Official Fire Mark Richt Thread

Mark Richt Will Lead Miami to the CFB Playoffs Next Year

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Advertisement
proxy.duckduckgo.com.png

Whoever’s idea it was to extend this lifeless lump should be fired immediately. In any other business, that sort of fiscal retardation would end in immediate termination and blackballing.

Advertisement
Whoever’s idea it was to extend this lifeless lump should be fired immediately. In any other business, that sort of fiscal retardation would end in immediate termination and blackballing.

Depends on who you want to believe, it's either the inept BOT or our former head of ticket sales/current "AD"

I think what we also need to recognize...what we've learned from Richt...is someone with a pulse can't just come in here and win. Shannon and Golden were incredibly terrible coaches, but Richt wasn't a horrendous coach throughout his career. He was an underachiever, but not Shannon or Golden. I was a victim of thinking any non-bum could come in here and win a championship. I was wrong. You need a real deal coach to win here, especially in today's climate. Its a war zone for talent and we cant just get the scraps and compete.

With that said...our players are vastly overrated, too. And have been. Not our players at the top per se, but our depth has been overrated by our fans. Our recruiting classes have been overrated and we've seen - what I think - is abnormal amounts of attrition in classes for a school that is thought of as highly as ours.

As much as I want a great offensive mind for our next coach...I also want a DOG of an evaluator. We are going to need to make some chicken salad out of chicken **** for the foreseeable future.

And yeah...Richt is a bit of a loser now. Unfortunate. He didn't need to do much to be considered "the guy" for a while here...he just needed to keep us in that 9, 10, 11 win range...get us out of the Coastal. But man, has he tanked hard. Embarrassing. To the point not a single fan is willing to give this guy even a chance to right the ship, and justifiably so.

Advertisement
Here is the story on the rift between Rick and Jeremy Pruitt. Pruitt said Rick was “non-confrontational” and that “He taught me there are more things in life other than football”. Amazing stuff tells you all you need to know why Saban and Jimbo are successful and Rick not so much.. Pruitt also repeatedly disrespected Rick but imagine this happening with Saban or Fisher?

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/david-pollack-jeremy-pruitt-disrespectful-mark-richt

Last edited:
We got duped into thinking he could win at UM with out talent, he was fired at UGA for a reason, he will never win here.
Its an embarrassment to lose 4 straight at UM against mid to lower level ACC teams

just needs to retire
His 3rd four game losing streak since he’s been here.

We've given out 4 of them in a row, so why change things now?

Advertisement
We got duped into thinking he could win at UM with out talent, he was fired at UGA for a reason, he will never win here.
Its an embarrassment to lose 4 straight at UM against mid to lower level ACC teams

just needs to retire

If this drags on another 2 years it will set Miami back another 5 on top of that. The guys rich please just retire so we can hire a good coach.

Just ask Georgia
Since you're asking. I came by your message board when Miami hired mcr. I have silently read from your message boards for some time now. 1st of all let me say that I am not here to insult or gloat I don't don't believe that helps anyone. I love college football it is the only sport I watch. It is one of the few sports left where it takes a group of people to truly accomplish something incredible. That being said I have been a Georgia fan all my life, it was instilled in me from a young age watching Hershel Walker. I personally think mcr is a good person at heart. He genuinely cares for his players. He reaches out to the disadvantaged in the community and actually did a lot of good while at Georgia. Unfortunately I don't believe he is head coach material. He lacks the fire that a head coach must have to push an organization of people to the limit. That is what it takes to become great. Look around on any given Saturday, the great coaches are more than willing to chew someone's *** to coach them up whether it be a player or an assistant. The hc is not there to be everyone's best friend. He is there to oversee an organization of people with a common goal. An amazingly hard goal. Your best friend cannot get you there. Only someone who is willing to do what ever it takes to make you do the impossible can. Cmr if he had that fire it is gone. I know how painful it is for Miami fans now. I witness the miracle on the plains, I watched Saban come in and out coach Georgia at home. The juggernaut that is Alabama was built in the vacuum that every team in the sec east created including Georgia under mcr. I watched as two of the best QBs to come out of Georgia in 40 yrs go out of state. They play in the NFL now. Do I think cmr can give you a 10 win season again? I like to think so, I don't like or want to see people fail. It was not that long ago that Notre Dame was a dumpster fire and so far they are having a great season under Kelly this year. But do I think cmr can take you all the way to a national championship? After 15 years of experience unfortunately the answer is no. To be great you have to live, eat, and breath it. I don't believe it is in him. A good man yes, a great head coach no. For any of you that might think I'm throwing shade I'm not. Georgia is still searching for a title and while we currently have hope, they are few and far between. Truly best of luck to you

Advertisement
Since you're asking. I came by your message board when Miami hired mcr. I have silently read from your message boards for some time now. 1st of all let me say that I am not here to insult or gloat I don't don't believe that helps anyone. I love college football it is the only sport I watch. It is one of the few sports left where it takes a group of people to truly accomplish something incredible. That being said I have been a Georgia fan all my life, it was instilled in me from a young age watching Hershel Walker. I personally think mcr is a good person at heart. He genuinely cares for his players. He reaches out to the disadvantaged in the community and actually did a lot of good while at Georgia. Unfortunately I don't believe he is head coach material. He lacks the fire that a head coach must have to push an organization of people to the limit. That is what it takes to become great. Look around on any given Saturday, the great coaches are more than willing to chew someone's *** to coach them up whether it be a player or an assistant. The hc is not there to be everyone's best friend. He is there to oversee an organization of people with a common goal. An amazingly hard goal. Your best friend cannot get you there. Only someone who is willing to do what ever it takes to make you do the impossible can. Cmr if he had that fire it is gone. I know how painful it is for Miami fans now. I witness the miracle on the plains, I watched Saban come in and out coach Georgia at home. The juggernaut that is Alabama was built in the vacuum that every team in the sec east created including Georgia under mcr. I watched as two of the best QBs to come out of Georgia in 40 yrs go out of state. They play in the NFL now. Do I think cmr can give you a 10 win season again? I like to think so, I don't like or want to see people fail. It was not that long ago that Notre Dame was a dumpster fire and so far they are having a great season under Kelly this year. But do I think cmr can take you all the way to a national championship? After 15 years of experience unfortunately the answer is no. To be great you have to live, eat, and breath it. I don't believe it is in him. A good man yes, a great head coach no. For any of you that might think I'm throwing shade I'm not. Georgia is still searching for a title and while we currently have hope, they are few and far between. Truly best of luck to you

It's funny, the one common quote you ever get with regards to Richt is "he's a great guy". I have zero doubt he's a real Christian (not the fake Tim Tebow type that plays to the camera). I don't think anyone on this board has ever questioned the quality of the human being.

But in regards to football, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the game has passed him by. Believe me, you're talking to a fanbase who has been made to endure FOUR CONSECUTIVE horrible HC hires. We are experts at this point at spotting crappy coaching. In some ways he's evern worse than his 3 predecessors when you factor in the amount of money he's being paid and the cost that will eventually arise when we have to buy him out.

So with all that said, he's the worst play caller I've EVER seen and an extremely overrated recruiter. He simply shouldn't be coaching here or ANYWHERE else. In the current state he's reached he'd pull any program down to the depths of mediocrity.

So yeah, with all that said I hope we fire him and FSU hires him.

Advertisement
Back