OFFICIAL 2012 Recruiting THREAD

This happens every year around this time. Other teams will lose recruits as well, and hopefully Golden can scoop them up.

Advertisement
Didn't UF have top 5 classes the last few years. FSU also. Classes rankings are what they are. Fill needs, have good plan B's, and coach them up.

One thing is pretty obvious IMO - the staff isn't getting caught with their pants down on this, because for the last week all we have heard is "we have all these commits and all these guys interested, how do we fit them all in?"

It sucks that we are going to have a couple academic casualties, because they were both lined up for immediate playing time. But I think we'll be able to fill their spots with Grimes and (if we're really, really lucky) Dixon, or some other combination of JUCO and HS talent, and hopefully the AJL's end up going prep and become Canes in January 2013.

Southward? Whatever, we got played. Good talent though. Brown? Good player but we've still got an elite LB class.

WE.WILL.BE.FINE.

The thing that hurts is that Leggett and AJL both would have played next year with our poor secondary. The other guys I'm not as worried about, but losing two impact players in our secondary because of grades just ****es me off. You'd think if these kids actually wanted a future they would hit the books.

Advertisement
This happens every year around this time. Other teams will lose recruits as well, and hopefully Golden can scoop them up.

Aside from Duke, AJ & AJL are the top 2 immediate difference-makers in this class. "Everyone" is not going to lose that.

4 star AJL gone

4 star AJ Legget gone

4 star Keith Brown gone

4 star Southward gone

Rankings according to Scout:

Miami 2007 Ranking: 13
VT 2007 Ranking: 25

Miami 2008 Ranking: 3
VT 2008 Ranking: 20

Miami 2009 Ranking: 29
VT 2009 Ranking: 41

Miami 2010 Ranking:14
VT 2010 Ranking: ? (for some reason I can't get scout's 2010 25+ rankings to load.)

Miami 2011 Ranking: 40
VT 2011 Ranking: 39

So over the last 5 reruiting classes, Miami has been ahead of VT by at least 12 spots except for one class that VT was ahead by one spot (and that was last year), but VT has won 4 out of the last 5. I know there is a correlation between stars and MNCs, but let's start off by winning our division within the conference then we can worry about higher rankings and the MNCs that come with them.

Last edited:
4 star AJL gone

4 star AJ Legget gone

4 star Keith Brown gone

4 star Southward gone

Rankings according to Scout:

Miami 2007 Ranking: 13
VT 2007 Ranking: 25

Miami 2008 Ranking: 3
VT 2008 Ranking: 20

Miami 2009 Ranking: 29
VT 2009 Ranking: 41

Miami 2010 Ranking:14
VT 2010 Ranking: ? (for some reason I can't get scout's 2010 25+ rankings to load.)

Miami 2011 Ranking: 40
VT 2011 Ranking: 39

So over the last 5 reruiting classes, Miami has been ahead of VT by at least 12 spots except for one class that VT was ahead by one spot (and that was last year), but VT has won 4 out of the last 5. I know there is a correlation between stars and MNCs, but let's start off by winning our division within the conference then we can worry about higher rankings and the MNCs that come with them.

boom

4 star AJL gone

4 star AJ Legget gone

4 star Keith Brown gone

4 star Southward gone
Southward was a zero star when he committed to us.

But otherwise, agree to a point. Taylor also left a month or more ago -- he was 4*.

The reasons vary -- Leggett and AJL are academic casualties. That happens. Brown is a weird family situation. Oh well. Southward is Urban Liar doing his thing.

Bottom line: AG's an active, aggressive recruiter. He stole kids from other schools last January (Finnie, Crawford, et al.). I fully expect him to be out there replacing these kids and upgrading the class. We can judge in Feb. how well he recruited this year.

Advertisement
I thought the only ***** we were supposed to see was in the lounge....

Way too early to sweat. There will be ups and downs the next couple months. We will lose some but please believe we will flip some guys our way. Be easy fellas

agree with this totally. its going to be a ride.

Advertisement
Back