Official heights and weights of reporting freshman/transfers

Rakeem Cato was a 4 year starter & never played a pound over 180lbs.

Finished his career 8th All-time in Passing Yards in CFB History.

Advertisement
WR-DB matchups gonna be nice in the fall practices
Richards-Young
Cager-Delaney
Thomas-Dean
Berrios-Bandy
Mullins-Johnson (down in the box)
then Harley getting a chance to stretch the field - Redwine (playing center field)
Dallas getting a chance to do his thing underneath and Carter bringing the pain when he gets the chance.
Not to mention the TEs and LBs its just so beautiful.

Advertisement
Official heights and weights:

2 Trajan Bandy 5-9, 180
3 Mike Harley, 5-9, 160
3 Dee Delaney, 6-1, 193 RSR transfer
4 Jeff Thomas, 5-10, 175
5 Amari Carter, 6-2, 197
5 N'Kosi Perry, 6-4, 185
6 Jhavonte Dean, 6-2, 185 Jr. JUCO arrival
13 Deejay Dallas, 5-10, 200
17 Waynmon Steed, 5-11, 223
17 Cade Weldon 6-3, 212
22 Robert Burns, 5-11, 215
25 Derrick Smith, 6-2, 200
44 BJ Jennings, 6-1, 230
55 Navaughn Donaldson 6-6, 350
57 Kai-Leon Herbert 6-5, 285
65 Corey Gaynor, 6-4, 285
67 Zach Dykstra 6-6, 300
75 Zalon'tae Hillery, 6-6, 287
88 Brian Polendey, 6-6, 230
97 Jon Garvin, 6-4, 235

Deejay is built pretty solid if he is 5'10 200. I know he was taking snaps at WR in the spring . . . and I am beating a dead horse by bringing this up . . . but those look to be good enough RB height and weight numbers.

Richards-Young
Cager-Delaney
Thomas-Dean
Berrios-Bandy
then Harley getting a chance to stretch the field - Redwine (playing center field)
Dallas getting a chance to do his thing underneath and Carter bringing the pain when he gets the chance.

Do you really think Young is going to be CB1 on our depth chart? Everyone on here seems to think its Delaney, Dean, and Young in that order even though Young had a really good spring.

Richards-Young
Cager-Delaney
Thomas-Dean
Berrios-Bandy

Do you really think Young is going to be CB1 on our depth chart? Everyone on here seems to think its Delaney, Dean, and Young in that order even though Young had a really good spring.

Young will start. Can dean tackle? You not starting in diaz defense at cb if you cant.

Advertisement
Richards-Young
Cager-Delaney
Thomas-Dean
Berrios-Bandy

I think young has proven his worth and he's also familiar with what the coaches want so either cb 1 or 2 spot is his, however I think the nickel/rover spot is the most important spot in the secondary for this defense, if Delaney and dean show they can lock the outside down I can see young playing that role because he may be the best option out of the corners. We have plenty of options though so the best will play.

Everybody missed on that kid

Perry should be around 200 to start the season though

he never played a pound over 180 in a P5 conference either.. where DB are bigger then him. C-USA is not even AAC level of physically.. js

Advertisement
If you're not living under a rock, it's clear that Perry has been working out like a fiend and physical readiness won't be a problem. He's a freak athlete and should be a faster, stronger, quicker 185 by end of summer if he's already 180 now.

No, the challenge for Perry will be to prove he can make sound decisions, won't cough up the ball and can run the offense. With our defense, our floor is 9 wins unless we have a high turnover count on offense. That's Rosier's biggest problem, he hasn't proven he's reliable after 4 years. And Shirreffs is too inconsistent. So Perry will have every chance to win the role outright as a result, and it will come down to what's between his ears, not his body weight.

A hit is a hit, it doesn't matter what player is delivering it.

Have any of you body builders ever watched a football game before? You do realize that even biggest & strongest muscle bound players can get hurt too right?

You think every single **** player has to be 230lbs+ with 4% body fat in order to play college football?

Francois took a beating last year from **** near every team they played, and he started every game, his weight had little to do with it.

Toughness & being able to sustain throughout a season has nothing to do with pounds, but everything to do with heart & intestinal fortitude.

6'4 185... I'm not a nutrition expert. How much weight can we realistically expect to put on by August? Would probably need to get to 200 to not die? Not trolling, just asking. Thanks

Freshman QB at 185 and 6-4 is fine. Besides he is solid as a rock. If he gets to 190 that's great... my real concern is can he eat the playbook like he's eating the protien shakes? If he does that this year could be special.

Advertisement
Derrick Smith (FS) and Amari Carter (SS) would kill ppl if they both could get on the field at the same time. I hope Smith gets a good look at that FS spot first.

Is Perry at a legit 185?

He said at the end of january on his official visit he weighed in at 178. So not unbelievable that he is 185 now.

Great news. Think Perry will be fine at 185-190, now he needs to go in and take the job.

He will be 200 pounds or close to it by the season. A little over 3 months of training with big gus felder will add some weight quickly on him

Do you know how hard it is to gain 15 lbs of muscle, let alone in 3 months? More like 188 by the end of the summer.

Like El said tho, his weight doesn't matter..key is to keep him upright with a clean jersey. He can still play at 185-190.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back