’s best to take a break. Not literally telling you to go take a break, like I can make you do that.

I didn’t know having an opinion or talking ball was “ setting a narrative“. Nothing I’ve said is out of bounds or personal.

To make things easier I’ll go back to the football board where I won’t have to deal with your lying, emotional ***. That’ll be good for us both. Now please block me.

Attachments

• 43359B55-CF51-4CFC-86E7-8BD292E9C69D.jpeg
    43359B55-CF51-4CFC-86E7-8BD292E9C69D.jpeg
    935.1 KB · Views: 29
You know what's just as entertaining as watching the game live? Reading 30 pages of comments full of gloom and doom, only to see it end well. I thought we were going to lose for sure, until around page 30-31.
I get emotional during games, overreaction too, that is why I stopped posting during games lol. I get frustrated with this team because I think they are much better than they realize. Walker and Beverly taking shots sends me off the deep end, won't deny it.

Not haters. Just knowledgable and probably knew Drake was a good team and tough draw. iMO you saw 7 vs 10, 8 vs 9 seeds where you knew they weren’t as good as Drake. That’s all.

I had the U as did my kid in all our brackets and usually there are 12 vs 5 upsets and when there weren’t we were like oh chit…

Nice win and hopefully we leave people thinking ACC may be down but when we beat Indiana they realize Big10 really down.
I was referring to the “experts” that were basically saying we had no chance no matter what. I’m not saying just anyone who picked Drake was a hater. Of course Drake could’ve won and is a good team, but some people were giving Miami zero credit.

Advertisement
No one should be taking last night for granted. It was only our 12th NCAA tourney win in program history.
No doubt. To win a game in march madness down 7 with under 5 to go is a massive achievement.

I know that was just a round of 64 game but that win is up there for me during L’s tenure. To turn it on like they did to close the game was unbelievable given what we’ve seen all year closing out games. Bravo to all. Let’s whoop the Hoosiers ***

Less reported fact....

You just saw a team of grown 25 year old men going against 20 year old college kids... Drake had an average age older than 3 NBA rosters.. let that sink in.
I believe it is 5 NBA teams

Advertisement
I get emotional during games, overreaction too, that is why I stopped posting during games lol. I get frustrated with this team because I think they are much better than they realize. Walker and Beverly taking shots sends me off the deep end, won't deny it.
Basketball is the absolute worst sport to post live comments to. I gave that up a loooong time ago.

And I agree. This team could be special, if it didn't sleepwalk through 3/4 of their games.

Seriously lol? Did you not respond and try to downplay Miami bball winning the ACC as a meh regular season accolade? So I'm reminding you the football program doesn't have any accolades over the last 2 decades...And last i checked we were comparing miami football and basketball coaches...
We were talking about the idea that it’s either on the head coach or it’s not. We seem to have different standards depending on the sport.

His body language certainly doesn't help matters when his game is in the toilet. Gotta be assertive and help the team in different ways. Seems like when his scoring drops, his entire game goes down the $hi++er with it. Gotta be better. Don't see us winning another game if he plays like he did tonight. Pack and Omier were huge.
he's so inconsistent that he'll come out and score 30 the next time.

agree re his body language. i think his demeanor/personality doesn't help him when he struggles

Advertisement
Lying again. I was on the board during the year , the ACCT and the tourney run. One thing I can’t stand is a lying A hole putting words in my mouth or posting bs.

I’ve never bashed or took personal shots at Coach L. I’ve questioned things and that rubs some of you cult members wrong. The same brilliant basketball minds that attacked me for saying Wong being the next Curry talk was ludicrous lol. That was an actual argument by this board lmao. I figured out fast some of y’all will argue anything lol.

Once again you’ve lied multiple times this AM , I never said fire him or I wanted him fired , I was also in fact back on the board during the season after those posts that rustled you. I’ve always posted more later in the year , I just can’t post all the time during the season live because I get up very early and have to watch the replays after work. I don’t want to know the outcomes.

Lastly when I did question where things were trending a year and a half ago I said “I never tell people to eat crow when they’re wrong because things can change , L could turn things around going forward“.

If wondering why a coach is playing a guy gets you this angry you are very emotional. That’s why I said maybe it’s best to take a break. Not literally telling you to go take a break, like I can make you do that.

I didn’t know having an opinion or talking ball was “ setting a narrative“. Nothing I’ve said is out of bounds or personal.

To make things easier I’ll go back to the football board where I won’t have to deal with your lying, emotional ***. That’ll be good for us both. Now please block me.
Ok dude. Calling someone a liar because you got called out , is soft but like I said before. You do you. You just typed a lot of emotional **** tryin to save face to protect the message board clout that you so desperately need in yo life. You know what you said and you know what you’re trying to do right now. It’s all good. I’m not the one who was on here calling last years squad a rec league team and I’m not the one trying to criticize coach L and the kids on the team after a big win. That’s ***** on you and you wear it well.

Seriously lol? Did you not respond and try to downplay Miami bball winning the ACC as a meh regular season accolade? So I'm reminding you the football program doesn't have any accolades over the last 2 decades...And last i checked we were comparing miami football and basketball coaches...
Don't bother with

Amen

Ok dude. Calling someone a liar because you got called out , is soft but like I said before. You do you. You just typed a lot of emotional **** tryin to save face to protect the message board clout that you so desperately need in yo life. You know what you said and you know what you’re trying to do right now. It’s all good. I’m not the one who was on here calling last years squad a rec league team and I’m not the one trying to criticize coach L and the kids on the team after a big win. That’s ***** on you and you wear it well.
He is a master passive aggressive poster. A lot like Jagr.

Advertisement
Back