OFFICIAL #2 PRACTISE THREAD

Advertisement
Is Chaney not at full go yet? Seems like he has been quiet these first two days unless all the reports have went under my nose. Hearing a lot of good things about knight the last two days as well. Definitely think his strength is open field, definitely a receiving back who would work really well in the slot or on screens/bubbles, drags or wheels. Gotta get his pass blocking up though, especially with Mallory not being known as a blocker up until this point.

11v11 play:

Restrepo declines to lay out for a ball from Van Dyke on first team, probably could’ve had it but heard footsteps with Bolden closing in.

Knighton has nothing, dances around in backfield, makes a man miss, then cuts upfield for a chunk gain for second team

Advertisement
Is Chaney not at full go yet? Seems like he has been quiet these first two days unless all the reports have went under my nose. Hearing a lot of good things about knight the last two days as well. Definitely think his strength is open field, definitely a receiving back who would work really well in the slot or on screens/bubbles, drags or wheels. Gotta get his pass blocking up though, especially with Mallory not being known as a blocker up until this point.
He’s a full go and worked with ones , they aren’t in pads so its hard to judge anything in the trenches minus pass rush /blocking

Advertisement
I can’t remember but if he did it was more about numbers. He’s only been here a year. We he moved to cb the numbers were god awful and then mix in blades being out. Going into this year safety was the deepest and arguably best group.

Thanks. I remember reading about the kid when he was being recruited, most thought he was an in the box safety or a striker that can match up with TEs or bigger RBs out of the backfield.

I think it makes sense to move him to Striker, next year we might only have Chase returning (Carter graduates and Frierson will have finished 4 years here). In fact, if Striker continues to be a hybrid LB/Safety (instead of a nickelback type), i think having both Harrell and Washington move there might not be unreasonable. Neither one of them were noted for their coverage skills IIRC.

Thanks. I remember reading about the kid when he was being recruited, most thought he was an in the box safety or a striker that can match up with TEs or bigger RBs out of the backfield.

I think it makes sense to move him to Striker, next year we might only have Chase returning (Carter graduates and Frierson will have finished 4 years here). In fact, if Striker continues to be a hybrid LB/Safety (instead of a nickelback type), i think having both Harrell and Washington move there might not be unreasonable. Neither one of them were noted for their coverage skills IIRC.
Washington should not be playing striker. He should be playing FS. You don't want him playing in the box if you don't have to have him there.

Don't forget T-Rob was begging Ivey to visit USCe during the final stretch of his recruitment.

I believe Duasso even referenced that on a CIS Podcast once.

I have always liked Ivey for some reason. I hope he makes the mopes on here eat their words. ****, i hope he plays so well that the mopes that were shading him left and right are the ones begging for him to come back for his SR season in 2022.

Advertisement
11v11 play

Harley picks up 25 on a catch and run slant to the middle of the field from King

Cam Harris shows off his speed, bouncing one to the outside and picking up 20 for first team.

Balom with good coverage giving no room to Redding on a throw from Garcia on a 20-25 yard corner route to the back pylon.

Garcia tries the same route on Balom with Restrepo on next two snaps. First throw was too short and wide to sidelines, Restrepo lays out and gets his hands on it but can’t haul it in as he hits the ground. Offensive Sideline yelling “Awww!” as it looked like he might make an amazing catch.

Second throw, Garcia puts it right on Restrepo, who got a step on Balom. Restrepo skies for the ball and secures it as he’s knocked down by Balom in the end zone. Touchdown. Offense and their sideline goes nuts. End practice

11v11 play

Harley picks up 25 on a catch and run slant to the middle of the field from King

Cam Harris shows off his speed, bouncing one to the outside and picking up 20 for first team.

Balom with good coverage giving no room to Redding on a throw from Garcia on a corner route to the back pylon.

Garcia tries the same route on Balom with Restrepo on next two snaps. First throw was too short and wide to sidelines, Restrepo lays out and gets his hands on it but can’t haul it in as he hits the ground.

Second throw Garcia puts it right on Restrepo, who got a step on Balom and skies for the ball and secures it as he’s knocked down by Balom in the end zone. Offense goes nuts. End practice
Smells like competition.

Advertisement
Still 11v11:

Rambo beat Stevenson on a curl to the sticks for first team from King.

Redding with another nice grab on an out to the sideline with Clarke in coverage on second team.

Restrepo working on first team picks up a chunk across the middle on a bullet from Van Dyke.

Ivey with a PBU on a deep ball intended for Keyshawn from Van Dyke on first team.

Mallory beats Jennings/Steed across the middle for a gain for 20-25 from Van Dyke for first team
Get Jennings out of here, I'm sorry. He simply can't play.

I have always liked Ivey for some reason. I hope he makes the mopes on here eat their words. ****, i hope he plays so well that the mopes that were shading him left and right are the ones begging for him to come back for his SR season in 2022.
I hope so too…
But the heat he’s gotten up to now is completely earned. He’s been meh at best. Might lead the nation in tackles….. after 40+yard catches that zing past his helmet.
I think most would be ecstatic if he balls out. But he’s got most of us not sure it’s actually in him. He has the natural tools there’s no denying that.

Advertisement
Back