**OFFICIAL CANES VS UNC THREAD** BEAT THE HEELS

I am disappointed we lost. I think we had numerous chances to win and couldnt put it together. The offensive rebounds were ridiculous and easily the reason the game was even close. Their second chance points had to be off the charts. Take away half, and we win.

Like DCF said, big stretch coming up. IMO, we need to win 5 and at least make it to the 2nd round of the tourney to be a lock. Win 4 and 2nd round and it is a good possibility. Win 3 and we need to win the tourney.

Advertisement
We win 3 if Durand is out with the injury, and we get in foul trouble early and/or reggie goes soft. But I still think we can win at least 3 more easily.
We win 4 if Durand is healthy, plays like he did tonight, and Reggie doesn't go soft for one of the tougher games.
We win 5 more if everyone is healthy, Reggie decides to beast it up, and Grant starts making more of his shots while also not handling the ball.

****. lost the game on the defensive boards. simple as that.

That's pretty much how I saw it, you would figure Regg and Kadji would hold their own against Zeller and Henson and they did pretty much. Regg and Kadji went for 16 boards together vs Zeller/Henson going for 19, so we held our own there. On the other hand Barnes and Bullock got 13 between them, which is just 4 less than the rest of our team.

Advertisement

That's pretty much how I saw it, you would figure Regg and Kadji would hold their own against Zeller and Henson and they did pretty much. Regg and Kadji went for 16 boards together vs Zeller/Henson going for 19, so we held our own there. On the other hand Barnes and Bullock got 13 between them, which is just 4 less than the rest of our team.

Yeah it wasn't necessarily the big men, but their whole team is ******* tall. I didn't realize it was that close on the boards, seemed like a lot bigger discrepancy while watching the game. It seemed to me that they had a lot more second chance points off of their offensive rebounds, maybe that's why it seemed like such a big difference.

We also had 15 turnovers to their 6, and it seemed like they converted on fast breaks the vast majority of the time. That was killer as well.

Yeah it wasn't necessarily the big men, but their whole team is ******* tall. I didn't realize it was that close on the boards, seemed like a lot bigger discrepancy while watching the game. It seemed to me that they had a lot more second chance points off of their offensive rebounds, maybe that's why it seemed like such a big difference.

We also had 15 turnovers to their 6, and it seemed like they converted on fast breaks the vast majority of the time. That was killer as well.

Along with taking better care of the ball they also took less bad shots, even though neither one of us hit 40% shooting we definitely took more bad shots.

Yup, along with turnovers. The atmosphere was pretty **** good last nite (considering that POS sound-system & scoreboard) but we HAD that game. Terrible boxing out & the refs sure as **** didn't help anything

Advertisement
Night losses Lol excuses, this ***** recruited the media well and stupid fans. Fans though cuz ***** spoke English he could coach.

Advertisement
Back