***OFFICAIL NCAA "THIRD ROUND" GAME THREAD VS COLORADO***

Advertisement
Around The NCAA Tournament
Who to watch: Durand Scott is breaking out of the shadow of Shane Larkin. The other Miami guard stepped out of that shadow against Pacific, scoring 21 points on 60 percent shooting including five from beyond the arc. Scott now has four 20-point games and has hit 36 percent from deep.

What to watch: Illinois' Brandon Paul likes to try to put the load on his shoulders and carry a game. Sometimes, when he is hitting outside shots, that works. But he is a 40-percent shooter and is about to go against the lightening-quick guard combo of Scott and Larkin. The Illini will need to pass the ball more effectively in order to get into an offensive flow against the Hurricanes. Judging from the Illini's past stats -- they are 317th in Division I in assists with only 10.2 per game -- that is not likely to happen.

Stat to watch: In the last two games, Miami has made 24 3-pointers and shot 54 percent on those 3s. If the Hurricanes are hitting from the outside, they will force the Illini to extend their defense, leaving the middle vulnerable.

Advertisement
Advertisement
NCAA.com says it's a 9pm tip. The anticipation is a killer! At least that gives me a chance to watch the Lady Canes on one TV and Florida Gulf Coast on the other. A bunch of awesome games so far today, and let's hope the men give us another one!

Yeah the early games were amazing. I hope the night games and top those in terms of electricity and atmosphere.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back