Offensive Line is a Weakness

View as article
Advertisement
Exactly but then your dumb@$$ said “Furthermore how can you blame Diaz considering the offensive "keys" were handed to Enos and Barry.” Your words @sshole. So yea we can blame Diaz because it was his decision as Head Corch to hand the keys over to Enos and Barry with clearly no oversight! But by all means keep porsting away moron. Lol
Clearly, Manny has overall responsibility for the performance of the team. Everyone wanted him to bring in a big-time offensive coordinator. The reality is that any "big time" offensive coordinator is not going to accept the position if not given a certain amount of autonomy particularly if the head coach has a defensive background.

And autonomy does not mean no oversight. Were you involved in Enos' negotiations and know what type of oversight was agreed upon? Are you in their game planning sessions and know what type of adjustments (if any) they're making? Do you know how much autonomy Enos has in making personnel decisions? Let me guess, you don't know anymore than anyone else.

From our vantage point all we can do (besides second guessing) is watch the games and see if things improve. Four games, is enough to say it's not working, we're not there, but it's too soon to say the staff's a failure.

No but Enos and Barry should be fired for the game planning/play calls and there decisions to start and leave freshman on an island at both tackles with no help! Yea absolutely they should be fired for that and further more if we had a real admin Diaz should also be held accountable since he’s the HC and he’s the one letting Enos and Barry run the offense like we have Bamas oline. Aside from that take your old *** and go for a long walk off a short pier and take Diaz and Blake with you thank you very much. Lol

Wow. You have real issues with Manny. It’s pretty clear. And by association, Enos and Barry. This is all from 4 games?

Exactly but then your dumb@$$ said “Furthermore how can you blame Diaz considering the offensive "keys" were handed to Enos and Barry.” Your words @sshole. So yea we can blame Diaz because it was his decision as Head Corch to hand the keys over to Enos and Barry with clearly no oversight! But by all means keep porsting away moron. Lol

The paint tho

I think the WR play has been good so far - Wiggins has definitely improved. He's hired guys he's comfortable with, but he also thinks they're very good.

If it fails he gets fired, he knows that.

Valid points. And I think many are forgetting that the majority of guys in that room last year couldn’t seem to catch a cold, never mind the football. Enos brought Stubbs in to work on the details. Teach/reinforce the technical parts of running routes etc. that’s the kind of coach Enos is- detail oriented and precise. So far, to my eye, the guys look a lot better. And a number ofWR recruits have mentioned how much they like him. I havent seen him do anything to warrant all the criticism except maybe not play some fan favorites enough for the fans.

Advertisement
I can talk about Manny's roster management on defense. He has been here 4 years. (secondary and linebacker moving forward are concerns)
I can comment that this staff has a problem along the offensive line because the roster management of the previous staff left them in the position that they have started 3 freshmen along the offensive line....who....have played like freshmen
Agree

Herbert is a Guard, they play him at Tackle out of necessity but he's never had the footwork, technique nor toughness needed to ever be a proper Tackle at the college level.

Hillery has been the most shocking let down due to his size, seems like he should've been a legit RT since he's been here but he's been moved back forth between G & T because he just lacks the strength to hold up.

Zion has been terrible no doubt, but seriously bro the others are far worse.
Can’t be far worse. Just like how they said Campbell/Zion was our best options at tackle that turned out to be a blatant lie as scaife definitely is and it’s not even close yet he wasn’t given a chance to play tackle vs uf

Last edited:
Can’t be far worse. Just like how they said Campbell/Zion was our best options at tackle that turned out to be a blatant lie as scaife definitely is and it’s not even close yet he wasn’t given a chance to play tackle vs ug
We don't know that it's a lie. Do you believe the Enos, Barry and Manny intentionally mislead the Cane faithful knowing there were better options that for some unknown reason they were unwilling to consider. Maybe they were trying to balance tradeoffs patching the exterior versus solidifying the interior (knowing they also had no quality depth at guard if they moved Scaife to tackle). Maybe Nelson/Campbell froze when the bright lights came on (you can only get so much in practice). Maybe they just made a mistake in judgement.

And before you mention that they should have known, hindsight is always 20/20.

Last edited:
Couple important things you missed here in blaming the staff. First, Kennedy was recruited by and catfished the previous staff prior to Manny taking the HC job. Second, if these are the best guys we’ve got, what is this staff supposed to do about it? That’s the hand they’ve been dealt.
I should of stopped reading after your first post in this thread buuuut I kept reading just to see the mods waffling like Eggos.
That’s why I tell you guys to listen to Romberg and Kelvin Harris’s podcasts (respectively) if you want football knowledge based on access to practices and players on this team.

If you had listened, you would have known that the coaching staff has already acknowledged and addressed the OL issues and Nelson will be taking a break this week and might not even play. Also these guys are championship winning OL themselves. Plus the Holsum 1 (Cane podcaster) was a 3 time national championship OL that has valuable knowledge on what has and is happening too.

