MMA **OFFICIAL MMA THREAD**

Advertisement
image.jpeg

I got Stylebender Adesanya for the win by stoppage.

And I got Reyes over Jan for the new Light Heavyweight champion.

Advertisement
Man I really thought Costa had a good chance

That means they did a good job at building the fight.

Stylebender is in God Mode rn. He's on his way to being an all-time great. Watching him go into the ring is like watching Bones, GSP, prime Fedor, prime Spider.

He went in with purpose last night and Costa wasn't ready for that smoke.

Big fan of JAN winning last night, btw.

Yall excited for international fight week!?

UFC / Bellator / PFL appears to have cards the entire month

Gordon Ryan is competing and that Damien Maia v Bendo Henderson grappling match on Polaris last week was solid

Advertisement
Advertisement
Who y'all got tonight?

Pretty straightforward for me, but think Strickland, Volk, Sugar Show, Izzy all win tonight. Strickland and Izzy could be a fun title fight.

Such a dud first fight with O'Malley, although I really didn't think that eye poke was that bad. Munhoz was starting to lose R2.

Advertisement
@Liberty City El your boy Izzy is going to have to face his bogey man if he gets past the killa gorilla tonight. Pereira has bricks for hands, Jesus.
Who Israel Adesanya was back then is not who he is now & a Glory Kickboxing match is a lot different than a UFC MMA fight.

I agree that Pereira is a really good heavy handed striker, but catching Izzy with an uppercut back in 2017 doesn’t mean he’ll do it in 2022/23. If you watch the first two Kickboxing matches they had Izzy out-struck Peirera in the first fight & was actually winning the 2nd fight in the first two rounds where he was landing a barrage of combination strikes & putting heavy pressure on AP, however I give AP credit for switching gears & finding the soft zone in Izzy’s forward attack & landing the big uppercut.

But in all reality that moment has been really blown up because Izzy has dominated 185 so much that people are grasping at straws to find someone who can beat Izzy because they’re tired of & hate his dominance.

The idea that Alex Pereira is some kind of kryptonite for Israel Adesanya is actually kinda funny. Maybe it holds some weight in a Kickboxing match, but as a MMA fighter Pereira is just 6-1, he’s not some juggernaut that will dominate the Middleweight division. He’s just another guy in a long line of guys that people have built into a new Super Villain to try to take down Adesanya.

At this point, they’ll search under every rock & crevice from Southeast Asia to Brazil to find someone, anyone who can stop Adesanya. It just speaks volumes to how great he really is that people will literally invent narratives & storylines with the purpose of trying to find any angle they can to take him down... Unfortunately, it just doesn’t work.

Adesanya’s greatness speaks for itself, people have to work overtime to discredit him without realizing they’re just highlighting how legendary of a fighter he really is with how hard they have to go to find something to blemish him.

AP will be used as good promo to sell the fight & then he’ll get in that octagon & lose just like the rest of’em lol

Who Israel Adesanya was back then is not who he is now & a Glory Kickboxing match is a lot different than a UFC MMA fight.

I agree that Pereira is a really good heavy handed striker, but catching Izzy with an uppercut back in 2017 doesn’t mean he’ll do it in 2022/23. If you watch the first two Kickboxing matches they had Izzy out-struck Peirera in the first fight & was actually winning the 2nd fight in the first two rounds where he was landing a barrage of combination strikes & putting heavy pressure on AP, however I give AP credit for switching gears & finding the soft zone in Izzy’s forward attack & landing the big uppercut.

But in all reality that moment has been really blown up because Izzy has dominated 185 so much that people are grasping at straws to find someone who can beat Izzy because they’re tired of & hate his dominance.

The idea that Alex Pereira is some kind of kryptonite for Israel Adesanya is actually kinda funny. Maybe it holds some weight in a Kickboxing match, but as a MMA fighter Pereira is just 6-1, he’s not some juggernaut that will dominate the Middleweight division. He’s just another guy in a long line of guys that people have built into a new Super Villain to try to take down Adesanya.

At this point, they’ll search under every rock & crevice from Southeast Asia to Brazil to find someone, anyone who can stop Adesanya. It just speaks volumes to how great he really is that people will literally invent narratives & storylines with the purpose of trying to find any angle they can to take him down... Unfortunately, it just doesn’t work.

Adesanya’s greatness speaks for itself, people have to work overtime to discredit him without realizing they’re just highlighting how legendary of a fighter he really is with how hard they have to go to find something to blemish him.

AP will be used as good promo to sell the fight & then he’ll get in that octagon & lose just like the rest of’em lol
Oh I agree 100%. Adesanya is a the most refined and intelligent striker we have seen in this sport. Pereira is, however, the only fighter that can stand in front of Izzy and have any kind of success.

The UFC has done an amazing job setting this fight up. AP wasn’t ranked and got a fight against a top 5 guy who just happened to be the one guy in the top 15 who would be dumb enough to try to stand in front of AP and trade. Perfect storm for the UFC with AP starching Strickland on the same card Izzy defends the title.

Advertisement
Back