OFFICIAL #1 PRACTISE THREAD

Advertisement
Lol did anyone hear someone say “what the **** was that” when K Washington went up against Arroyo? I think it was T-Rob

Advertisement
ST was a whole nothing thing. No one wanted to move him to LB that I recall because he was the most fluid hips dude you’ll see at S.
His point was people here would've seen St's size and would've wanted to move him without realizing how good his hips were. Same with wr's - te's , cb's-safety , striker - safety . He could end up there in 2-3 years but safety is the long term plan. If anything he's position less but his fluidity and speed is just fine .

Last edited:
His point was people here would've seen St's size and would've wanted to move him without realizing how good his hips were. Same with wr's - te's , cb's-safety , striker - safety . He could end up there in 2-3 years but safety is the long term plan. If anything he's position less but his fluidity and speed is just fine .
i understand what he’s trying to say but you just don’t use ST for that example imo. like comparing a hoops kid to jordan.

JW is fluid for his size but he’s huge and it wouldn’t surprise anyone if he did end up growing into another position. Hence again why ST isn’t the right proof and in any case, no one was clamoring to move ST that I can recall.

i understand what he’s trying to say but you just don’t use ST for that example imo. like comparing a hoops kid to jordan.

JW is fluid for his size but he’s huge and it wouldn’t surprise anyone if he did end up growing into another position. Hence again why ST isn’t the right proof and in any case, no one was clamoring to move ST that I can recall.
He's fast and fluid, not just for his size. Some people here act like this is Ray Ray Armstrong 2.0. Ray was stiff and slow, James isn't St but he's far from Ray Ray. People are basing their opinions on his height and wait ,not his skill set.

Advertisement

Its called hyperbole. The point was, too many guys see someones size when they arrive on campus, want to bulk them up and move them before they even have a chance to practice at the position they were recruited at. It’s not like comparing a hoops kid to Jordan, because I wasn’t comparing JW to ST at all in terms of skill set or abilities. Purely based on size/weight when entering college and the weird obsession some fans have about switching positions solely based on those measurements.

Last edited:
Its called hyperbole. The point was, too many guys see someones size when they arrive on campus, want to bulk them up and move them before they even have a chance to practice at the position they were recruit at.
Yet during their recruitment the same people say " tell him whatever it takes to get him to sign here bro, let him play the position he wants too lol.

LT beat Hillery with ease
Harvey beat Scaife easily
Thomas beat Olueasehn
LT beat Traore
Seymore stones JHH
Thomas Davis beats Washington with ease
This is the thing about training camp, every win for the O is a loss for the D and vice versa. Still like to see growth on all though.

Advertisement
He's fast and fluid, not just for his size. Some people here act like this is Ray Ray Armstrong 2.0. Ray was stiff and slow, James isn't St but he's far from Ray Ray. People are basing their opinions on his height and wait ,not his skill set.
shrug.

after long on on these boards, most people learn not to bother frame their arguments based on the duller 10% of the poster base. there are always silly things said.

the issue with JW is that while he is big and fluid, he’s also tall and long with a frame that does like like it will or could outgrow safety.

folks act like discussing his future position fit/evolution is some sort of sacrilege. it’s logical. and crazies aside the discussions i recall weren’t ‘clamoring’ for a change so much as speculating on the future.

then we get one clip of him at fall practice and all the sudden it’s ‘look, sean taylor.’.

there was a reason people were not to my recollection talking about ST changing position on these boards or the ones I read back when, and there is a reason there are folks wondering here. Maybe by this fall no one will wonder anymore.

Advertisement
Every single time I read something about position changes, I think about Keith Traylor entering the NFL at 6'3 250 lbs and 4.5 speed as a LB and winning a Super Bowl at 6'3 340 lbs because he became a nose tackle due to him being cut as a LB.

I dont want James Williams to become a NT. Dude is a S, period.

Yet during their recruitment the same people say " tell him whatever it takes to get him to sign here bro, let him play the position he wants too lol.
you guys been drinking?

all these alleged people who say the darndest things. you’d think this is the internet or something.

nothin in tension with people saying recruit them, let them pick their spot, and still wondering whether there’s a future position switch.

Every single time I read something about position changes, I think about Keith Traylor entering the NFL at 6'3 250 lbs and 4.5 speed as a LB and winning a Super Bowl at 6'3 340 lbs because he became a nose tackle due to him being cut as a LB.

I dont want James Williams to become a NT. Dude is a S, period.
what lesson do you take from traylor?

what lesson do you take from traylor?
IMG_20201029_153522.jpg

Advertisement
Back