Odogwu
Knighton
McDermott
Darling
Linder
Akpejiori
Brown
Grimsley

On paper, this does not bode well. Someone tell me we will roll.

Advertisement
LT Flowers
LG Feliciano
C McDermott
RG Isidora
RT Gadbois

LT McDermott
LG Wells
C Gall
RG Darling
RT Odogwu

LT Harvey
LG Grimsley
C Linder
RG Knighton
RT Brown/Akpejiori

So three of our 5 starters have significant playing time, 4 others have some playing time. We also have lots of depth with some quality but inexperienced back ups who can get experience slowly throughout the year.

Not seeing the problem. The majority of programs in the country would wish they had our o-line. Barring a couple of catastrophic injuries early in the season we're fine on the o-line.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Three players with significant playing experience:

Flowers
Feliciano
McDermott

Four players with minimal playing experience:

Wells
Gall
Isidora
Gadbois

Eight players with no playing experience:

Odogwu
Knighton
McDermott
Darling
Linder
Akpejiori
Brown
Grimsley

On paper, this does not bode well. Someone tell me we will roll.

I guess you equate minimal playing time / college game experience with lack of ability?

Advertisement
We should be OK (at least in an Art Kehoe way of being "ok") provided we don't have a rash of injuries (particularly we need Flowers & Feliciano to stay healthy so that we don't have to play Odogwu or McDermott [yet]).

I'm worried about depth, but Isidora and Gadbois aren't chopped liver. Injuries are the real concern, not the starting five. We need Darling and McDermott to develop in a hurry.

It starts in the middle. If Gall cant beat out Shane, we are in trouble already. I try not to trash our players, but McDermott is a major liability

Advertisement
I'm worried about depth, but Isidora and Gadbois aren't chopped liver. Injuries are the real concern, not the starting five. We need Darling and McDermott to develop in a hurry.
Depending who you believe, Isadora was really shining before he got hurt. Guard is a tough spot for a young guy, even a cannibalistic moose-beast like Alex Gall

Depending who you believe, Isadora was really shining before he got hurt. Guard is a tough spot for a young guy, even a cannibalistic moose-beast like Alex Gall

McDermott just isn't strong enough in the middle, really hope Gall is ready to take major snaps this season.

Advertisement
Back