Official NCAAT Game 1 vs Drake thread!

The ACC won the challenge with the Big 10 lest we forget.

Im not scared of Indiana one iota. If anything that worries me when you play basketball blue bloods is do they get the bang bang calls? Do refs tend to slide their direction. If it's a close game, it matters. Maybe I have PTSD from playing road games in Tobacco Road in conference play. Would it surprise me though if Norchad gets 2 cheapies early on the Indiana big men that sends him to bench early,? No

Other than that the closest team to Miami from an offensive perspective in BiG 10 is Iowa, they averaged nearly identical PPG right around that 80 PPG mark.

Iowa scored 91 and 90 and beat Indiana both times they played this year.
For the most part they are letting them play this tournament. It is what did Duke in. Tennessee was very physical and Duke did not get its usual Tobacco Road calls.

Advertisement
Poplar showed me last night he has All American upside ready to be unleashed next year

He is leading the team in 3 point shots at .411. What makes us so dangerous is we have 5 starters who can all score. Take away Wong amd Miller and Pack and Poplar can pick it up.

Norchad did not get his usual inside baskets but he was devastating on the boards. I think he eats tonight. We want their "Bill Russell" over working hard on defense.

Lying again. I was on the board during the year , the ACCT and the tourney run. One thing I can’t stand is a lying A hole putting words in my mouth or posting bs.

I’ve never bashed or took personal shots at Coach L. I’ve questioned things and that rubs some of you cult members wrong. The same brilliant basketball minds that attacked me for saying Wong being the next Curry talk was ludicrous lol. That was an actual argument by this board lmao. I figured out fast some of y’all will argue anything lol.

Once again you’ve lied multiple times this AM , I never said fire him or I wanted him fired , I was also in fact back on the board during the season after those posts that rustled you. I’ve always posted more later in the year , I just can’t post all the time during the season live because I get up very early and have to watch the replays after work. I don’t want to know the outcomes.

Lastly when I did question where things were trending a year and a half ago I said “I never tell people to eat crow when they’re wrong because things can change , L could turn things around going forward“.

If wondering why a coach is playing a guy gets you this angry you are very emotional. That’s why I said maybe it’s best to take a break. Not literally telling you to go take a break, like I can make you do that.

I didn’t know having an opinion or talking ball was “ setting a narrative“. Nothing I’ve said is out of bounds or personal.

To make things easier I’ll go back to the football board where I won’t have to deal with your lying, emotional ***. That’ll be good for us both. Now please block me.

Yo my dude..Before you go calling someone an A hole and a liar, you may want to brush up on your delete skills.
It looks like you forgot to delete your negative comments about L and the team from last season in the…

“For all those who wanted Coach L fired time to eat CROW thread”

I tried to find your rec league rant from last year but it looks like you may have deleted that mess. But you did leave these nuggets behind.

You dropped the following comments after our Canes just pulled off a major road upset last year after beating Duke. Who just so happened to be the # 2 team in the country.

Your words. Not mine!

“I’m not eating ****, he’s been awful for some years now and he deserved to get shredded. After last season body shouldn’t been defending him”

“The fbi thing was a good excuse for a minute but there’s only twelve guys on a roster. It’s nowhere like football with roster management”

“Its also not just the roster management , it’s been been a sloppy product especially on offense, it’s always a jambled mess , pretty much street ball. Setting a high screen , drive or kick. Rinse repeat. The only difference this year is he has a bunch of extremely old guys making plays. There was nothing schematic about last night , that was a bunch of 22-23 year olds beating younger guys off the dribble or the screen. That wasn’t x’s or o’s lol. A sixth year pg was beating some kids like a drum lol. Let’s call it what it was”

like I said yo… Your words, not mine!

Yo my dude..Before you go calling someone an A hole and a liar, you may want to brush up on your delete skills.
It looks like you forgot to delete your negative comments about L and the team from last season in the…

“For all those who wanted Coach L fired time to eat CROW thread”

I tried to find your rec league rant from last year but it looks like you may have deleted that mess. But you did leave these nuggets behind.

You dropped the following comments after our Canes just pulled off a major road upset last year after beating Duke. Who just so happened to be the # 2 team in the country.

Your words. Not mine!