Now there’s some facts, but this site is mostly for insight based in emotional opinions and a fkn field day for trolls - and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. But I do wish folks would do a little more data mining before they just spew out their beliefs only to yield 15 “I was wrong again” posts after canes1968 calls malarkey.

malarkey

Synonyms

applesauce [slang], balderdash, baloney (also boloney),beans, bilge, blah (also blah-blah), blarney, blather,blatherskite, blither, bosh, bull [slang], bunk, bunkum (orbuncombe), claptrap, codswallop [British], crapola [slang],crock, drivel, drool, fiddle, fiddle-faddle, fiddlesticks, flannel[British], flapdoodle, folderol (also falderal), folly, foolishness,fudge, garbage, guff, hogwash, hokeypokey, hokum, hoodoo,hooey, horsefeathers [slang], humbug, humbuggery, jazz,moonshine, muck, nerts [slang], nonsense, nuts, piffle,poppycock, punk, rot, rubbish, senselessness, silliness, slush,stupidity, taradiddle (or tarradiddle), tommyrot, tosh, trash,trumpery, twaddle.

Advertisement
Worst offensive line since Kyle Wright was under center. And there is a high probability this is one of the worst offensive lines I've ever seen.

I actually wouldn't mind if Butch Barry told his players to cut block every play. At least that would slow the Dline down better than what they are doing now.

Last edited:
I'm reading about people blaming Richt and how he didn't have a good line late into his UGA career. Dude got fired after a 9 win season in the SEC. Put this team in the SEC East and see how many wins it gets. Something is up, man. Call it bags, call it what you will, but Miami can not retain kids like the other programs can.

Advertisement
Richt was notorious for always being short on scholarships at UGA. He brought the same flawed philosophy here.. How about we see how Manny handles it.
I've got to wonder about Richt's brain after watching him several times in-studio on ACCN. He sounds incoherent at times. I wonder if there was something going on we did not know about.

Of course it does. That’s the point, not sure if you misread or if I’m misunderstanding your response.

We are absurdly young and it’s too early for any judgments.

You need to highlight the bolded statement to the herd on here. This is true for the players, coaches and the overall team. The fact is no one knows how we will develop as a team by the end of the season let alone 1 or 2 years later. The cult just has no patience and does not understand the meaning of develop, build, or progression.

Advertisement
I've got to wonder about Richt's brain after watching him several times in-studio on ACCN. He sounds incoherent at times. I wonder if there was something going on we did not know about.

Agree. Sad if true, and would hate to see this happen to him. Or anyone.

I should of stopped reading after your first post in this thread buuuut I kept reading just to see the mods waffling like Eggos.
That’s why I tell you guys to listen to Romberg and Kelvin Harris’s podcasts (respectively) if you want football knowledge based on access to practices and players on this team.

If you had listened, you would have known that the coaching staff has already acknowledged and addressed the OL issues and Nelson will be taking a break this week and might not even play. Also these guys are championship winning OL themselves. Plus the Holsum 1 (Cane podcaster) was a 3 time national championship OL that has valuable knowledge on what has and is happening too.

Now there’s some facts, but this site is mostly for insight based in emotional opinions and a fkn field day for trolls - and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. But I do wish folks would do a little more data mining before they just spew out their beliefs only to yield 15 “I was wrong again” posts after canes1968 calls malarkey.

malarkey

Synonyms

applesauce [slang], balderdash, baloney (also boloney),beans, bilge, blah (also blah-blah), blarney, blather,blatherskite, blither, bosh, bull [slang], bunk, bunkum (orbuncombe), claptrap, codswallop [British], crapola [slang],crock, drivel, drool, fiddle, fiddle-faddle, fiddlesticks, flannel[British], flapdoodle, folderol (also falderal), folly, foolishness,fudge, garbage, guff, hogwash, hokeypokey, hokum, hoodoo,hooey, horsefeathers [slang], humbug, humbuggery, jazz,moonshine, muck, nerts [slang], nonsense, nuts, piffle,poppycock, punk, rot, rubbish, senselessness, silliness, slush,stupidity, taradiddle (or tarradiddle), tommyrot, tosh, trash,trumpery, twaddle.
Are you saying Holsum1 is a 3X NC OL at UM? What OL played on 3 NC teams at UM? Would've had to play on '87, '89, '91 teams. Name one UM player who has 3 rings. I can't think of one. Is he another imposter?

Can’t be far worse. Just like how they said Campbell/Zion was our best options at tackle that turned out to be a blatant lie as scaife definitely is and it’s not even close yet he wasn’t given a chance to play tackle vs ug

Everyone knew Scaife was the best tackle on the team including the coaches they gambled and thought that having Scaife at Guard was the best decision for their offense... going against Florida it was a terrible coaching decision.

But Zion in the starting line up is still the best option regardless bc Kennedy was the worst transfer offer in cfb history and we recruited the tackle position in woat fashion as well.

Scaife, Donaldson, Gaynor, Clark, and Zion is still the same bodies still the same problems.

Advertisement
Back