Official Miami will stomp Fsu on 2/25 Thread

Are you certain? I just looked up the list of the past 80 years of ACC regular season champions. Now maybe the conference doesn’t officially reward a title, but the record books sure seem to have that info. Are you saying that teams don’t hang banners for it? I would.

100% certain. And where are these record books located?: )

Since the ACC started their conference tournament, they do not officially recognize the regular season champion. The tournament champion is the ACC champion. People certainly talk about regular season champs and track it, but it's not official. As for banners, I've no idea. Do we have one up for the regular season in 2013? Or just the tourney?

As for everyone else losing their minds that I am saying we won't win the National Championship... come on. This is a really good team that I love, watch and follow, but we are a couple of players short. Anything can happen, but in the context of answering the question, should we value a conference championship and my reply to another poster who said we're not good enough to win the regular season, ACC tourney, and NCAA tourney, it's valid.

Let's enjoy every minute, and maybe get to the first Final Four in UM history before we start talking about cutting the nets down on the last day. Just enjoy the ride.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Ham needs to retire. He is still recruiting like its 1995 and a team does not need 3-4 players who can make more than 33% of their 3 point shots. Ham likes 11 athletes and at best 1 shooter. He’s coaching in the wrong decade/millennium.
Agree. Amazing how many "old school" coaches like Hamilton, Tony Bennett, Greg Gard, Rick Barnes, and, maybe to a lesser exrtent, Tom Izzo haven't come to grips with the fact that today's game is primarily about the 3 point shot.

Disagree. UVA could lose to UNC and then we beat Pitt. We would then be ACC regular season champions and if we win the ACC tournament we would likely be a 3 seed. A 4 at worst.

But with all that said, let's just win.
I would rather us control our own fate and not a UNC squad who likely has to win the ACC tourney to have any chance to get in..

If we are focused, this is a team we should handle.

100% certain. And where are these record books located?: )

Since the ACC started their conference tournament, they do not officially recognize the regular season champion. The tournament champion is the ACC champion. People certainly talk about regular season champs and track it, but it's not official. As for banners, I've no idea. Do we have one up for the regular season in 2013? Or just the tourney?

As for everyone else losing their minds that I am saying we won't win the National Championship... come on. This is a really good team that I love, watch and follow, but we are a couple of players short. Anything can happen, but in the context of answering the question, should we value a conference championship and my reply to another poster who said we're not good enough to win the regular season, ACC tourney, and NCAA tourney, it's valid.

Let's enjoy every minute, and maybe get to the first Final Four in UM history before we start talking about cutting the nets down on the last day. Just enjoy the ride.
"Official," I don't know but ... ACC followers have always referred to the Regular Season Champion and the Tournament Champ as two separate accomplishments. As most know, for years only the Tourney Champ advanced to the NCAAT. That changed in the early 70s when all Conferences starting getting multiple bids as the NCAAT expanded its field.

Agree. Amazing how many "old school" coaches like Hamilton, Tony Bennett, Greg Gard, Rick Barnes, and, maybe to a lesser exrtent, Tom Izzo haven't come to grips with the fact that today's game is primarily about the 3 point shot.
That is what makes Coach L so special. He has to be as chronologically old or older than every coach on your list, and yet he seems to be constantly evolving while the others remain in place like old men in front of their tube TV’s talking about how they used to play in the good ole days.

Advertisement
That is what makes Coach L so special. He has to be as chronologically old or older than every coach on your list, and yet he seems to be constantly evolving while the others remain in place like old men in front of their tube TV’s talking about how they used to play in the good ole days.
Totally agree. Coach L never coached at a blue blood program where he had tons of talented athletes. So ... he knows how to adapt.

Lets temper this slightly eh? Bennett won a natty as recently as 2019, whatever he does it’s working for him. And that’s at a school with very high academic standards too.

Also, I want the ACC championship outright. No tiebreaker bull****. We play Pitt next Saturday. So let’s beat the brakes off FSU at 4:00 and then have UVA lose at 6:00 in Chapel Hill. I want to finish 16-4 in the league and have no other teams with 4 losses.
Does it matter? We beat UVA head to head so that's all that matters

Advertisement
Lets temper this slightly eh? Bennett won a natty as recently as 2019, whatever he does it’s working for him. And that’s at a school with very high academic standards too.
Personally I think Bennett is in trouble with his style. Not just because they don’t shoot a lot of 3’s but also because his offense won’t attract a lot of players. Sometimes things change quickly.
I think Bennett, like Izzo, is very good at what he does and will always be competitive. But I think we will see a cap on their success. Bennett is a very good coach but he needs to evolve.

Clemson blowing NCSU at home on their senior day. Anything can happen. We have to come out aggressive and with energy. Let’s Go!

Last edited:
Advertisement
20230225_150628.jpg

Chris Stock has been posting updates from warmups. Nigel Pack nowhere to be seen. The rest of the team was out and shooting; Wong was out a full hour before shooting 3s...

▪ Some men’s basketball notes notes: As WQAM’s Joe Zagacki noted, Norchad Omier is one of three players in the country averaging at least 14 points per game, 9.5 rebounds and shooting 59 percent. As coach Jim Larranaga noted, Omier leads the ACC in field-goal percentage and is in the top three in rebounding. “He’s the greatest teammate you can ever want. Guys on the team love being around him,” Larranaga said... And, as Zagacki also noted, only two other players in the nation -- besides UM’s Jordan Miller -- who are are averaging at least 14.5 points, 5.5 rebounds, 2.5 assists and a steal per game. “I told him this [past summer] we’re going to expand your role,” Larranaga said. “Everything he does, he does well. He doesn’t show any limitations.”... Larranaga said he believes Isaiah Wong, Nijel Pack, Jordan Miller and Omier will all get strong consideration for all-ACC. “They have had great seasons.”... UM — which leads the Atlantic Coast Conference at 14-4 — will try to push its home record to 16-0 and overall record to 23-5 if its beats FSU at 4 p.m. Saturday in Coral Gables on ESPN2.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article272594852.html#storylink=cpy

Advertisement
This Arkansas/Bama game is giving me BC/FSU vibes with their being still 12 mins left and Miami/FSU is suppose to be on in 20 mins…

There’s been 6 fouls in 95 seconds since iv started watching LMAO, this game will end at like 4:40

Advertisement
Back