Official "I Don't See A Loss On the Schedule" Thread

And there is no logic in losing to FIU, Duke, LA tech, yet barely losing to Florida and UNC. There is little to no logic in barely beating Central Michigan.
The real logic is if you look at teams that have faced Bama on their season openers, Bama has usually destroyed their seasons. App state is no slouch, they will be giving us their best shot, meanwhile our team will probably be moping around after losing to Bama. Plenty of logic.
Since you’re revisiting history using App State as your point of reference, the same thing was being said about them 4 years ago when we played them at their house and it was being treated by them like it was championship game. We proceeded to kick their *** and their fans were flocking to the exits at half time. How do I know? I was there.

Advertisement
Since you’re revisiting history using App State as your point of reference, the same thing was being said about them 4 years ago when we played them at their house and it was being treated by them like it was championship game. We proceeded to kick their *** and their fans were flocking to the exits at half time. How do I know? I was there.
Good For You Applause GIF by TipsyElves.com

We're not losing to App State. Not going to happen. We actually have an offense with a pulse now. Two years ago, maybe, but not now. 4 toughest games on the schedule are Bama, Mich St, UNC and FSU (they will be ready to avenge that embarrassing L they took in 2020).

Very successful campaign is us finishing the reg season at 10-2. 9-3 likely means no Coastal title and also means CMD WILL HAVE TO close with a bowl game to capture the 10 win season.

Either way we cut it, 10 wins is the next step on the ladder, and anything more is a bonus.
Except that's basically exactly what I said? Are you agreeing with me or restating what I already said? Does everyone realise I put "possible" L there? Do you all have reading comprehension? If you count it up it still says 2 losses, maybe 3. Where they fall may be different, but it's about the same. Trap games are real. I'm thinking App state is a possible trap game. Yes, I do realize we have an offense with a pulse now, and I'm just as excited about it as everyone else.

Advertisement
And there is no logic in losing to FIU, Duke, LA tech, yet barely losing to Florida and UNC. There is little to no logic in barely beating Central Michigan.
The real logic is if you look at teams that have faced Bama on their season openers, Bama has usually destroyed their seasons. App state is no slouch, they will be giving us their best shot, meanwhile our team will probably be moping around after losing to Bama. Plenty of logic.
King is here. And app st. sucks. People keep trying to hype them up every year over a Michigan game 15 years ago. Kaaya and them boys went up there a slapped them clowns around a few years ago

That's fantastic, but that was playing them after playing the powerhouse that is FAU and not Bama. Hopefully we smack them around again this season too.

Advertisement
That's fantastic, but that was playing them after playing the powerhouse that is FAU and not Bama. Hopefully we smack them around again this season too.

Your posts have no logic behind them. You factor in an offense from two years ago to call games tough, including two teams we beat by a combined 100-10 last season.

Your posts have no logic behind them. You factor in an offense from two years ago to call games tough, including two teams we beat by a combined 100-10 last season.
It's football. That's the point, there is no logic. There is no Manuela "how do you quantify that?" to losing after every bye week explanation. Anyone can lose to anyone on any given Saturday. Sometimes results go against expectations and logic. That in itself is the logic. I got an A in discrete mathematics in college, which is all Logic btw ;) :ROFLMAO:

Advertisement
Point taken. No doubt, App State is a very good G5 team and it’s remarkable they’ve maintained their success considering their geographic location. But even back then, the difference in talent was noticeable from the first play.

Because Dan Enos is coming back to coach the offense and Jarren decided to transfer back to Miami and offered the coaches a big fat blunt to start over King

Advertisement
King is here. And app st. sucks. People keep trying to hype them up every year over a Michigan game 15 years ago. Kaaya and them boys went up there a slapped them clowns around a few years ago

App State's 2019 team went 13-1 and beat UNC and USC(e). Last season they went 9-3 but didn't beat anyone worth a **** (best team they played, and lost to, was probably Coastal Carolina). Over the last five seasons, they're a pretty good G5 team. UM should consistently beat pretty good G5 teams.

We didn't play any good G5 teams last season, but we did beat a pretty average G5 team in UAB by 17 while running a totally vanilla offense. The year before we lost two games to G5 teams (only one of them was even a good G5 team). This season I expect us to be better than those 2019 or 2020 teams.

Overall, I'm pretty confident we beat App State at home (who I suspect is somewhere around the 8th toughest team on our schedule and definitely in the bottom half, talent-wise). And we should beat them by at least 2 scores. But based on our recent history, the timing of the game on our schedule, and App State not being a total G5 pushover, I can understand if people don't think it's a guaranteed W.

I think the offense is gonna be really good and that significantly raises the consistency floor of the team. Not expecting to struggle against weaker competition.

@rok -- what's the OL depth chart looking like, pimpin?

Advertisement
Back