Official Fire Mark Richt Thread

Mark Richt Will Lead Miami to the CFB Playoffs Next Year

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The guy is a ******* bum. He's WAY worse here than he was at UGA,

We’re getting the tired, burnt out version. We literally begged and bent over for this dude. He had no intentions on coaching until we made the pot too sweet for him. Not even mad at Richt (well, yeah I am b/c he said he loves this school), but I’m more upset w this admin.

Advertisement
[
We’re getting the tired, burnt out version. We literally begged and bent over for this dude. He had no intentions on coaching until we made the pot too sweet for him. Not even mad at Richt (well, yeah I am b/c he said he loves this school), but I’m more upset w this admin.

He's getting paid to retire early while kick starting his son's career. He couldn't have planned this any better.

T
Since you're asking. I came by your message board when Miami hired mcr. I have silently read from your message boards for some time now. 1st of all let me say that I am not here to insult or gloat I don't don't believe that helps anyone. I love college football it is the only sport I watch. It is one of the few sports left where it takes a group of people to truly accomplish something incredible. That being said I have been a Georgia fan all my life, it was instilled in me from a young age watching Hershel Walker. I personally think mcr is a good person at heart. He genuinely cares for his players. He reaches out to the disadvantaged in the community and actually did a lot of good while at Georgia. Unfortunately I don't believe he is head coach material. He lacks the fire that a head coach must have to push an organization of people to the limit. That is what it takes to become great. Look around on any given Saturday, the great coaches are more than willing to chew someone's *** to coach them up whether it be a player or an assistant. The hc is not there to be everyone's best friend. He is there to oversee an organization of people with a common goal. An amazingly hard goal. Your best friend cannot get you there. Only someone who is willing to do what ever it takes to make you do the impossible can. Cmr if he had that fire it is gone. I know how painful it is for Miami fans now. I witness the miracle on the plains, I watched Saban come in and out coach Georgia at home. The juggernaut that is Alabama was built in the vacuum that every team in the sec east created including Georgia under mcr. I watched as two of the best QBs to come out of Georgia in 40 yrs go out of state. They play in the NFL now. Do I think cmr can give you a 10 win season again? I like to think so, I don't like or want to see people fail. It was not that long ago that Notre Dame was a dumpster fire and so far they are having a great season under Kelly this year. But do I think cmr can take you all the way to a national championship? After 15 years of experience unfortunately the answer is no. To be great you have to live, eat, and breath it. I don't believe it is in him. A good man yes, a great head coach no. For any of you that might think I'm throwing shade I'm not. Georgia is still searching for a title and while we currently have hope, they are few and far between. Truly best of luck to you
That's one long paragraph.

Wrong

Rick is a god**** genius

Invested one million dollars in the IPF to buy himself 3 more years of job security at 4 million per year. They don't teach that at Harvard Business School.

That 1 million was part of Georgia's handshake buyout ($4mil total for doing nothing). He is about to rape UM when he is fired.

That 1 million was part of Georgia's handshake buyout ($4mil total for doing nothing). He is about to rape UM when he is fired.

Free 1 million that was also likely tax deductible. Now virtually unfireable despite likely finishing 5-7, which will be tied for worst record since 1979.

Advertisement
Lol, he almost won it at Georgia. Nobody will remember that he almost won a championship. People remember winners and championships, not coaches and teams who almost won it.

Most of these facts mean jack shxt because he couldn't win it at Georgia. What makes you think he's going to win it at Miami, with less resources? I fail to see the logic in that.

This isn't the Miami of the 80s/90s/early 2000s. Players want to win now and they would rather take their talents to Bama, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Michigan.

Maybe read past the first line next time. You and the point are on completely different orbits.

This was about processing a series of rationalizations that a reasonable person could have made at the time and showing how said rationalizations have been proven to be completely wrong. Richt can't win it in Miami, and that he almost won doesn't matter. That was the point.

Maybe read past the first line next time. You and the point are on completely different orbits.

This was about processing a series of rationalizations that a reasonable person could have made at the time and showing how said rationalizations have been proven to be completely wrong. Richt can't win it in Miami, and that he almost won doesn't matter. That was the point.
No take backsees.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This should be tacked, because richt averages 3 losses a year.

giphy.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back