OFFICIAL 2012 Recruiting THREAD

NorthFlaCane

Senior
Usually running back is lumped in as well, but we seem to be recruiting guys as pure running backs without much thought to moving them to other positions. Anyway, out of the guys we have committed, what position do you see them ending up at? As best I can tell, here's the list of guys we have who could play wr, s, or cb.

D'Mauri Jones - wr
Jontavious Carter - wr
Ricquan Southward - wr

Herb Waters -wr or cb
Angelo Jean-Louis - wr, cb, or s
RayShawn Jenkins - wr or s

Nate Dortch - cb
Vernon Davis - cb

Larry Hope - cb or s
AJ Leggett - cb or s

Advertisement
And out of the recruiting targets or hopefuls that I've heard of, here's who we've got

Deon Bush - cb or s
Tracey Howard - cb
Crevon Leblanc - cb or s
Lucas Thompson - s
Stefan Diggs - wr or s

JUCOs
Gerald Bowman - s
Tony Grimes - cb

Prep
Gerod Holliman - s

Jones , Carter, Southward, Waters WR
AJL WR or CB (Mike says WR but others have said CB)
Dortch, Davis, Hope, Leggett CB
Jenkins S

We need at least 1 more S in this class at a minimum.

Wellington (FL) Palm Beach Central High WR/DB and Cane commitment Angelo Jean-Louis has helped his team to a 7-3 record and its first ever berth in the playoffs - the team plays at Seminole Ridge on Friday.

"Angelo's having a phenomenal season as a wide receiver and cornerback for us," Central High coach Rod Harris said. "He has every statistical record for a receiver."

Harris thinks Jean-Louis could be a standout on offense or defense at the next level.

"He's 6-0, 195, is strong, fast, has great hips," Harris said. "I know Miami's looking at him as a corner now, and he could be a shutdown corner."

If we could finish our secondary recruiting with Lucas Thompson or a couple JuCos I'd be extremely happy. We need guys ready to play now.

Advertisement
I'm not a big fan of Herb Waters. For some reason, I see him as a Daniel Adderly type. Too slow, too hestitant and not a game changer.

We just can't afford a roster of solid kids anymore. We need 4-5 difference makers on both sides of the ball IMO.

I'm not a big fan of Herb Waters. For some reason, I see him as a Daniel Adderly type. Too slow, too hestitant and not a game changer.

LOL what??? Dude, Herb Waters is a playmaker.. You're insane. Daniel Adderley was a 6-6 SLOW WR who played against a bunch of 5-5 white kids in high school. Herb Waters is a 5-11 quick WR who makes BIG plays against the top high school teams in the country. You're way off on your analysis or you're getting Herb confused with someone else..

Advertisement

LOL what??? Dude, Herb Waters is a playmaker.. You're insane. Daniel Adderley was a 6-6 SLOW WR who played against a bunch of 5-5 white kids in high school. Herb Waters is a 5-11 quick WR who makes BIG plays against the top high school teams in the country. You're way off on your analysis or you're getting Herb confused with someone else..

Possible that I am confusing him with someone else. Is he the kid that ran a 4.72 that we are recruiting at WR?

We just can't afford a roster of solid kids anymore. We need 4-5 difference makers on both sides of the ball IMO.

Vinn, I've seen him camp in person. He is going to be a lot of people's favorite recruit. He has that old school Miami swagger, wants the ball, is very vocal, loves the game, and will be a leader here IMHO. While he's not a burner, he's very skilled, fights hard for the ball, and has good size. I like him.

Possible that I am confusing him with someone else. Is he the kid that ran a 4.72 that we are recruiting at WR?

I don't know what he ran but who cares? The recruiting services said Ray Ray Armstrong ran a 4.4 LOL

[video=youtube;rO3fTyIG-2g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO3fTyIG-2g[/video]

Does Herb look slow to you?

Advertisement
There's track speed, and then there is pads on/football speed. See Ed Reed. He did not break any speed records on the track, but on the football field...

Kid will be a player here, and from some accounts could be a WR or CB, so I love the versatility.

Yes. But like people have said, times can be misleading. He did very well against top national kids on the camp circuit, and has apparently played well this year. He's competitive, aggressive and a play maker. No super fast, but if he were he'd be a top 20 national recruit.

Advertisement
And out of the recruiting targets or hopefuls that I've heard of, here's who we've got

Deon Bush - cb or s
Tracey Howard - cb
Crevon Leblanc - cb or s
Lucas Thompson - s
Stefan Diggs - wr or s

JUCOs
Gerald Bowman - s
Tony Grimes - cb

Prep
Gerod Holliman - s
There are some good players on this list. Not sure what room we have left though. Obviously bush and Howard would be great. I've moved on from diggs. Do not expect. The juco kids could make a impact.

Herb Waters is the kind of guy who, in previous years, would've gone to Louisville or Iowa and turned into their best receiver by his 2nd year. Kid is a natural wide receiver, but not a dominant athlete.

Herb Waters is the kind of guy who, in previous years, would've gone to Louisville or Iowa and turned into their best receiver by his 2nd year. Kid is a natural wide receiver, but not a dominant athlete.

See this is what I recall reading from Bluestein or one of the other local recruiting guys. Used terms like solid,possesion receiver and so on. While I havent seen much film on him,I am just speculating at this point and saying we need studs and differenece makers right away. We are too average across the board. Outside of Miller, we don't have a home run threat that is proven at the next level.

Not getting Jeremey Davis in the last class hurt us IMO. He had that next gear speed and playmaking ability that we could use. Teams like Clemson,FSU and VT have more game changers than we do. Gotta equal the playing field IMO, if we want to compete for the ACC.

NFCane? Do you have any measurables and shuffle /40 times on these guys? Just curious about straight line speed vs. change of direction speed.

Personally, I would look to see the overall tean speed improve on both sides of the ball.. I don't really care too much about star raking, et. Just recruit guys that can play multiple position with that one need ingrediate speed.

Advertisement
Back