“I’m not eating ****, he’s been awful for some years now and he deserved to get shredded. After last season body shouldn’t been defending him”

“The fbi thing was a good excuse for a minute but there’s only twelve guys on a roster. It’s nowhere like football with roster management”

“Its also not just the roster management , it’s been been a sloppy product especially on offense, it’s always a jambled mess , pretty much street ball. Setting a high screen , drive or kick. Rinse repeat. The only difference this year is he has a bunch of extremely old guys making plays. There was nothing schematic about last night , that was a bunch of 22-23 year olds beating younger guys off the dribble or the screen. That wasn’t x’s or o’s lol. A sixth year pg was beating some kids like a drum lol. Let’s call it what it was”

like I said yo… Your words, not mine!
Thats two responses that I won’t be reading liar and you’re obviously lacking reading comprehension “ Block me “ means the conversation is over.

Now have a good day.

Last edited:
Ok dude. Calling someone a liar because you got called out , is soft but like I said before. You do you. You just typed a lot of emotional **** tryin to save face to protect the message board clout that you so desperately need in yo life. You know what you said and you know what you’re trying to do right now. It’s all good. I’m not the one who was on here calling last years squad a rec league team and I’m not the one trying to criticize coach L and the kids on the team after a big win. That’s ***** on you and you wear it well.

He's saying you're full of it. If he's the one lying, then pull the receipt and end it. Do it. It shouldn't be hard. Otherwise, best not to put words in people's mouths.

Advertisement
Thats two responses that I won’t be reading liar and you’re obviously lacking reading comprehension “ Block me “ means the conversation is over.

Now have a good day.

Oh , there’s MOAR my dude. I just wanted to give you a little sample size of your hypocrisy.

Dude, who’s the real liar here? I could have sworn that you just stated that you were leaving the hoop board and were taking your ball and heading back to the football board where you’re safe. Yet here you are pleading for a perfect stranger to block you. The block feature works both ways my guy.

Instead you’re choosing to stay here on the the hoop board during a magical time and sling that negativity.

I’m done wit you for now dog! Imma take all my positive energy and send it the hoop teams way. Coach L and da boys gotts a big game tonight!!

Let’s Go Canes!!

He's saying you're full of it. If he's the one lying, then pull the receipt and end it. Do it. It shouldn't be hard. Otherwise, best not to put words in people's mouths.

All you have to do is go to the Eat Crow Thread and see for yourself what kind of garbage this guy has been spewing about coach L and the team for the past 2 seasons. He’s deleted the rest of his garbage.

Shooting in the 20’s in the first half , two of your best players going 3-17,playing atrocious perimeter d on a good shooting team and turning it over left and right is deserving to lose. Plenty of teams win that deserved to lose. We laid a huge **** last night for 37 minutes but played a great last three minutes while Drake peed down their leg. I’m glad we won but we were very fortunate with such a bad performance.

It’s just honesty. We won and luckily we can’t play worse but they were very fortunate to win with such a horrendous performance. That was easily their worst game of the year. I’m just amazed that’s considered a **** comment or even controversial. They did show balls and toughness late.
Did the 2001 Canes football team deserve to lose against BC? No.

Hoops team couldn’t throw it into the ocean. Defense played pretty well and rebounded well. Kept it close enough that a few turnovers when Coach L put on press changed the game. I don’t think it was a controversial thing to say. I think it was stupid. But I did 99% of what you offer so it’s all good.

Advertisement
His body language certainly doesn't help matters when his game is in the toilet. Gotta be assertive and help the team in different ways. Seems like when his scoring drops, his entire game goes down the $hi++er with it. Gotta be better. Don't see us winning another game if he plays like he did tonight. Pack and Omier were huge.
Agree 💯

Crazy that I think Indiana would be a better match up for us.

They got a couple problems but they can't play d. Kent State has beat them to the basket all night, off the dribble so easily, missed 20 shots at the rim. Should be a high scoring slugfest with Indiana but I like our chances A LOT. I think we put an *** whipping on them unless they shoot lights out from 3. He gonna get his, just don't guard him out high.

just wondering what part of survive and advance don’t some of you ******* understand

Purdue says hi. Shoutout to our uVaginA friends as well

It is called March madness for a ******* reason

Aidy Bryant Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

I am guessing some of these folks don't follow college hoops much.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back