Offensive Player Evaluations

I forgot who said it on Twitter but I think they nailed Coley (OC) in big games. They said he's incredible at the scripted portion of the game which is usually the first half or so. He needs a lot of work on calling plays after that. Seems like all the big games the offensive playcalling is perfect for the first half (FSU last year) but it's after the defense adjusts that he struggles.

Advertisement
Only thing I really hated playcalling wise, was bring in Rosier in the redzone. Kaaya was killing them and it seemed to kill the drive.

I think we really got something with Joseph Yearby. Remember when we recruited Graig Cooper and Pitt got LeSean McCoy? Based upon our conversations here since Yearby inked with us, there seamed to be little doubt that FSU, in Dalvin Cook, got the "LeSean McCoy" and we may have gotten another "Graig Cooper." This is not a referendum on who is better, but I really like what Yearby has shown so far. He is excellent between the hashes and seems to always make the first guy miss.

Brad Kaaya looks so confident this year. Fortunately (or unfortunately), I think he keeps us in every game this year. Easily the best quarterback we've had here since #11 and probably the best QB in the ACC.

Very nice to see some of the young wide receivers/TE's get involved. Cager made a nice first down catch on a ball that was thrown a tad high, and Brady introduced himself nicely with a TD and a beautiful over the shoulder grab. Chris Herndon and Njoku too.

Advertisement
coley still needs to work on his red zone pass plays some of them are a little too generic

Oh yeah that too. Corner fades must die. Most predictable and least effective play out there. It's not like our receivers have anybody that's going to go over the opponents head.

I have yet to see Yearby get difficult yardage. He does a great job catching and hitting the hole. Hopefully his weight gain helps.

After rewatching the game while my family went to church

Kaaya- Had a good feel for the rush yesterday, he had a good game yesterday but it shouldve been great...he still missed about 5 wide open throws that he needs to connect to separate himself from good to great. He underthrew some deep balls and a few of his throws were late.. at times he looks like he is aiming instead of throwing. Does not have touch for the jump ball or fade throw but His biggest weakness is he cannot throw on the run. HE continually overthrows wide open recievers on the run. 60% completion rate should have been 65% B[/B]

Lol Vern will never give Kaaya any credit. Sad.

Even Kaaya himself says that he has to improve his passing when being actively rushed and throwing on the run and under pressure; that's not on Blackvern.

If you listened to local broadcaster/writers of the local beat of the teams we play, their report on Brad is consistent: If you rush, press him hard, if you don't hit him, and most keenly, push him OUT OF HIS COMFORT* zone, then Brad will "give you the ball" and or miss his receivers. He missed a wide open Joe Yearby for a TD while on the run...

If you don't believe it pull out the video tape [espn3] then go rewatch the game. After you see what's happening to Brad when his passes miss the mark, can you rescind your baseless observation?

Advertisement
coley still needs to work on his red zone pass plays some of them are a little too generic

Oh yeah that too. Corner fades must die. Most predictable and least effective play out there. It's not like our receivers have anybody that's going to go over the opponents head.

id actually like more fades with the tall TEs and wideouts we have, if you are going to run shotgun id do more quick slants and RB passes over the middle

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back