Offensive Line is a Weakness

Nah man he is Kelvin Harris. I think the Holsum 1 played for South Dakota state or somewhere.
Check: Harris and Holsum both have 3 rings a piece but at different levels. Holsum is also a coach and linked in heavy with South Florida recruiting. I don’t agree with everything he says but he does a good job of breaking down the coaching aspects of the game for casual fans.This is one of his better vids, go to around 55 minutes in to hear his critique on the OL situation. It’s a good listen.

This is Kelvin Harris

Advertisement
That the whole situation is a mess. Searels/Richt take the biggest blame for what is on the roster
Manny takes responsibility for whiffing in the portal with Kennedy
Manny takes responsibility for letting a depleted offensive line let talent walk in Reed
Manny announcing after 10 sacks that Campbell would be the starter and replacing him was a bad look
Manny thus letting Zion still march out there, is a bad look too
Barry thinking those two freshmen were your best options, (they weren't) is problematic

Looks like they were wrong about Campbell being the best option. Show your work on the Zion claim.

OL sucks is a comment every game all game. This is like a newspaper with weeks old news.

In the CIS article after he committed, it states he is a RT or possibly a G. Is now being penciled in as a LT?
Given how bad this line is, I expect him to be wherever the greatest position of need is.

Advertisement
You still haven't acknowledged that you incorrectly blamed Manny for the Kennedy catfish. It's pure conjecture that they should have started somebody else over Zion and Campbell. Seriously, tell me who you think should be starting and how you have any confidence that would be any better than what we've got.
Bro they already took out Campbell after week 0 and are probably going to take out Zion (or switch him to RT) for the Tech game.....what more proof do you want that they shouldn’t have started those two guys? They are basically admitting they messed up by benching them lol 🤦🏻‍♂️

Searels is a big cog in this too. Currently his UNC offensive line has given up 19 sacks to Miami's 18 (one more game) That guy recruited more guards than the Miami Heat. A big reason the roster management is a mess there.

NOW this is an interesting stat.

Shows a close "apples to apples" comparison of two different teams position group (OL) tied together by the same coach.

Not a great look for Searles UNC has only gicen up one less sack than Miami.

Richt was running a "high school level offense" not by choice, but by necessity as when the ball was snapped his offensive line was regularly pushed into the backfield, which narrowed down his options to about zero. And needless to say, the quarterback position was, putting it kindly, also limited. Not a combination for success no matter what scheme you run.

Further, anyone that thought that this year's offensive line was going to be much better than last year's offensive line should throw out the Tequila and enter the 10 step program. By the way, we may see some offensive line improvement as the year progresses, but not enough to truly appreciate what Enos can do with even an average offensive line.
So he knew his O-line was trash and yet his two favorite plays were - slow developing run and All verts. Seems legit

Advertisement
Knowing all of this, here's a few honest questions. Players do develop. Will this line get better? We have three OL recruits coming in next year, two of which are early enrollees. Will we be better next year? How long until the OL isn't a concern?

It’s pretty simple, Zion Nelson should not be starting at LT or anywhere on the line. He’s not ready. Until they replace him with someone else are online is going to be bad

Advertisement
Do we have one decent OL on the entire roster? Scaife? Maybe?

Recruiting and coaching at that position has been an unmitigated disaster.

If the Oline was at least at last year's level, I suspect we are looking at 4-0 rather than 2-2. This is the single biggest issue on the team, point blank.

The irritating thing is we have had 2 players leave this year from this Oline group, and I am not sure why. We need to learn a bit more about this. George and Cleveland would both be useful now...

Advertisement
Mark Richt -- leaving us with excellent kickers and OL since 2019. Call and order your Mark Richt today and guarantee your progrum a chance to be led into the abyss by a real life cadaver at 1-800-go****yourself.

How bad are the back up tackles when the starters can’t even get out of their stances?

BTW not firing off the ball is 100 percent on the OL intern butch Barry. Also on him is the poor assignment identification by the entire unit. Hire a bum get bum performance.

Even the most blind, unknowing football fan can tell the Miami line is really bad. I'm pretty sure we're all in 100% agreement on that. The real issue is, why are we playing underclassmen at a position where they are least likely to succeed. I'm not saying these guys will never be good players, it's just incredibly rare for anybody to be starting a line this young. Even the best linemen often need a year or two of seasoning before they're ready to play. Did Richt/Searles really miss on every single OL recruit? We have one junior and zero senior linemen who are worth anything at all? You can get by playing a freshman if you surround him with upperclassmen but when you've got a line that starts two freshman, two sophomores and a junior, you can't hide anybody's mistakes.

Nablob Donaldson should be benched. You can't function as a guard at 370 lbs with no mean streak.

I don't care who replaces him just get him out of my sight.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back