Official NCAAT Game 1 vs Drake thread!

Need one of those 5 minute offensive spurts we have seen all year. Kenny just broke it down correctly too. Guys look like they don't know how to play together.

Advertisement
Advertisement
With Drake pressuring away from the ball the way they are you have to start looking for back door cuts and “misdirection” stuff. At this point we’re playing right into their defense.

Exactly. The one-on-one stuff isn't working. Got to work together. The standing around while someone takes a hero shot leaves no one in position to get offensive boards. Pass, cut, move.

With Drake pressuring away from the ball the way they are you have to start looking for back door cuts and “misdirection” stuff. At this point we’re playing right into their defense.

Ths exactly what i said..they playing right into it...Miller not gonna get much buckets tonight their shading toward him...n Normand is making it easy for their big man to guard him hea int a threat offencvely right now.

Advertisement
All I can hope is that Coach L can revert us somehow back to the beginning of the season when we were literally night and day in different halfs.

This team has injuries for sure and is likely tired, but **** man….just the lack of effort and fundamentals is a little mindblowing.

Lots of bad one-on-one play with no one in position to rebound.

Exactly. The one-on-one stuff isn't working. Got to work together. The standing around while someone takes a hero shot leaves no one in position to get offensive boards. Pass, cut, move.
well when shots go up 3-4 of them are just watching and lazy..r fighting each other for a rebound.

Advertisement
Ths exactly what i said..they playing right into it...Miller not gonna get much buckets tonight their shading toward him...n Normand is making it easy for their big man to guard him hea int a threat offencvely right now.
Miller needs more touches on the block and guys to clear out. Force them to double. Or flashing in the paint. He has a nice little hook and one leg floater. Too much dribbling going on right now

UVA be like

Happy Little Girl GIF by Demic

Advertisement
Miami had an awful first half offensively, is still solidly in it. I like those odds. Wong has to get started, sometimes, you have to just will yourself to the FT line, in order to see something go down. The defensive intensity is there, it's just a case of nerves and bad shooting being contagious. Wooga and Pack need some help, and I think they will get it in the second half.

So what's the verdict - have a share of the best regular season record but get bounced in our first game in the conference tournament and round one by the 12 seed, would you consider this an overall good season or bad season?
FIFY

Advertisement
Back