Official Meltdown/Complaint thread.

Advertisement
Ross - Missouri

Gailard - UGA

JC - UF

Valentine - will be L$U

This is probably the worst ending I've ever seen us have.

Advertisement
I posted this in the other thread, might be better here.

With JC and Ross officially off the table, I think it's safe to suggest that this staff has once again made history for all the wrong reasons. This is surely the worst close (Jan-Feb) to a Miami Hurricanes class in the internet era (since ~96/97), and I can't even think of one that's close. Losing Valentine and Powell and getting only Njoku (no offense to Njoku, who I really like) is an extremely bitter pill to swallow in a month where most fanbases see their team's big dominoes fall.

Since the All-America game practices started, the following talent has been taken from South Florida:
Dalvin Cook, 5 star RB, Florida State (coached by Roland Smith)
Travis Rudolph, 5 star WR, Florida State (coached by Steve Walsh)
Travonte Valentine, 4 star DT, LSU
Ermon Lane, 5 star WR, Florida State (most likely)
JC Jackson, 4 star DB, Florida
Brandon Powell, 4 star ATH, Florida

If you watched the last half of this season, or.... well.... the last 3 seasons..... you know that we likely aren't overcoming our deficit via Xs and Os. If we aren't gaining ground on Florida State to win the ACC via recruiting, where are we making up that ground? We have MANY young coaches on our staff whose forte is supposedly recruiting... is it enough?

I'm extremely appreciative of guys we DID land. We have some very good kids. The horrific close following Golden's PSU flirtations shouldn't completely overshadow what a good group that is. We have some stars, without a doubt, and I love em for choosing to be Canes. Kaaya is a cornerstone player, our OL duo is super-stud, Berrios and the WRs are guys that will make some plays for us without a doubt, our DE group (assuming we don't lose Thomas & Jackson) and DT group is the best in the Golden era, and we got some help at LB and Safety.

I still just don't think that when assessing performance you only look at what you got, you have to put it in the context of what was available and see how you stack up against that. This was perhaps the most talented group of SoFla talent in the last 5 years and too much of it got away.

Ross - Missouri

Gailard - UGA

JC - UF

Valentine - will be L$U

This is probably the worst ending I've ever seen us have.

Don't worry we have a few extra schollies for after signing day! Gonna find some real sleepers out there.

Here's a list of NSD announcements for S. Fla. kids considering Miami:

1. M Thomas - FSU
2. L. Kirkland - Ark
3. A. Collins - Ark
4. S. Coley - Miami
5. K. Bryant - FSU
6. J. Bostwick - UF
7. JC Jackson - UF
8. T. Valentine - (likely LSU)
9. T. Harris - (likely not UM)

1 out of 9 and all S. Florida kids. Unacceptable.

J. Grace?

Advertisement
to be honest as long as Chad Thomas signs as reported there shouldn't be any more *****ing. there has been enough and it's all been said.

We've got a top ten class. we limped in but we still we got one.

I will ***** as much as I want for this **** fest of a close done by this staff.

Advertisement
They literally are gonna miss on all their major targets the final two months.

Embarrassing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back