OFFICIAL #1 PRACTISE THREAD

Its called hyperbole. The point was, too many guys see someones size when they arrive on campus, want to bulk them up and move them before they even have a chance to practice at the position they were recruited at. It’s not like comparing a hoops kid to Jordan, because I wasn’t comparing JW to ST at all in terms of skill set or abilities. Purely based on size/weight when entering college and the weird obsession some fans have about switching positions solely based on those measurements.
who are these guys you refer to?

the only people who decide on bulking a kid up are the kid and staff. those are also the only folks who decide where a kid will play.

fans just talk and speculate.

i don’t know if anyone speculates just off size / weight but it’s pretty obvious that JW is a size that is an outlier for safety and he’s a true frosh who will likely keep growing.

the reason this issue is sensitive, imo, isn’t because it’s a crazy discussion re JW but because it’s an obvious one, and people are just sensitive about it.

personally i’m not concerned with his future position roght now. i’m excited to see what he can do this year at S. but sean taylor isn’t evidence to me of anything about JW’s future spot.

Advertisement
you guys been drinking?

all these alleged people who say the darndest things. you’d think this is the internet or something.

nothin in tension with people saying recruit them, let them pick their spot, and still wondering whether there’s a future position switch.
I don’t drink so that’s a no. I know you’re trying your little condescending schtick acting like a few internet posters have said this but there’s a ton of posters here saying this. So the better question is have you been drinking for last few months since you’ve missed all of these posts ? I mean you said “ all of these alleged people “ , like I just said I saw six Sasquatch having a picnic by my house smh.

Last edited:
I don’t drink so that’s a no. I know you’re trying your little condescending schtick acting like a few internet posters have said this but there’s a ton of posters here saying this. So the better question is have you been drinking for last few months since you’ve missed all of these posts ? I mean you said “ all of these alleged people “ , like I just said I say six Sasquatch having a picnic by my house smh.
if you feel i’m condescending to you, this exchange is pointless. i’m not the one getting upset here. i just expressed a different point of view. have a nice day.

Advertisement
@Cribby - we saw Chaney mentioned in a comment or two. Don you have any word on where’s he at in terms of health and readiness?

Have a seat, boss.
Sending Off Red Card GIF by Football Australia

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back