Official heights and weights of reporting freshman/transfers

Advertisement
Perry actually has a decent frame on him - yeah, small BF but really broad frame/shoulders. That's usually a good sign for putting weight on. He's not going to gain much weight over the summer with the amount of conditioning they'll do. The winter/spring is the time to oh on the weight for the most part. Also, if you line up his physique alongside jacory's, it would be night and day.

Jacory and even Kirby Freeman beat FSU Kaaya did not. He actually helped us lose the last 2 games with costly interceptions.

Jacory and even Kirby Freeman beat FSU Kaaya did not. He actually helped us lose the last 2 games with costly interceptions.

Harris did lose to USF..... none of them lived up to the hype. Thats why I am not getting amped up on Perry. Hope he balls out but too many porsters on here crown players before they ever practice at the U

Advertisement
Is Perry at a legit 185?

He said at the end of january on his official visit he weighed in at 178. So not unbelievable that he is 185 now.

Great news. Think Perry will be fine at 185-190, now he needs to go in and take the job.

He will be 200 pounds or close to it by the season. A little over 3 months of training with big gus felder will add some weight quickly on him

Do you know how hard it is to gain 15 lbs of muscle, let alone in 3 months? More like 188 by the end of the summer.

Like El said tho, his weight doesn't matter..key is to keep him upright with a clean jersey. He can still play at 185-190.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He will gain more than 3 pounds. He added 7 pounds in 3 months just working out on his own.

11 Ken Dorsey QB 6-4 185 Fr. Orinda, CA (Miramonte HS)
12 Jacory Harris QB 6-4 185 Fr. Miami, Fla. (Northwestern HS)
5 N'Kosi Perry QB 6-4 185 Fr. Ocala, Fla. (Vanguard)

Looks like it may be the default height/weight for incoming tall, skinny quarterbacks

Looks like it may be the default height/weight for incoming tall, skinny quarterbacks

lol

If Perry isn't 220 by the time the season starts then he must be redshirted even if he blows all the other QBs away.

Advertisement
A hit is a hit, it doesn't matter what player is delivering it.

Have any of you body builders ever watched a football game before? You do realize that even biggest & strongest muscle bound players can get hurt too right?

You think every single **** player has to be 230lbs+ with 4% body fat in order to play college football?

Francois took a beating last year from **** near every team they played, and he started every game, his weight had little to do with it.

Toughness & being able to sustain throughout a season has nothing to do with pounds, but everything to do with heart & intestinal fortitude.
And genetics. Some guys are genetically more durable than others regardless of size. Bobby Gehrig is built like a tank, but he gets hurt changing his socks.

Dorsey was taller than Perry and actually weighed 165 when he got to UM.

A hit is a hit, it doesn't matter what player is delivering it.

Have any of you body builders ever watched a football game before? You do realize that even biggest & strongest muscle bound players can get hurt too right?

You think every single **** player has to be 230lbs+ with 4% body fat in order to play college football?

Francois took a beating last year from **** near every team they played, and he started every game, his weight had little to do with it.

Toughness & being able to sustain throughout a season has nothing to do with pounds, but everything to do with heart & intestinal fortitude.
And genetics. Some guys are genetically more durable than others regardless of size. Bobby Gehrig is built like a tank, but he gets hurt changing his socks.
Exactly, Jack Allison was up to 215lbs & still got ****ed up when we went live in practice.

Dorsey was taller than Perry and actually weighed 165 when he got to UM.

Yeah, I think people forget how **** skinny Dorsey was. I got to school in 2001 and one of the D-lineman mistook me for Dorsey in the Mahoney Pearson omelette line. I was probably 6' 5" and a whopping 175 at the time. I'm not sure Dorsey cracked 200 until senior year. I'm also not sure he took a single clean shot behind that o-line, so durability was a non-issue.

Advertisement
I have no idea why everyone is so obsessed with weight here. A single look at Perry makes it obvious how much more solidly build he is than Jacory was at the same stage, numbers be damned. He will easily put on 10-15 lbs with a proper diet and be closer to 200 by game 1, guaranteed...and even if he's not, he will play if he demonstrates control of the offense.

Derrick Smith on campus:

DAh3iqBXYAEdO_h.jpg

Advertisement
lol y'all are so obsessed with Kaaya it's kinda scary. That team that Jacory best in Tally was terrible

Derrick Smith (FS) and Amari Carter (SS) would kill ppl if they both could get on the field at the same time. I hope Smith gets a good look at that FS spot first.

I'm still not sold on Smith... Hopefully I'm wrong

Diaz glowed about him in an interview on the class a few months back. He loves Smith's downhill, violent play. And he expects him to contribute on defense this year.

Advertisement
Back