Official NCAAT Game 1 vs Drake thread!

Advertisement
They got a couple problems but they can't play d. Kent State has beat them to the basket all night, off the dribble so easily, missed 20 shots at the rim. Should be a high scoring slugfest with Indiana but I like our chances A LOT. I think we put an *** whipping on them unless they shoot lights out from 3. He gonna get his, just don't guard him out high.
I expect that we're going to come out and use some of the same game plan we used against Jabari Smith last year when we knocked off Auburn. Going to have to take away the drive and inside play of Jackson-Davis and hope he isn't hitting his midrange shots. Can't afford to give him anything easy at the rim

Advertisement
They got a couple problems but they can't play d. Kent State has beat them to the basket all night, off the dribble so easily, missed 20 shots at the rim. Should be a high scoring slugfest with Indiana but I like our chances A LOT. I think we put an *** whipping on them unless they shoot lights out from 3. He gonna get his, just don't guard him out high.
Kent St has the floor game game of a P5 team, and the scoring ability of a pickup team at your local Y

I would let him shoot outside all game long. I would make him.
His game is strictly 16 feet and in. Not gonna see him jack 3's. Gonna have to keep him from attacking the gaps and out of the lane. Would like to see us front him too. Thought we were too passive in letting Drake's big catch the ball. It almost cost us the game tonight. That guy may have had a season high tonight.

Will say one more thing, Mike Woodson isn't going to out coach Larranaga. Game will come down to us executing and hitting shots. Make no mistake about it, the outcome of this game will fall squarely on the players.

Advertisement
Indiana doesn’t really strike fear into me. Not that it matters but they’re mehhhh
The key will be focus. Miami can't play a first half like they did today. That's what matters. Wong needs to get active early, and Omier has to find a way to stay out of foul trouble(Which is unlikely, you know full well the blue blood tax will be paid)

Miami has shown the ability to compete against anyone, the 'Canes have a good chance.

His game is strictly 16 feet and in. Not gonna see him jack 3's. Gonna have to keep him from attacking the gaps and out of the lane. Would like to see us front him too. Thought we were too passive in letting Drake's big catch the ball. It almost cost us the game tonight. That guy may have had a season high tonight.
Nope he won't but Omier can't get out and defend him either, he will get abused with that spin move. I think he is a great player but he gets careless with the ball and we got to take advantage of that. Offensive rebounding from Indiana concerns me.

Advertisement
Indiana doesn’t really strike fear into me. Not that it matters but they’re mehhhh
Won't be a walk in the park for us. Indiana has got capable shooters to go with one of the better big guys in college basketball. When they're on they can beat anyone. We've got to win on the boards and I know we haven't been great late in games but keep in mind Indiana isn't a great FT shooting team. That said, I like our chances IF we're playing good ball and there are no setbacks with Omier's ankle.

Nah man, their big is freaking legit. Moves very well and distributes the ball. Key to their O.

They had a fairly mid dude go for 20 with ease. I think they’re quite good.
Dude, they are a less athletic Duke. In other words, a superstar and a bunch of okay guys, with a secondary scorer that can get his. If you were to take off the Indiana jerseys, and say it was a school like TAMU, our fans wouldn't be wetting themselves. Kent State was able to get where they wanted to go all night, they just can't make a layup. Indiana is a solid team, they have a superstar, but they aren't the second coming of 1990 UNLV.

Advertisement
Is there anything to this? Our best players aside from (Omier)under the basket are seemingly Miller and Wong (at least all-ACC voters think so.) Each team we play has a variety of defenders with different skill sets and a couple might be considered their "top defenders". I assume for 1-v-1 and such they are glued to Miller and Wong.

Isn't this gonna make Miller and Wong's job harder, and their performance seem less awesome, especially if they are a bit "off". And at the same time make P & P get better (or more) shots and less pressure and (if not missing the side of the barn) look like they are carrying the team; I wonder if TEAM applause is due?

Dude, they are a less athletic Duke. In other words, a superstar and a bunch of okay guys, with a secondary scorer that can get his. If you were to take off the Indiana jerseys, and say it was a school like TAMU, our fans wouldn't be wetting themselves. Kent State was able to get where they wanted to go all night, they just can't make a layup. Indiana is a solid team, they have a superstar, but they aren't the second coming of 1990 UNLV.
Jalen Hood is not just an ok guy. He's got NBA 1st round material written all over him.

Nope he won't but Omier can't get out and defend him either, he will get abused with that spin move. I think he is a great player but he gets careless with the ball and we got to take advantage of that. Offensive rebounding from Indiana concerns me.
Gonna have to be a team effort on TJD. He can hurt you in a variety of ways. Not just with his scoring. They're an ok team rebounding the ball. We must capitalize and win that battle. Can't have them getting 2nd and 3rd chance opportunities on offense. We need to be sharp. Can't always control your shots going in, but our effort and energy can and we can't be lackadaisical on those 2 fronts

Advertisement
Back