Official Miami will stomp Fsu on 2/25 Thread

Advertisement
Good to know that there are some Miami fans here in St. Aug., I live in North Davis Shores. Seems like mostly FSU and UF fans everywhere.
Right on! I'm off SR 16 near the outlet mall. Had to be close to I95 since I work in Jax. I love it up here but you're right not a lot of canes fans in these parts

Good to know that there are some Miami fans here in St. Aug., I live in North Davis Shores. Seems like mostly FSU and UF fans everywhere.
My wife and I really like the davis shores area. I almost bought in there a few years ago but I believe it's a flood zone so I ended up a little further west...the goal is eventually to get closer to the beach though

Right on! I'm off SR 16 near the outlet mall. Had to be close to I95 since I work in Jax. I love it up here but you're right not a lot of canes fans in these parts
I'm near Perry, 90 minutes south of Tally (near the Gulf.) FSU is like a fungus here... everywhere. The BB followers though have always been dwarfed by football, and those 2 spots sorta swapped places recently (one sucked, one didn't).

Advertisement
Would you rather:
UM loses agin in the regular season but wins the ACC tourney, or
UM wins the regular season title but loses in the ACC tourney

I ask because we aren’t winning 9 in a row to close out the regular season, plus however many (3?) it would take to win the ACC tourney, plus 6 to win the NCAA ****le. So the question then becomes when should we lose to get the loss out of the way?
I don’t want to lose anymore games but I am trying to be realistic based on the history of college basketball.

We aren’t going to be:
ACC regular season champs
ACC tourney champs
NCAA tourney champs

We aren’t UNLV 1991.

My wife and I really like the davis shores area. I almost bought in there a few years ago but I believe it's a flood zone so I ended up a little further west...the goal is eventually to get closer to the beach though
Your right about the flood zone, but most of the flooding takes place south of Anastasia Blvd, I live north, no flooding the last two storms.

Advertisement
Would you rather:

I ask because we aren’t winning 9 in a row to close out the regular season, plus however many (3?) it would take to win the ACC tourney, plus 6 to win the NCAA ****le. So the question then becomes when should we lose to get the loss out of the way?
I don’t want to lose anymore games but I am trying to be realistic based on the history of college basketball.

We aren’t going to be:
ACC tourney champs
NCAA tourney champs

We aren’t UNLV 1991.

There is no such thing as an ACC regular season champion, so have to go tourney. And we're not winning the national championship, so let's win something real and have a deep run.

No, FSU would be a Quad 4 loss. That would kill us from a seeding perspective. We are already getting killed for our Quad 3 loss to GT.
Agree. I can't figure FSU out. They started out horrible, then started to look like they were improving midway thru the ACC season, and now have regressed again.

Would you rather:

We aren’t going to be:
ACC tourney champs
NCAA tourney champs

We aren’t UNLV 1991.

I'm in Destin for a couple of months, these mouth breathers are everywhere. Heading to dive bar for the game to terrorize some locals.

Advertisement
Miami -14.5 at -115 on DK. Haven’t decided if I’ll take it. I feel like we will blow them out most of the game and then not cover 😅

Disagree. UVA could lose to UNC and then we beat Pitt. We would then be ACC regular season champions and if we win the ACC tournament we would likely be a 3 seed. A 4 at worst.

But with all that said, let's just win.

This would be a quad 4 loss. The committee has proven repeatedly that conference championships don't impact seeding. OP is correct

Advertisement
So that’s it we’re not winning the National Championship ?????
Seriously, I don’t see a clear cut far superior team. We can score with anyone, seem to out rebound and carve up bigger teams. The only issue would be Omier in foul trouble or some team going ape **** and hitting a bunch of 3s.

There is no such thing as an ACC regular season champion, so have to go tourney. And we're not winning the national championship, so let's win something real and have a deep run.
Are you certain? I just looked up the list of the past 80 years of ACC regular season champions. Now maybe the conference doesn’t officially reward a title, but the record books sure seem to have that info. Are you saying that teams don’t hang banners for it? I would.

Agree. I can't figure FSU out. They started out horrible, then started to look like they were improving midway thru the ACC season, and now have regressed again.
Ham needs to retire. He is still recruiting like its 1995 and a team does not need 3-4 players who can make more than 33% of their 3 point shots. Ham likes 11 athletes and at best 1 shooter. He’s coaching in the wrong decade/millennium.

Advertisement
Back