Offensive Tackle depth

I will tell you that Merriweather was awful in his time at RT replacing McCoy. He appears to be a guard only, not somebody that they can rotate around the line. Is this all we have behind Sampson and McCoy?
Cantwell tweet that he is home at LT only so I guess he will have to wait his turn.. He rather be bench at LT than get on field and do something..
 
I will tell you that Merriweather was awful in his time at RT replacing McCoy. He appears to be a guard only, not somebody that they can rotate around the line. Is this all we have behind Sampson and McCoy?
Cantwell when he is ready and that will come this season, but you guys gotta be patient. Luckily we have a bye week for McCoy to get healthy.
 
He’s a freshman so it’s understandable we need to be patient while he develops but we’re going to need Cantwell to at least give us solid rotational snaps as we get deeper into the season.

Big opportunity for him in the next 2 weeks to develop.
 
I will tell you that Merriweather was awful in his time at RT replacing McCoy. He appears to be a guard only, not somebody that they can rotate around the line. Is this all we have behind Sampson and McCoy?
Cantwell tweet that he is home at LT only so I guess he will have to wait his turn.. He rather be bench at LT than get on field and do something..
Or can Samson slide to RT and Cantwell play the left side.
 
The point is, he’s a tackle and not a guard. So regardless of whatever side he’s on, when he’s ready, he will be excellent.
Do you see him as a swing tackle guy later in the year getting meaningful rotational snaps? Is there a scenario other than major injury that you can see him getting starter snaps this year?
Based off what I’ve seen out of Merriweather at RT, that time can’t be that far away can it?
 
Do you see him as a swing tackle guy later in the year getting meaningful rotational snaps? Is there a scenario other than major injury that you can see him getting starter snaps this year?
Based off what I’ve seen out of Merriweather at RT, that time can’t be that far away can it?
Absolutely he will be our swing tackle this year, he just needs to get a little more ready. Merriweather is a guard all the way and he actually played pretty good at guard last week during the CMU game. He’s not a tackle.
 
It doesn't exist right now. McCoy dislocated his shoulder (I think?) and missed just a handful of snaps. Hopefully Cantwell can become the 3rd tackle soon.
 
Back
Top